DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
WKRG | Cold Case: Family still looking for college senior after six years
18556077_10209441508539020_3132403197240014330_n.jpg

Reny Jose and his sister Reashma Jose
Aug 27 2020 rbbm
WKRG | Cold Case: Family still looking for college senior after six years
''PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. (WMBB) — After six years of looking for their son, Reny Jose’s parents say, “they will never stop searching.”

In March of 2014, Reny Jose, 21, had the world at his feet. He was a mechanical engineering senior at the prestigious Rice University with a 4.0 GPA.

Jose’s sister, Reashma Jose, said her brother was very excited about his future.

“He had all of his suits ironed and they were hanging up on his bed rails and they were ready to go,” said Reashma Jose. “He had all his resumes, business cards, and everything all on his desk.”

But before Jose could ascend into his next chapter of life, he needed one last hurrah as a student. So on March 1, he and 22 other students drove from Houston, Texas to Panama City Beach, Florida for spring break 2014.

Two days into their stay, Jose disappeared.''

IMG_3861.jpg

“We couldn’t force them to talk,” Sherly Jose said. “Half of them wouldn’t even take the phone calls.

''Some of the kids even went as far as to hire a lawyer of their own and one of the two girls that stayed behind in Florida, refused to speak with Jose’s family when they showed up that day.''
Sherly Jose has a plea for all 22 of the kids who were on vacation with Reny.

“The kids don’t want to talk to us, you think the parents want to? And they are the ones who hired the lawyers,” Sherly Jose said. “I want all the kids to know, if this happened to their mother, what do they think? They never think that. At least just tell me the truth.”

I just read this thread for the first time. These are my opinions only:

I think that with his grades, he could not have been a regular user of drugs, and it's possible he was slipped LSD.
If so, I hope the people who provided it burn with guilt and never feel peace until they do tell law enforcement the full truth. His family must be in deep pain, and they deserve answers.

Sadly I don't think he staged his own disappearance. It sounds like some of his housemates fled the scene too quickly and some acted too suspiciously for an innocent explanation.

DEC 5, 2022

Reny Jose

reny_jose.jpg

Reny Jose was a 22-year-old engineering student at Rice University with a 4.0 GPA when he was reported missing while on spring break in Panama City, Florida. According to the friends with whom he was on the trip, Reny was last seen leaving their rented beach house around 7:00 p.m. on March 3, 2014. His friends reported him missing the next morning. The exact circumstances of Reny’s disappearance remain a mystery, but police did locate his clothes and cell phone in a trash can behind the house. Reny would be 30 years old today. Anyone with information about Reny’s case is encouraged to call the Bay County Sheriff’s Office at (850) 747-4700.

Oh my goodness! Hopefully this is a resolution for his poor parents. I wonder how far this location is from the rental house...And if the remains show signs of foul play...
Edit: The distance between the condo they rented (21000 block of Front Beach Road), and the West End Fire Department is only a 0.7 min walk (15 min) or a 3 minute drive!!!!

IIRC, Reny was an excellent student. If he was a partier, he'd chosen a school with a party atmosphere, oui?

Rice University does not have fraternities or sororities as it's considered an academic rigorous uni without sports teams.

Rice is a dry campus meaning there is a ban on alcohol.

"Rice is noted for its applied science programs in the fields of nanotechnology, artificial heart research, structural chemical analysis, signal processing and space science"

Our victim, Reny Jose, 21yo, was a genius. moo

Something happened to Jose while in PCB Florida for there's no reason to believe he would walk away from life or walk into the ocean into waters over his head. I don't think Reny could swim. His wallet was found in a trash barrel on the seashore.

The roomies in that rental home know what happened. Every single one of them knows whether they were present when it happened or not. Those people left town right away. Perhaps they need to be interviewed again or did most of them have lawyers? moo

#JusticeForReny

IIRC, Reny was an excellent student. If he was a partier, he'd chosen a school with a party atmosphere, oui?

Rice University does not have fraternities or sororities as it's considered an academic rigorous uni without sports teams.

Rice is a dry campus meaning there is a ban on alcohol.

"Rice is noted for its applied science programs in the fields of nanotechnology, artificial heart research, structural chemical analysis, signal processing and space science"

Our victim, Reny Jose, 21yo, was a genius. moo

Something happened to Jose while in PCB Florida for there's no reason to believe he would walk away from life or walk into the ocean into waters over his head. I don't think Reny could swim. His wallet was found in a trash barrel on the seashore.

The roomies in that rental home know what happened. Every single one of them knows whether they were present when it happened or not. Those people left town right away. Perhaps they need to be interviewed again or did most of them have lawyers? moo

#JusticeForReny
Exactly imo

It's not over yet. Reny's been missing since March 3, 2014. He was 21yo.

I was reminiscing about a color photo published online by MSM when Rice U had Reny's personal items from his college dorm room shipped to his parents' home where the giant wooden crate was placed in their large garage.
How painful it must have been for the family to open the large wooden crate filled of Reny's things, his favorite momentos, his clothes and jackets. Reny's stuff.

The murder mystery behind the founding of Rice Univ.
Police began investigating the matter, and the conspiracy fell apart within days. Jones turned state’s evidence and confessed that he and Patrick had conspired to kill Rice with chloroform to make it look like he had died in his sleep. Patrick had put together a forged will to make himself the heir to Rice’s fortune. The case of the butler, the crooked lawyer, and the widower’s fortune rocked New York City. Patrick was found guilty and sentenced to death in 1901, but his sentence was later commuted. He was released from prison in 1912 before dying in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in 1940. Jones, the butler who really had done it, escaped imprisonment but could never escape his conscience. As the reputation of his employer’s namesake university grew, it gnawed on Jones. He committed suicide in Baytown in 1954.

Official Story:
Reny Jose is a senior at Rice University who was reported missing on March 4th at 11:30 by classmates. He was in Panama City Beach on Spring Break at the time of his disappearance. He was last seen heading east on Front Beach Road at 6:30pm on Monday, March 3rd. His clothing and personal items were found in a garbage can behind the home.

Missing: Reny Jose | Panama City Beach, FL | Uncovered -- can submit tips at link

NAMUS Number: MP24021

March 4, 2024 article

[…]

Daffin said even within the past year, they have looked into potential leads or persons of interest in the case, but nothing has led to any definitive answers. He said they have even made contact with multiple other agencies to look into and test found human remains, but no matches have been made.

[…]

If you have any information related to this case, no matter how small of a detail, contact the Bay County Sheriff’s Office at (850) 747-4700. If you’d like to stay anonymous, you can call Crime Stoppers at (850) 785-8477.

[…]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back