GUILTY FL - Phoebe Jonchuck, 5, dropped from 60' bridge, St Petersburg, 8 Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I find it odd that they say the child fell 62 feet, the skyway is actually over 200 ft in the middle. Seems that if the end result was to kill the child you would go to the top and not throw her from such a low height.

In 1997 while fishing the old skyway I hooked into a teenagers body who had jumped a couple of days before. His body was spotted by a trooper floating towards me and he began screaming for somebody to catch him before the tide took him back out.

I think that is what LE may be thinking too. They say they are not sure the little girl was alive or already dead when tossed over. teh ME will help them establish that.

Reading the articles

One other reason why I usually just keep quiet. I am so busy the last couple months I have to rely on the "did you hear about" from my wife. My usual response, "I saw the headline". :(

Regardless of details it is heartbreaking and brings up bad memories.

Mobile here so don't know how to do Links, but one article says cause of death was drowning how completely heartbreaking for the officer to have to know he wasn't able to save her

I didn't see this posted anywhere. Please merge them if there is another thread.

Police: Girl, 5, dies after being thrown from Florida bridge
By Tribune wire reports contact the reporter

The father of a 5-year-old girl pulled his daughter from the back seat of his car and then threw her off a bridge over Tampa Bay, Florida police said Thursday.

It wasn't clear why 25-year-old John Nicholas Jonchuck threw his daughter or whether she was alive at the time, though an officer who witnessed it said he "thought he heard the child scream," St. Petersburg police Chief Anthony Holloway said at a news conference....

:sigh: :tears:

There is info on his name in msn now.

Police: Girl, 5, dies after being thrown from Florida bridge
By Tribune wire reports contact the reporter

The father of a 5-year-old girl pulled his daughter from the back seat of his car and then threw her off a bridge over Tampa Bay, Florida police said Thursday.

It wasn't clear why 25-year-old John Nicholas Jonchuck threw his daughter or whether she was alive at the time, though an officer who witnessed it said he "thought he heard the child scream," St. Petersburg police Chief Anthony Holloway said at a news conference....

Phoebe Jonchuck 900 01_1420726252460_12279826_ver1.0_900_675.jpg

What a horrible way for me to start the day. :tears:

One other reason why I usually just keep quiet. I am so busy the last couple months I have to rely on the "did you hear about" from my wife. My usual response, "I saw the headline". :(

Regardless of details it is heartbreaking and brings up bad memories.

I hope I didn't offend! I apologize if I did and sincerely didn't mean to. Your post prompted me to go ahead and write something I'd already been turning over and over in my head, just thinking out loud, really. Please don't stay quiet!

This is just so tragic. I get the impression that this beautiful little girl probably had a very difficult life, in her 5 short years. God Bless her. So very sad.

How very sad. I will never understand how a person can do something like this.

Beautiful child. I wish "Daddy" had jumped instead of throwing her away.

From another article I read, seems the mother of the child recently got engaged and the monster father to the child didn' t like it. The mother seems to have moved on with another domestic violence offender. Also the article says she has multiple sclerosis and is why she let the father have custody of the child. The child was beautiful and it is very sad.

He doesn't want an attorney, he wants to "leave it in the hands of God".

Girl, 5, dies after being tossed from bridge

Andrews asked the handcuffed Jonchuk if he was able to hire his own lawyer.

"No," Jonchuk replied.

Would he like one appointed?

Again, the reply was, "No."

"Are you sure?" Andrews pressed.

"I want to leave it in the hands of God," Jonchuk said.

http://www.wisn.com/national/girl-5...S - wisn12&Content Type=Story&linkId=11631362

He doesn't want an attorney, he wants to "leave it in the hands of God".

Girl, 5, dies after being tossed from bridge

Andrews asked the handcuffed Jonchuk if he was able to hire his own lawyer.

"No," Jonchuk replied.

Would he like one appointed?

Again, the reply was, "No."

"Are you sure?" Andrews pressed.

"I want to leave it in the hands of God," Jonchuk said.

http://www.wisn.com/national/girl-5...S - wisn12&Content Type=Story&linkId=11631362

Sounds like he was the court to believe he is a mental case. I am sick of this child killing. No attorney, fine take him straight to the lethal injection room. Just sick of it!!!

The man accused of throwing his 5-year-old daughter off a bridge early Thursday had been acting strangely hours before, calling his attorney "God" and asking her to translate a Bible in Swedish, according to sheriff's documents. Attorney Genevieve Torres said she met with John Jonchuck on Wednesday to discuss the custody case for his 5-year-old daughter, Phoebe, who was found dead in Tampa Bay after police said he tossed her into the water.

Torres was so worried about Jonchuck and Phoebe that she reported the odd statements to police. They interviewed Jonchuck and his daughter as he was picking her up from a church day care and both appeared to be in good health. Jonchuck said he didn't want to harm himself or anyone else, the documents said....A little more than twelve hours later, police said Jonchuck threw his daughter over a bridge.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...ring_n_6438558.html?utm_hp_ref=crime&ir=Crime

This is so heartbreaking!! May this precious angel RIP.

Probably any height would have been fatal. How well could a five-year-old swim in that water? If she even knew how to swim.

Reading the articles, I got the impression that he threw her over to distract the cop so he could get away. I could be wrong about that, but there's just no scenario here that's "better" than any other. Just heart-breaking any which way it happened.

“The most heart-wrenching thing is I know Phoebe was petrified of water. She could not swim,” said Mattos, who adds that Jonchuck knew his daughter could not swim and was afraid of water.

And...

“He seemed like the kind of person who was happy as long as everything was going his way, but as soon as there was a bump in the road it was, who can I go after? Who can I make suffer for something that I didn’t get, you know?"

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/i...ge-says-former-friend-of-alleged-child-killer

This poor, sweet little girl got handed a heavy burden in life from the get go... I'll stop here and just bite my tongue. :mad:

Beautiful little Phoebe, may you forever play with the angels up in Heaven. :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back