FL FL - Reny Jose, 21, Panama City Beach, 3 March 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ALBANY – The parents of missing Shaker High School graduate Reny Jose are calling on the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to join the search effort.
At a candlelight vigil on Sunday, Sherly Jose and Jose George told NewsChannel 13 they believe additional resources are needed to find their son, who was last seen eight weeks ago.
"It's just hard, very hard, for me to even sleep, eat, drink, walk, anything," Sherly Jose said, stifling tears. "Every minute I'm thinking about my son coming home. I want him home."
Reny Jose, 21, a Rice University senior, vanished on March 3 while on spring break with a group of friends in Panama City Beach, Fla. His cell phone, clothes, and wallet were found in a trash can.

http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S3414478.shtml?cat=10114

Just a few weeks ago my dearest friend and her husband went to a show in downtown Atlanta. While in the parking lot after the show they came across a young man completely naked trying to get into a girls passenger seat claiming it was his car. My friends husband intervened and determined the kid had been drinking and dropped acid at the same show. he had lost his clothes,phone, wallet, and friends. It took my friends husband and another guy to get him out of the girls car and back to the club where the show was. A manager found him some clothes and after thirty minutes or so they figured out his name and facebook his sister. Its scary to think what could of happened to him if my friend husband hand't steeped in. Just thought I would share this because of the similar events: drinking, lsd, misplaced clothes and belongings, and extreme concussion. I'm glad there is no water in downtown Atlanta because this young man could have very well ended up in it.

Just a few weeks ago my dearest friend and her husband went to a show in downtown Atlanta. While in the parking lot after the show they came across a young man completely naked trying to get into a girls passenger seat claiming it was his car. My friends husband intervened and determined the kid had been drinking and dropped acid at the same show. he had lost his clothes,phone, wallet, and friends. It took my friends husband and another guy to get him out of the girls car and back to the club where the show was. A manager found him some clothes and after thirty minutes or so they figured out his name and facebook his sister. Its scary to think what could of happened to him if my friend husband hand't steeped in. Just thought I would share this because of the similar events: drinking, lsd, misplaced clothes and belongings, and extreme confussion. I'm glad there is no water in downtown Atlanta because this young man could have very well ended up in it.

It could be that Reny chose to disappear..Someone posted they believe they saw him on a non rental scooter in PC....Another posted they believe they saw him hitchhiking in the Bonifay FL area...

Classito

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, Florida ranks second in the nation for the number of hate groups. Georgia ranks third. In my experience, racism is more accepted in the South. People seem to be open about their racist views. Up north, I knew people who were racist. But they didn't dare talk in public like they might have in their own homes.

According to the map on Southern Poverty..California has the most recorded hate groups, New Jersey coming in fourth and New York fifth...Note those are only known active groups chapters not actual people who commit hate crimes

According to FBI statistics on actual hate crimes..Washington DC ranks 1st and of the top ten states with the most hate crime, only one is an almost southern state. That state being Kentucky...

I believe that the "friends" know more about what happened to Reny. I feel so horrible for Reny's family. The story about LSD was made up. Most of the friends left PCB right after Reny went missing. Who does that!? You can't stay and help look for your friend? You can't tell LE what you know?

I have to say, that doesn't sound weird to me. Even though they are in college, they are still kids! If someone went missing, my parents would have absolutely demanded for me to return home... and I would have wanted to get out of there, if someone had gone missing!!! I can't seeing telling my child to stay when I would not know if he/ she was about to be next to disappear.

I had not seen this case and saw it linked through another missing person's facebook page. I hope his parents get some answers and some peace. That has to be torture to feel like you are looking for your beloved needle in a whole world of haystacks!!

They have had community walks (and this article has the number of people in the house up to 22):
http://www.troyrecord.com/general-news/20140427/videos-walk-vigil-held-for-missing-albany-man

and made a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiiWaxkN3yU&feature=share

They are currently signing a petition to have federal involvement. They are certainly trying!!

ALBANY – The parents of missing Shaker High School graduate Reny Jose are calling on the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to join the search effort.
At a candlelight vigil on Sunday, Sherly Jose and Jose George told NewsChannel 13 they believe additional resources are needed to find their son, who was last seen eight weeks ago.
"It's just hard, very hard, for me to even sleep, eat, drink, walk, anything," Sherly Jose said, stifling tears. "Every minute I'm thinking about my son coming home. I want him home."
Reny Jose, 21, a Rice University senior, vanished on March 3 while on spring break with a group of friends in Panama City Beach, Fla. His cell phone, clothes, and wallet were found in a trash can.

http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S3414478.shtml?cat=10114

Have the discarded items been fingerprinted? If Reny was high on drugs, would he care that he placed these things into a trash receptacle? I lean toward someone else tossing his personal belongings into the trash.

The "friend" who was last with Reny will some day answer to a higher power.

:bump:

Happy Birthday, Reny...
You are missed!

:candle:

#WhereIsReny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While not attempting to be judgmental in cases when young adults go missing, I must admit Beth Holloway set the standard on a mother's cry for her missing child.

Natalee Holloway was a shining scholastic leader from Alabama who intended to enter the medical profession with a specialty in pediatrics. Her beautiful life turned on a dime when her path crossed with that of an attractive psychopathic killer while she was on vacation with classmates in Aruba.

Beth Holloway has never found her daughter, Natalee.

That being said, let's look at the witness' statement as I know it to because something hinky is known about Reny's situation while he was in PCB that we have not been told.

Perhaps Reny was given or willingly took drugs and became high on psychedelics for his Spring Break Trip.

While the novice is tripping on LSD, Reny decides it is a fine time to die.

Reny is at the height of an LSD experience when, conveniently enough, there is a trash can so he tosses his cell phone into the trash along with his wallet as the trip he is on requires no such things.

If Reny is freeing himself of conventional items, like his phone, his wallet and money, why didn't he toss his shorts/bathing suit into the trash, too?

He could swim naked into the sea water that has become dark at 7. His soul was soaring on the LSD high and saw nor felt any danger. However, wanting to die, he dove into the salty water while tripping and wearing shorts and shoes. He swam until he drowned only his body hasn't surfaced so that never happened.

Was he wearing shoes the last time seen?

How far did Reny have to walk to find a trash can after he decided to kill himself and throw his stuff away?

Or was the trash can conveniently nearby when Reny decided to kill himself and throw away his ID, cash, wallet and cell phone with all of his contacts?

That's BS. I agree the story that Reny "took LSD and spoke of suicide" is a highly convenient way to explain finding his body with drugs in it.

Has the Jose family hired a PI to interview the other renters/occupants at the house that week? Was there a life insurance policy on RJ?

A PI could quickly ascertain whether the disappearance was due to a "race" issue. Of course, a young man's disappearance due to racial profiling is something one would hope LE would have been able to establish if it were true.

Dedee--Beth Holloway is indeed amazing. You guys HAVE to read her book, Loving Natalee,(IIRC)--crazy what all happened down there during her search for daughter.

She gives good safety information/advice re: traveling abroad (cool things like Activate your international roaming, etc irrc), in addition to telling an amazing story. She kept a notebook... jmo

"The Bay County Sheriff’s Office has ruled out foul play, but Jose’s parents are suspicious. They said most of their son’s friends left town within 24 hours of his disappearance, without aiding the searchers.

"They booked the place for Saturday to Saturday, and they took off on Tuesday, and they paid for the whole seven days," Jose George said. "Why didn't they stay? If they are innocent, why did they leave?"

~ from WNYT story found at link posted above

This explains why the missing Reny Jose case is not active.

"The Bay County Sheriff’s Office has ruled out foul play"

LE feels Reny disappeared on his own volition. The parents should demand proof of that speculation.

Many college students on Spring Break make bad choices but thankfully their decisions don't lead to disappearance/death.

http://www.newsherald.com/news/crime-public-safety/missing-man-s-family-seeks-attorney-general-s-help-1.326127?tc=cr

The family of a missing spring breaker is reaching out to the U.S. Attorney General’s office to get involved in the investigation.

Parents of Reny Jose, a Rice University student who was reported missing March 3 while in Panama City Beach for Spring Break, have received assistance from the Bay County community in form of search crews and a $15,000 reward for information as to his whereabouts to no avail. Now they are asking for the community’s support in a petition to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder asking for federal involvement in the case.

Where did ya go, Reny? Ya been gone too long.

Rice University shipped Reny's personal belongings to his parent's home. They received packed boxes bleakly wrapped in black plastic and shrink wrap sitting on a crate. The belongings in their garage signifies the life Reny took to college with him.

Wonder if there are any clues inside the boxes?

Wonder why the parents didn't pack his stuff?

10479737_1501714773376640_4890667468931616852_n.jpg

Rice University shipped Reny's personal belongings to his parent's home. They received packed boxes bleakly wrapped in black plastic and shrink wrap sitting on a crate. The belongings in their garage signifies the life Reny took to college with him.

Wonder if there are any clues inside the boxes?

Wonder why the parents didn't pack his stuff?

10479737_1501714773376640_4890667468931616852_n.jpg

Oh that's so sad. :tears: A missing son's life away at college delivered to his parents in a shrink wrapped package. It seems so final.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back