FL FL - Reny Jose, 21, Panama City Beach, 3 March 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Recently added to the Charley Project:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/jose_reny.html

All images and information from his page.

jose_reny.jpgjose_reny2.jpgjose_reny3.jpg
jose_reny4.jpgjose_reny5.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: March 3, 2014 from Panama City, Florida
• Classification: Endangered Missing
• Date of Birth: May 21, 1992
• Height and Weight: 5'10, 220 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, brown eyes. Jose is of Indian descent.

Details of Disappearance
Jose was last seen in Panama City, Florida on March 3, 2014. He was a mechanical engineering major at Rice University in Houston, Texas, and had traveled to Florida with about twenty other students for a Spring Break trip. He and some friends rented a house on Front Beach Road. He disappeared at 7:00 p.m. on March 3, four days into the trip, and has never been heard from again. His friends reported his disappearance to the police the next morning. Authorities found his clothing, wallet and cellular phone in a trash bin behind the rental house.

Investigators speculated Jose had taken the drug LSD on the night of his disappearance and drowned while swimming in the ocean. Jose's friends had told them he made strange remarks before his disappearance about wanting to hurt himself, but his family said he was looking forward to graduation and getting a job, and wasn't suicidal. They also stated drug use was uncharacteristic of him. The water in the area was also still cold at that time of year and very few people were swimming.

Jose is a native of New York and graduated from Shaker High School there. He disappeared during his last semester at Rice University and would have graduated with a straight-A average. His case remains unsolved.

The link didn't work for me, Mom. What was it of?

Really? I tried it several times and it works for me. It is a heartwrenching youtube video of the Hands of Hope for Reny. So very sad. I'll look for another link.

The link worked fine for me. After you click the link you get a "something went wrong" but just hit "follow the link" and it will bring you to the video.

The link worked fine for me. After you click the link you get a "something went wrong" but just hit "follow the link" and it will bring you to the video.

Ahhh, that made all of the difference. Thanks.

I have worried about this young man since he was first reported missing in FL and all of his comrades immediately went home to TX. It's interesting that the video was made and posted by LostNMissing, Inc. Does that indicate his parents [nor family members] have done anything to help find their son, Reny? I am not attacking parents. No, siree. I can't imagine being in their shoes.

Reny is such a nice looking gentleman. I seem to recall he was above average in intelligence, as well.

In his TL, around dusk, his friend sees Reny acting oddly. Reny then removes his clothes and throws them into the barrel and races toward the waves in the ocean as the sun continued to set and was never seen again.

Were any of the companions on the same trip given drug tests or polygraphs? Any of them interviewed in MSM?

What happened to Reny?

# Find Reny

His parents and family are very much involved and active. They are searching and spreading the word. They have returned to PCB several times.

Reny's case is so odd to me. You would think that if he did take off running, naked, into the ocean, that his body would have been found relatively soon after he disappeared. Did he get caught in a rip tide? Did he swim out for miles and get caught in a stream? Did he even go in the water? So terribly strange.

My heart goes out to him and his family. I hope one day they can know what happened that night.

It amazes me how many people cannot swim. I wonder if Reny could swim?

Bumping the list of missing from PCB / Bay County area

Re the latest body found, I know the relatives of every one of these missing people on the list below are both hoping and dreading that the latest discovery could be their loved one. I do so hope one family on the list finds some closure and peace.

The following are open cases of missing people registered with the Bay County Sheriff’s Office and Panama City Beach Police:

Douglas Williams, 52 – missing since 7/5/2014
Reny Jose, 21 – missing since 3/3/2014
Valerie Lopez, 16 – missing since 1/14/2014
Bradley Pierson, 30 – missing since 10/30/2013
Emily Paul, 14 – missing since 4/13/2013
Vanessa Brown – missing since 2010
Cambren Hoyt – missing since 2009
Pamela Biggers – missing since 1/28/2008
Shanaman Anderson - missing since 5/8/2005
Elizabeth Prescott – missing since 2004
Atlanta Clark - missing in the late 70's to mid 80's.
Pamela Ray – missing since 1992
Michael Lane – missing since 2010

http://www.wmbb.com/story/26156305/more-than-a-dozen-unsolved-missing-persons-cases-in-bay-county

maybe clothing and personal affects were just what he had on him like the clothes on his back and his wallet and maybe sunglasses? either way, it sounds chilling.

The news reports say his clothes and possessions were found in a garbage can near the apartment they were renting. What? That seems odd. The news reports say nothing else about that. Why would his stuff been thrown away and who threw his stuff away? Surely someone didn't abduct this kid, break into the apartment, get all his stuff and throw it away. Nor did he walk into some dark alley, get mugged, stabbed and killed, then someone goes to his apartment and throw away his stuff. So, either he threw away his stuff, then walked out, or his roomates had a fight with him, he walked out, his roomates threw away his stuff. When he didn't return, they got concerned. So, I can only think he left the apartment to head back to Rice. Maybe he's still on his way and doesn't know he's been reported missing, or maybe something happened to him on the way. I suspect the former, he will turn up in a day or two.

His friends saying he wanted to hurt himself, was this after he had supposedly taken lsd? If he wasn't used to taking drugs or he had never experienced lsd before, he could have had a really bad trip. This could have made him want to strip off of his clothes & dump his belongings & make him want to hurt himself or have suicidal thoughts due to the scary hallucinations etc. People do mad & crazy things when on drugs as their mind works differently & they see things differently. It would be a scary experience for someone who had never tried the drug before (assuming he hadn't). Also, a very smart student or not, it must be very stressful & very hard work being an engineering student.. Maybe he wanted to just go on Spring Break, have fun, de stress & take his mind off all the studying & hard work etc. Weird how his body has never been found after all this time though. Very confusing case indeed. I hope his friends arent covering something up. Maybe they know something but are scared to tell because they were also doing drugs that night. Also, I don't find it weird that they returned home.. They still have to get on with their life & their parents may have demanded them to return. Also, money issues etc. How long were the friends that returned home meant to stay in that area for? Hope the family get the answers they thoroughly deserve one day! X

Bumping this article.

Here is a more recent article, which might be of some help.
http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=22784794&ref=https://m.facebook.com

At an university in my state, word is that the Engineering Department Building is the only building where the lights never go out. My nephew attended that University to study engineering. He is currently fulfilling his dreams of building lighter, faster race cars for a famous race team. Every college student experiences stressors of some kind and still manage to succeed.

No way do I believe that Reny wanted to try LSD a thousand miles from home, at night, on the beach, at the ocean in PCB. If LSD was ingested, it may have been given surreptitiously as a Spring Break party prank.

That particular Spring Break week had rather cool weather for a beach party. The night sky was foggy when he went missing.

Monday, March 3 Fog Fog
Actual: 69° | 45°
0.01 in
Average: 66° | 49°

http://www.wunderground.com/history....zip=32401&reqdb.magic=2&reqdb.wmo=99999&MR=1

Search continues for 21-year-old who went missing on spring break two years ago

http://news10.com/2016/03/03/search-continues-for-21-year-old-who-went-missing-on-spring-break-two-years-ago/

Thursday marks two years since a Shaker graduate went missing while on spring break, but his family is holding out hope that he could still come home.

“We won’t give up until we find you,” his mother Sherly Jose said. “I’m still…same year, same day. It’s really hard for me to move on.”

“It’s miserable,” his father Jose George said.

Jose’s parents are desperate for answers.

“Nobody’s not reaching out to give some answers,” Sherly said. “We know these things. So that’s the part that’s hurting us.”

“We miss our son,” Jose George said.

JusticeWillBeServed, thank you SO much for posting the link. The video is an absolute must-watch, but have your Kleenex ready :cry:

Watching the tearful, heartfelt plea of Reny's family, especially his Mother, literally brought me to :tears:

IMO, they chose their words carefully. I agree with the context of their statements: Someone knows something! Furthermore, the silence is deafening.

The Jose family is paying the price for this silence, in pain and suffering. As we see time and again in missing persons cases, it's the "not knowing" that can be so torturous. Their lives are in limbo. Reny deserves to be found, just as much as his family deserves answers. :(

To those who may have knowledge of what happened two years ago today, I implore you to do the right thing! Perhaps you're back, again for Spring Break in the same location (I can't imagine that myself but stranger things have happened), or elsewhere, enjoying yourselves. Remember Reny never made it home to his family. He never got to "walk the line" and receive his diploma. Many believe he will never have the chance to enjoy Spring Break again. Your silence maintains the status quo. What if it were your loved one that never came home? It only takes one person to give LE the lead that can break a case wide open.

I will continue to pray for this to happen. I'm thankful the media is covering the case once more. Reny was preparing to start a new and wonderful chapter in his life. I do NOT believe he would walk away from everyone he loved, nor end his life. :no: He had everything to live for.

It is time for the light of justice to shine upon this case, and reveal the truth, no matter how dark the evil may be.

:twocents:

#FindRenyJose

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will always remember the photo of the large wooden crate delivered to the garage of Reny's parents' home packed with his personal belongings from Rice University.

I agree that of twenty two students who went on that fateful Spring Break trip to Panama City Beach, someone knows something.

A grieving Mother's words:

"We are waiting for you."

:fish:

In the link that you posted, Eileen730, I saw several students with selfie-sticks. I wonder if Reny's group had selfie-sticks.

Both videos are from Spring Break in PCB, 2014, the year Reny went missing. . . .

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...D9C99D6BF47ADC9D0FCCD9C99&FORM=VDFSRV&fsscr=0

One guy is reported as missing, as mentioned in this video, along with other crime stats in both videos. At one point you can see how far out in the ocean a lone swimmer is.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...DC9D0FCCD9C99D6BF47ADC9D0FCCD9C99&FORM=VRDGAR

Around the 5 minute mark, it's the second time that the threat of predators are mentioned who are there specifically to seek out the most vulnerable students. This could explain Reny's wallet being tossed into the trash bin if a robber wanted money from his wallet.

:grouphug:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelsNumbers