FL FL - Reny Jose, 21, Panama City Beach, 3 March 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
March 12, 2014 09:23

[....]

In the third incident Reny Jose, 21, and 20 of his friends from Rice arrived in Panama City Beach in Florida on March 1 and were staying at a beach rental to celebrate spring break. The Bay County Sheriff’s Office was contacted on March 4 by friends who reported that Jose was not seen from 7 pm the day before.

His clothes and phone were discovered in a trash bin near the house. His wallet, with identification and credit cards, was found inside the rental home.

The BCSO Air Unit used helicopter soon to search the area. A diving team was engaged later.

According to a police report, a friend told them that Jose had taken LSD, an illegal drug known to cause users to hallucinate and behave unpredictably, and spoken of committing suicide on March 3, and he had also taken LSD the day before that.

The parents, who live in Latham, near Albany in New York, are staying there coordinating the search. Most of his friends had left Florida before the parents arrived there.

“Reny is a wonderful, loving person who is doted on by his entire family. Despite the recent allegations regarding a drug incident, Reny's 4.0 GPA in his engineering program suggests otherwise. We desperately just want him home and urgently plead with all of Panama City for their help,” the family said in a statement.

He is the only son of Jose George and Shirley. He has a sister, Reshma.

<>

Meanwhile, Bay County Sheriff's investigators told news Channel 7 that there were no signs of foul play, but they had not ruled out anything. They said they still believe Jose went swimming in the gulf, after taking LSD, and that he drowned.

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/us-missing-22-year-old-indian-origin-girl-found-dead/20140312.htm

Anyone who might have information, call 850-747-5079 or CrimeStoppers at 850-785-TIPS (8477).

The official story is that Reny took LSD and went swimming in the Gulf which, imho, is off-character for him, even for a Spring Break in PCB. He was a 21yo, 4.0 grade point student; not someone without goals and dreams and not one who wishes to toss it all away by swallowing LSD while a thousand miles from home. I will go to my gave believing that if Reny ingested the drug then, it happened when some one put it in his drink. I'll not believe Reny took a trip on LSD and drowned himself, without coercion or deception. JMHO

RIP Reny Jose

still missing: http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...ssing-america-65-people-still-missing-n691281

Reny Jose was a 22-year-old engineering student at Rice University, with a 4.0 GPA, when he was reported missing on March 13, 2014 while on spring break in Panama City, Florida. Several days after Jose was reported missing, police located his clothes and cell phone in a trash can behind the house where he'd been staying with friends. Authorities confirm the case is still considered open and ongoing.

reny_jose_update_final_6e825850c04142cfb058ff5b49620744-nbcnews-ux-2880-1000_033214088ccd0a4c6e52144bde01faa1.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

Spring Break rolled around and I thought of Reny. What happened to Reny Jose? He was young, handsome, intelligent and on his way to a successful career in his chosen field. Reny went to PCB with twenty (looks like this 20) friends and vanished.

Texas student vanishes during spring break in Florida
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...nishes-spring-break-florida-article-1.1712065

Missing: Reny Jose

Case: Missing

Missing From: Panama City Beach, Florida

Missing Date: March 03, 2014

Race: Indian Sex: Male

Age at Time Missing: 21 years old

Height: 5’10”

Weight: 190-200 lbs

Hair Color: Black

Eye Color: Dark Brown

Tattoos: N/A

Scars/Piercings/Unique Marks: N/A

Other: Sometimes wears glasses.

Police Agency: Bay County Sheriff’s Office at (850) 747-4700

Case Number: NamUs MP #: 24021

Circumstance: Reny Jose, 21, an Albany, NY native, is a student with a 4.0 grade average at Rice University, Senior Engineer Student, who vanished on March 3 while on spring break with a group of friends in Panama City Beach, Fla. It was reported that he was on Spring break in a rented beach house with about 20 of his friends from school. He was last seen at around 6:30 – 7:00 p.m. on Monday March 3rd, 2014. His belongings, including his cell phone and clothing were found near the house after he was reported missing. The Bay County Sheriff’s Office has ruled out foul play, but Jose’s parents are suspicious.

They said most of their son’s friends left town within 24 hours of his disappearance, without aiding the searchers. According to the family, the group booked the place for Saturday to Saturday, and they all took off on Tuesday, even though they paid for the whole seven days. They question if one or two of those who were at the house may have more information then what has been reported to police. They ask if anyone has information, no matter how insignificant, to please contact authorities or the Tip Line. (850) 747-4700

http://lostnmissing.org/missing/reny-jose/

Somebody has cards they are not showing. If anyone with any information, please, your call will be anonymous. You'll relieve yourself of the self hate you must feel carrying a burden such as this. Shine a light for Reny.
most of their son’s friends left town within 24 hours of his disappearance, without aiding the searchers
the group booked the place for Saturday to Saturday, and they all took off on Tuesday, even though they paid for the whole seven days

I watched a YouTube video on this case where they mentioned the possibility that Reny chose to runaway and staged his disappearance. It was very interesting to me and I believe it could be possible.
https://youtu.be/vthI5DKzLAc

Most of the evidence of this theory comes from one of Renys close friends. She did an interview on a podcast, linked in the YouTube video, where she explains that Reny did in fact use a lot of drugs. However she did state that he stayed away from LSD. That being said it was spring break and if he did many other drugs it wouldn’t be too surprising that he tried LSD. So if anyone thinks he would never do drugs, that has been proven.

The thing his friend said that started this whole theory was that they talked a lot about everything being worth it. All of the school and studying and getting a good career, was it worth it? Reny replied by saying how nice it would be to just run away and leave everything behind. Maybe he was overwhelmed with college. Maybe he wanted something different in life.

The next evidence is that the crime does seem staged to make it seem like Reny just walked into the ocean. His clothes were in the garbage, a sock was found near the ocean, and he told a friend that he was going to run away and hurt himself. This could be his friends trying to make it seem like that, or it could have even been Reny himself. Spring break near an ocean would be the perfect place to runaway if that’s what you are planning on doing.

The last piece of evidence that could suggest Reny just ran away is that his mother got a phone call from a blocked number saying “I miss you and want to come home”. Could this have been Reny? Could he be too scared to come home now? It is all very unusual.

All together this is a very interesting and sad case. I hope it will be solved and the family can get answers. Hopefully one of the friends who was there will eventually come out and say something that solves the case. The friends may be guilty or maybe they won’t talk because they are afraid of getting in trouble for drugs they were doing on spring break. That would make sense considering they were all pretty smart and about to go into their careers.

Four years today and no closer to finding him...

Reny speaking to others about "is it all worth it?" must also be a subject he broached with his parents. Yes? Or perhaps he understood that would not be acceptable. So, he pulls an outlandish stunt to disappear himself on the 2nd day of Spring Break?

I have a nephew who earned his degree in mechanical engineering. It was well known around campus that the building in which the engineering department is housed, never turn the lights off. It is the only building on campus where the lights never go out.

I just cannot believe that Reny, being so close to finishing his hard earned college degree from Rice University, within a few short months, would suddenly decide to fly to Tibet and become a Monk. Sure, he could drift over to Tibet -- after receiving his diploma. Even at his age, he had to realize the importance of self-security and self-efficiency. He had a 4.0 at Rice University in the Engineering Dept.

Something happened to Reny. A shark attack? Oh, please. I dive in those waters wearing full length waterproof scuba skins. The jellyfish is much more a treacherous possibility for an unclothed body. And, early Spring is their spawning season.

Block a phone number to call your mother when you desperately want to be home makes no sense to me. Think it's likely a torturer masquerading as a prankster more than her son. Wouldn't she recognize the sound of her own son's voice? I could never forget my child's voice.

Almost a dozen and a half students fled before Reny's parents arrived. I am aghast at the behavior and always felt appalled by it. At least one responsible male should have remained as a spokesman. Put his lawyer beside him. Bring on the FBI. Bring Justice for Reny.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jellyfish

Reny Jose was a 22-year-old engineering student at Rice University with a 4.0 GPA, when he was reported missing while on spring break in Panama City, Florida. According to the friends with whom he was on the trip, Reny was last seen leaving their rented beach house around 7:00 p.m. on March 3, 2014. His friends reported him missing the next morning. The exact circumstances of his disappearance remain a mystery, but police did locate his clothes and cellphone in a trash can behind the house. Authorities confirm the case is still considered open and ongoing.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

Reny Jose still missing after five years, family continues to search for answers

Rice University student Reny Jose went missing in March of 2014 after renting a house in Panama City Beach with other students. Now with their son missing for five years, Reny's parents are still searching for answers.

Reny's father Jose George said, "If something happened, maybe an accident happened, we just want the closure, that's what we're looking for."

Even though years have passed since Reny's disappearance, local law enforcement is still looking into any leads they can find.

[...]

As much as I hope that it's him, I would say that it's doubtful. It seems like homeless people die in the forest all the time in Florida. But I will hold out hope. His family does need closure. The holidays must leave them longing for answers.

I live in PCB and police have found human remains in the state forest about 10 miles north of town. Hoping it’s him and his family can have some kind of closure.

Welcome to Websleuths Shayna0316!

Here's a thread for the unidentified remains that were found in Pine Log State Forest Park:
FL - FL - Bay Co/Washington Co, Partial Skeletal Remains, Pine Log State Forest Park, 27 Nov 2019

The location is about 20 miles north of Panama City Beach: خرائط ‪Google

Human skeletal remains found in Millville

Whilst reading the news article regarding the human remains mentioned above ( those found in Nov 19 & identified as Tobias Orloff) I noticed this report.....human remains found in a sewer in Millville, Panama City, March 2020...only 12 miles from Panama City Beach.

It appears the remains have been in the sewer for some time.

Nobody will ever convince me that a 4.0 Engineering Student did heavy drugs consistently. That is an impossible feat. I have a home not far from the rented house. It was a cold, rainy, windy week that week. It was early spring break w bad weather and it wasn't all the crazy busy here on the West end of PCB. My theory is that something happened with some of the guys at the house, an argument or an altercation with Reny over something, drugs, money, sex or Reny knew something that they didn't want him to know or tell. There is a chance it was even a hate crime. A chance some FL or AL bubbas showed up at the house. I suspect at least 2 of the other boys know exactly what happened. The way Bay county police handled this is a disgrace. It's all so sad, I met Reny's family and went to one of the vigils. His family are all wonderful people. My heart breaks for them. Some of the other kids in that group know what happened even if they weren't the ones who are directly responsible for the crime. How can they live with themselves. They will get their due someday. Better they come clean now to save their souls.

Last edited:
With more than one knowing what happened, it would've been very easy for them to load his body and head north into the desolate FL panhandle and dispose of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back