FL - Ryan Rogers, 14, fatally stabbed, Palm Beach Gardens, 16 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the link, they’re asking for contributions to the reward fund. So far, the $8000 reward has been made up of $3,000 from Crime Stoppers and $5,000 from the Palm Beach Gardens Police and Fire Rescue Foundation.

[Link previously posted. Reposted for emphasis on where the reward is coming from:]
Police enlist help of federal, other law enforcement in Ryan Rogers death investigation

I’m actually wondering why none of the Go Fund Me is being applied to the reward money. They exceeded the original goal for the funeral services… so the fact that it has not been considered by the beneficiary of the fund raises a major red flag for me.

Part 1 - Updates from on the ground - 11/29/2021

Ryan disappeared two weeks ago today. Tonight I visited the Old Palm Golf Club maintenance facility just south of where Ryan was found. There's just something about that place that makes me feel like it was an accessory to the crime, IMHO. It's secluded and creepy IMHO but so close to the crime scene with many places to hide and escape IMHO, and with a trail in the woods (visible from Google Earth) that leads almost directly to the spot where Ryan was found. IMHO someone could place a bike and a body where Ryan was found without anyone from Central Blvd. ever noticing.

At around 5:30 pm the gates on the service road to the facility were still open. I drove into the main parking lot of the facility where I could see one worker hanging out at an accessory building in the southeast corner. I think most workers had left for the day, IMHO, but I wasn't there to take attendance so I didn't look too closely. There were a couple of golfers on the hole right next to the facility, as there was still sunlight. I returned to the facility at 6:15 p.m. but the gates were closed and it was pitch black dark.

IMHO the service road is an easy place to park a vehicle at night without any passing traffic seeing you from Central Blvd., even when the gates are closed because the gates are set back a little ways down the service road.

Ryan disappeared two weeks ago today. Tonight I visited the Old Palm Golf Club maintenance facility just south of where Ryan was found. There's just something about that place that makes me feel like it was an accessory to the crime, IMHO. It's secluded and creepy IMHO but so close to the crime scene with many places to hide and escape IMHO, and with a trail in the woods (visible from Google Earth) that leads almost directly to the spot where Ryan was found. IMHO someone could place a bike and a body where Ryan was found without anyone from Central Blvd. ever noticing.

At around 5:30 pm the gates on the service road to the facility were still open. I drove into the main parking lot of the facility where I could see one worker hanging out at an accessory building in the southeast corner. I think most workers had left for the day, IMHO, but I wasn't there to take attendance so I didn't look too closely. There were a couple of golfers on the hole right next to the facility, as there was still sunlight. I returned to the facility at 6:15 p.m. but the gates were closed and it was pitch black dark.

IMHO the service road is an easy place to park a vehicle at night without any passing traffic seeing you from Central Blvd., even when the gates are closed because the gates are set back a little ways down the service road.
I immediately wondered if this place was involved in some way. It looks like an area where ppl would venture off into the trail and where ppl would hang out and drink or smoke etc. I wonder if they’ve had problems with trespassers in the past?

Re: latest police update #3

question: is this the first time the police have specifically asked for people who were in the area of Central blvd. between “PGA blvd and Donald Ross rd.”? This seems to increase the area of interest.
Yes, this area of interest has been expanded, and the same comment about expanding the area was noted in the WPTV5 news YT posted above.

Yes, this area of interest has been expanded, and the same comment about expanding the area was noted in the WPTV5 news YT posted above.
Oops hadn’t watched it yet. These police reports (updates/press releases) could definitely be written better. It’s as if they want people to be confused or mislead. Just one or two more explanatory or definitive statements would go a long way!

Part 2 - Updates from on the ground - 11/29/2021

LE needs to let the public know IMHO whether the traffic cameras captured images of Ryan on his bike. If no images of Ryan were captured on the cameras at Central/Hood or Military/Hood, to me that means Ryan and his bike traveled by another means to where his body was found IMHO.

In a way that makes capturing the criminal(s) somewhat easier IMHO because those cameras would have a record of every vehicle that went through those intersections, assuming Ryan was moved by vehicle, if not by bike IMHO. Also there are cameras at intersections south and southeast of the crime scene at Central/PGA and Shady Lakes/PGA. To me those cameras are key. I hope LE realized this. And I hope they are looking at camera footage from communities like Shady Lakes and Bent Tree and others in that area where some cameras face the main roads.

Tonight, around the same time two weeks ago that Ryan reportedly went for a bike ride, I drove all around Alton. There were many people out for walks and kids playing basketball in a driveway in the inhabited areas. I think it would've been perfectly normal for a teen like Ryan IMHO to bike ride around his neighborhood at that time.

What I found odd was that there were construction workers there at that time of evening (6:30 pm) working on a home that's still just an empty shell. Two police vehicles were stationed off the main artery through Alton, so it's obvious IMHO that police have increased patrols, as they said they would. And there are many dark, empty and yet to be developed streets accessible by car and bicycle IMHO, which makes me wonder if Ryan possibly went missing inside Alton.

Last edited:
Ryan Rogers homicide: Palm Beach Gardens police working with feds

[..]

On Monday afternoon, Palm Beach Gardens police said in a news release that they are working with "our federal and local law enforcement partners" to follow up on leads.

They appealed again for witnesses who were in the area of Central between PGA Boulevard and Donald Ross Road during the evening of Monday, Nov. 15, between 6:30 and 9:00 p.m.

[..]

Last week police announced an $8,000 reward for any tips that could help identify any suspects and said they were increasing patrols in the area.

Rogers lived in the Alton community on Donald Ross just east of Interstate 95. Police say he rode his bicycle away from his home at about 6:30 that night.

I've followed cases here & there over the years. I can't remember one though where they intentionally withheld COD, etc. I know the reasoning and protocol as discussed many times in this thread, I just personally can't attach this happening with a case I've followed. All that to say, for the Websleuth veterans, the cases that the police keep information to themselves, are they typically one type of perp, or have you seen this occur in all sorts of cases?

What are the statistics related to likelihood a case goes cold if not solved in X days/weeks/months?
Classically cases that aren't solved in the first 48 hours are much less likely to ever be solved but that classic rule applies to traditional Detective work i.e. conducting interviews, identifying suspects and figuring out who's got the motive and the means

Modern crime solving is much more reliant on information technology and forensic science, which can all take longer to accumulate and analyze so these days most major crimes do get solved sooner or later so, in my experience, the new rule of thumb is more like "if it isn't solved in 48 hours it'll be at least 48 days". In fact, even in cases that have essentially been solved quickly by old fashioned police work it seems that (unless there's a confession) law enforcement still typically waits for the science to come back and support their conclusions before they make arrests or often even announce persons of interest.

I've followed cases here & there over the years. I can't remember one though where they intentionally withheld COD, etc. I know the reasoning and protocol as discussed many times in this thread, I just personally can't attach this happening with a case I've followed. All that to say, for the Websleuth veterans, the cases that the police keep information to themselves, are they typically one type of perp, or have you seen this occur in all sorts of cases?
Abby Willams and Libby German

Only problem with that theory is the Palm Beach Gardens police use that access road as a speed trap. It is their most popular one. They are there many times per day. It also is the spot where 2-3 police cars will frequently gather to chat like police do. That is probably one of the worst places for a criminal to go, the odds of a police car rolling in there with no notice at any time of day to either sit and eat, chat, or have a speed trap is astronomical. We have seen them there at all hours through the years.

It is their most popular one. They are there many times per day. It also is the spot where 2-3 police cars will frequently gather to chat like police do.
I'm going to have to disagree with you again, respectfully. Reading some of these things, I feel like you and I live in a different town. And I've been in this area for nearly 30 years.

News from the earliest search for Ryan:

Nov 16, 2021 • A 14-year-old boy has been found dead in Palm Beach Gardens. The president of his youth soccer league remembers Ryan Rogers as a great young person and athlete.

"and tonight PBG Police tells us they are investigating a cause of death, that does remain unclear".

Mom posted either that night or the following that it was an accident and that he "flipped his bike".

This video seems to suggest the police did not rule it an accident. So where did mom get that suggestion to make that post?

Police spent several days investigating the area where Ryan's body recovered

Nov 19, 2021 • Funeral services have been set for Ryan Rogers, the 14-year-old soccer lover found dead in Palm Beach Gardens.

Police spent several days investigating the area where Ryan's body recovered

Nov 19, 2021 • Funeral services have been set for Ryan Rogers, the 14-year-old soccer lover found dead in Palm Beach Gardens.

These videos seem to suggest they were suspicious from day one and that the autopsy results weren't this 'aha' moment when they suddenly *surprise* realized it was a homicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie
Back