FL - Ryan Rogers, 14, fatally stabbed, Palm Beach Gardens, 16 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
not surprising with his paranoia of the police.

Photographs show injuries to Semmie Williams Jr. after jail scuffle

https://www.wptv.com/news/local-new...ries-to-semmie-williams-jr-after-jail-scuffle

“McCabe said the incident began after he asked Williams if he understood why he was being arrested. “

Is this something that deputy McCabe should’ve been asking SW while he was getting SWs fingerprints? IMO McCabe may have been out of line and possibly in violation of SWs rights especially if his attorney was not present. ? .

Photographs show injuries to Semmie Williams Jr. after jail scuffle

https://www.wptv.com/news/local-new...ries-to-semmie-williams-jr-after-jail-scuffle

“McCabe said the incident began after he asked Williams if he understood why he was being arrested. “

Is this something that deputy McCabe should’ve been asking SW while he was getting SWs fingerprints? IMO McCabe may have been out of line and possibly in violation of SWs rights especially if his attorney was not present. ? .
The first time I read about this I was under the impression it happened on the street when they initially took him into custody but I assume they were unable to get him to acknowledge his Miranda rights at that time and were continuing to work at making him understand them as they were doing intake.

The statement will probably be inadmissable and the fact that it went out on the media might be used by the defense in future appeals to claim the jury pool was poisoned but I doubt this will go to trial. Either way, restraining a suspect in custody is certainly not a violation of their rights. Looks like he got a teeny weeny boo boo. Cry me a river.

'Lights for Ryan' gaining momentum

12/16/21

CBS12 News was the first to report on the effort to add lights on Central Blvd., near where it crosses over I-95.

The county commissioner who represents the Gardens area, Maria Marino, wrote a letter to the Palm Beach Planning Transportation Agency (TPA) on Wednesday, asking to start the process to add them.

It is be a joint effort, involving the TPA, the City of Palm Beach Gardens and the county to get them installed.

Andrew Lofholm
@AndrewLofholm

Palm Beach Gardens just sent out a statement about adding lights. They will have to pay for the project, with the county's approval. The are "gathering data and evaluating the feasibility of this project."
@CBS12

cbs12.com
'Lights for Ryan' gaining momentum
There is some progress to add street lighting in the area where 14 year old Ryan Rogers was murdered after dark in Palm Beach Gardens. CBS12 News was the first to report on the effort to add lights...

11:37 AM · Dec 17, 2021

Here is our original reporting on the initial push to add lights with the woman behind the 'Give us lights for Ryan' signs, ICYMI.
9mdPwoFW_mini.jpg

Andrew Lofholm
@AndrewLofholm
· Dec 3
VIDEO: Will lights go up on Central Blvd., where Ryan Rogers was stabbed to death? This woman is pushing for them. Shot and edited by @james_bailey15. @CBS12 https://cbs12.com/news/local/after-nighttime-stabbing-of-ryan-rogers-community-asks-for-lights…

1:47
11:39 AM · Dec 17, 2021

Grand jury indicts homeless drifter in killing of Ryan Rogers

12/16/21

PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. (CBS12) — A grand jury indicted Semmie Williams for the murder of 14-year-old Ryan Rogers, the teen who left his home in Palm Beach Gardens on a bike ride and never returned.

Police arrested Williams, 39, two weeks ago. DNA evidence led to his arrest, which came several weeks after police discovered the boy's body along Central Boulevard near the I-95 overpass.

[..]

Williams has a lengthy criminal past that includes 12 criminal charges in three states from 2004 to 2016.

Grand jury indicts man suspected in murder of Palm Beach Gardens teen

12/16/21

"My office is committed to seeking justice for the family of Ryan Rogers in a case that has greatly disturbed and saddened our community and beyond," Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg said Thursday in a statement. "Because this is a pending criminal case, I cannot make any further extra-judicial statements as we move forward with the prosecution of this defendant."

more like mental illness motive
This man is a violent drifter that had the wherewithal to travel multiple states and assault others much weaker than himself including seniors and children! He also wrote a letter to the court and by the content of his letter managed to have his charges downgraded to a lesser offense. He's crazy like a fox. Not saying he does not have episodes of delusions but he's certainly not suffering from criminal insanity. JMO

I Team: Semmie Williams criminal history

This man is a violent drifter that had the wherewithal to travel multiple states and assault others much weaker than himself including seniors and children! He also wrote a letter to the court and by the content of his letter managed to have his charges downgraded to a lesser offense. He's crazy like a fox. Not saying he does not have episodes of delusions but he's certainly not suffering from criminal insanity. JMO

I Team: Semmie Williams criminal history
I’m not defending him at all. He can and will be held accountable. You don’t “get off” on insanity” anyways.

My concern is certain groups gloming onto the "racial" motive and using it to push an agenda.

I don't know, was this killing racially motivated? There has been a lot of decisive rhetoric. Creating a climate of unrest.

Just bringing up the question brings up defensiveness. Which did not occur in the case of Ahmaud Arbury. Or George Floyd. We don't know anything about this killer. But we do know he did not kill a black child.

This case concerns me. My children went to Dwyer high school, this could have easily have been one of my sons.

https://www.wptv.com/news/local-new...eeks-gag-order-for-ryan-rogers-accused-killer

1/5/22

Contact 5 asked criminal defense attorney Greg Morse, who's not related to the case, why the public defender would make this request.

"It seems like from the motion that in the initial stages from the arrest or manhunt before the indictment, there were some statements made by law enforcement that were disparaging and somewhat inappropriate," Morse said.

The attorney said Williams' statement to the deputy can be perceived as a confession and was inappropriate to be disclosed by law enforcement.

"So, the defense is trying to stop that from happening again," Morse said.
The court docket shows a hearing is set for 11 a.m. Wednesday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BexLuth0r
Back