Found Deceased FL - Robert Heikka, 70, Port Orange, 25 Oct 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don’t think that was ever released. If they know, then of course they can check retention ponds, exit ramps, mediums, etc for tire tracks. I wish we knew so we could help look online.
Yeah. Could be a Tillie Tooter situation with the car still missing. If you're not familiar with what happened to her, Google it.

Search continues for Volusia County teacher missing for nearly 7 months

Investigators say they have left no stone unturned over the last seven months, yet Robert Heikka has seemingly vanished.

Police said they've found no evidence to suggest Heikka planned to disappear.

Although a lot of time has passed, police say this case has not gone cold for them. They say Heikka's whereabouts are still a top priority.

Still missing.

VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. — It's been nearly a year and a half since a Port Orange man and beloved school teacher disappeared along with his car.

Since then, police have worked countless hours trying to locate 71-year-old Robert Heikka. Although technically police aren't calling this a cold case, there is very little new information.

“It's frustrating to keep working on it and not come up with a resolution finally,” Detective Sergeant Steven Nagy said.

More at Port Orange school teacher who vanished after ATM withdrawal still missing

Still missing.

VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. — It's been nearly a year and a half since a Port Orange man and beloved school teacher disappeared along with his car.

Since then, police have worked countless hours trying to locate 71-year-old Robert Heikka. Although technically police aren't calling this a cold case, there is very little new information.

“It's frustrating to keep working on it and not come up with a resolution finally,” Detective Sergeant Steven Nagy said.

More at Port Orange school teacher who vanished after ATM withdrawal still missing
Sounds like this was a carjacking after/during the mac machine withdrawal. Am I reading this correctly?

This just reeks of an unfortunate accident into a body of water. He's simply not been found yet. It's very sad too because it sounds like he was doing everything right. Still working, maintaining his home, financials appear sound, still driving, living his best life.

You're probably right. I was thinking about the cell phone ping and not sure if he was with the phone at the time but Accident sounds more reasonable. IMO
I think if it was a carjacking, the car would have turned up by now.

I grew up in the area he disappeared from. My parents actually moved from Port Orange (a few neighborhoods away!) just about a year ago to the mountains in Blue Ridge, GA. One thing about Central FL, there are many bodies of water: Atlantic Ocean, Intracoastal waterways, lakes and canals. He could be in any one of them, in the driver's seat of his car. As an example, I live about 2 miles from this incident: Google Earth reveals remains of man missing for 22 years in Florida lake

TL;DR: Guy was in his car for 22 years, in a lake, behind numerous houses. The lake had been low many times and not one resident noticed the car in the lake. Some guy looking at Google Earth noticed it, contacted his friend, and the friend flew a drone over the car and confirmed it.

Sorry this won't help anything, but I'm also familiar with the area and just wanted to show the "back way" residents of Water's Edge use a lot to get to/from I 4 - Water's Edge Blvd. to Airport Rd to Pioneer Trail to Rt 44 to I4:

upload_2022-4-14_20-5-18.png

I do feel that Robert will be found, and I am also of the mindset that since his car hasn't been found he probably experienced an accident in it. Still praying for him.

Sorry this won't help anything, but I'm also familiar with the area and just wanted to show the "back way" residents of Water's Edge use a lot to get to/from I 4 - Water's Edge Blvd. to Airport Rd to Pioneer Trail to Rt 44 to I4:

View attachment 339965

I do feel that Robert will be found, and I am also of the mindset that since his car hasn't been found he probably experienced an accident in it. Still praying for him.
Yeah I know this area well. My folks lived in Cypress Head (the next neighborhood over from Waters Edge) before they moved away. Pioneer Trail to 44 to I-4 is a nice shortcut.

Yeah I know this area well. My folks lived in Cypress Head (the next neighborhood over from Waters Edge) before they moved away. Pioneer Trail to 44 to I-4 is a nice shortcut.

We used to live at the Fly In until we moved beachside :D Last time we used that route was to go to the fairgrounds to get "drive thru" Covid vaccinated lol.

This one is so hard to sleuth! I'm sure LE is totally frustrated. I pray that it gets solved soon and am still keeping faith for a miracle that he will be found safe...

We used to live at the Fly In until we moved beachside :D Last time we used that route was to go to the fairgrounds to get "drive thru" Covid vaccinated lol.

This one is so hard to sleuth! I'm sure LE is totally frustrated. I pray that it gets solved soon and am still keeping faith for a miracle that he will be found safe...
The fact his car is missing seems to indicate he's with the car. Many of us fear the car is in water somewhere. A canal or lake. Plenty of water in that area.

A few months ago I saw a few solved missing person cases where a team of sleuth/rescue divers have found people in their cars who have been missing many years. Has anyone else seen this? I don't know how they get involved with the searches.

The fact his car is missing seems to indicate he's with the car. Many of us fear the car is in water somewhere. A canal or lake. Plenty of water in that area.

ITA plus all the scrub/woods. I know busy I 4 and I 95 both have accidents every day down here with people running their vehicle off the road into the wood line. Usually there's a passerby who calls it in when it happens, but I also know sometimes someone happens to catch a glimpse of a reflection (taillight, etc.) and asks FHP to check it out.

I know you know what I'm talking about, but for others here it can be really dense stuff:

upload_2022-4-16_14-57-44.png

A few months ago I saw a few solved missing person cases where a team of sleuth/rescue divers have found people in their cars who have been missing many years. Has anyone else seen this? I don't know how they get involved with the searches.

The one and only great "Adventures with Purpose". Most of their "found" cases have had running threads here on WS back to when they went missing.

Sorry though, I don't know how they pick their cases - hopefully someone else here can answer that for you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801
Back