FL - Ryan Rogers, 14, fatally stabbed, Palm Beach Gardens, 16 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

And that's really the bottom line. Not one person, even on wild NextDoor, can say that they saw Ryan after school that day. No one is saying they saw him at all, bike or not, and certainly not after dark on a bike. There are cameras at some intersections he'd have to cross. If the police had him on his bike on any video? They'd tell us the route and ask us to look at our own cameras to track down where he went missing. IMHO, they're quietly trying to figure out if he was ever out on his bike.

"and tonight PBG Police tells us they are investigating a cause of death, that does remain unclear".

Mom posted either that night or the following that it was an accident and that he "flipped his bike".

This video seems to suggest the police did not rule it an accident. So where did mom get that suggestion to make that post?

You are asking such great questions! Some have said that mom only made that post about flipping the bike because at first police thought that is what happened. But that is not confirmed at all by police. Police never said a word initially, only that he was found along with his bike. So did police think it at first? At this moment we do not have official confirmation of that by police.

Here is the actual evidence as we know it. He left his house at 6:40 according to his mother. He was found at 9 am by a walker on Central Blvd sidewalk. Nothing else at all has been confirmed by police including the very basic question of when mom even notified them he was missing. Everything else is pure speculation.

Edited to delete duplicate question to above. Not sure why Websleuths keeps stuff embedded even when I hit delete. :D

And that's really the bottom line. Not one person, even on wild NextDoor, can say that they saw Ryan after school that day. No one is saying they saw him at all, bike or not, and certainly not after dark on a bike. There are cameras at some intersections he'd have to cross. If the police had him on his bike on any video? They'd tell us the route and ask us to look at our own cameras to track down where he went missing. IMHO, they're quietly trying to figure out if he was ever out on his bike.

Yes, and though the police keep referring to the general area down Central, what about within Alton? Alton is an upper class/upper middle class neighborhood like Abacoa. People are always outside walking/running/jogging. Surely, someone would have noticed and said something if they saw him that night. Is Alton lit up like Abacoa? I would imagine so - even if he left at 6:40 surely someone would have come across him.

^^ bbm
Parents should watch their kids any more or less today? I disagree! The kids in this community have had their world turned upside down. For many, this may be their first experience with death, let alone a homicide. The soccer mom gets it. She's sticking around to be present for the children as well as for her own peace of mind.

Okay, no problem with our disagreeing on this. Our kids and their friends, many who play for Predators soccer are not really focused on it. Not trying to be insensitive, kids move on and do not dwell. Again, just my experience that this would be more for the parents than the kids. We have been around groups of kids at school, at the park, the neighborhood, at tennis practice, at soccer practice...after the first 2-3 days not one kid has even mentioned it.

By the way, I saw that soccer mom on the news worried, but that is not our experience. All the parents we have talked to the past 2 weeks do not think there is a stranger who killed this boy. They are basing their conclusions on how they would behave in regards to their kids that age going out on a school night after dark, how long until they would think they are missing, how they would respond and behave, and how the police are acting.....and lets just say they are not worried their kids are in danger from a stranger. We are not worried about our kids and do not think there is a stranger lurking in maintenance sheds or empty houses targeting kids.

No, police have not confirmed it. In fact even more telling, police have never even said when they were first called. I can not ever remember a case where police would not say when the first call to them came in. We have no idea if mom officially called police at 9 pm or 10 pm Monday night ...or 7 am Tuesday morning. Awfully strange that such a basic piece of information is not known. It sure makes a big difference whether police were called a few hours after he left or 12 hours after he left.

If my high school freshman went out by himself after dark, and I didn't drive him, and he didn't return on time? The whole neighborhood would be awake, everyone would be out looking and he'd have been found because it's not hard to see a bike there from the street. It wouldn't have been the next morning. I'd have been losing it as soon as he didn't answer his phone and the whole community would have been awake and all the dads would have been out searching while the moms made phone calls.

Have the police confirmed he left on a bike ride, or more casually referred to the case in any statement with the language "left on a bike ride"? I don't think so, but figured I would ask...

Police said he was found near his bike. And that just seemed oddly worded. And that there was not a vehicle involved because everyone assumed hit and run. They shut that down a day or two after he was found and before the ME. So it seems like they suspected cause of death at the scene or shortly after.

Can anyone give an opinion on why the police are asking for dash cam video or any tips specifically from 6:30pm to 9pm the night he went missing? Why wouldn't they want footage until 9am the following morning when he was found? There must be something that they can see on camera around 9pm for that to be the case, no??

Can anyone give an opinion on why the police are asking for dash cam video or any tips specifically from 6:30pm to 9pm the night he went missing? Why wouldn't they want footage until 9am the following morning when he was found? There must be something that they can see on camera around 9pm for that to be the case, no??
My assumption has been that the police were notified at 9pm and that this Was when the mom considered him missing. Obviously, that’s just a guess, and hasn’t been confirmed by any police etc. it’s just what I inferred from the timeline

My assumption has been that the police were notified at 9pm and that this Was when the mom considered him missing. Obviously, that’s just a guess, and hasn’t been confirmed by any police etc. it’s just what I inferred from the timeline

Yes, maybe. Since we're really not sure when he was reported missing, it also may have been when he was expected home and so police are working the case given the parameters given to them. Or they've established the time of death was between 6:30 and 9. The police are not giving us any details at all. IMO, they are looking for anyone who saw him on a bike that night. With such a high profile case, in a relatively small community, we have not had even rumors that "I was the last person to see him as he turned onto X" or "He passed my house and waved"or anything.

IMHO- A thought on the expanded search zone is that we have mostly been assuming the path would have been Alton-Hood-Central. I believe their house is close to Grandiflora, so he could have taken That road to central (if there really was a bike ride).

The sidewalk in that area is set way back from the road with trees between cars and the sidewalk. It would have been very difficult for anyone from a car to see him, especially because it’s pretty dark by 5:45 or so.

and also IMHO- many are saying they have never seen anyone on bikes in these areas after dark. I have to respectfully disagree. It may not be common, but I have definitely seen bikes in the area at dusk/dark- even since Ryans death.

My first thought was that LE has a person or persons in their sights and he/she/they were unaccounted for between the hours of 6:30pm and 9pm. MOO

I wonder if certain tire tracks were found in the expanded search area? It feels like to me they have this figured out and are working on tightening the noose. MOO.

I’m not ready to publicly guess who did this horrible thing to Ryan. I’ve seen way too many surprises here on WS, especially when we haven’t been given very basic information. I will remain open minded for now. This is a terrible time for a mother, a father, a brother, friends and community. I continue to tread lightly, especially since LE seems to have this under control. MOO.

Two questions-
Does anyone know when he was actually last seen? I don’t mean when he allegedly left on his bike. I mean that day?
Do we know a TOD???
TIA

Nothing official about that stuff has been released. I think we're assuming he was in school that day because there are no reports that he was not. No time of death. We've been told very little.

Two questions-
Does anyone know when he was actually last seen? I don’t mean when he allegedly left on his bike. I mean that day?
Do we know a TOD???
TIA

Nothing official about that stuff has been released. I think we're assuming he was in school that day because there are no reports that he was not. No time of death. We've been told very little.

I've followed cases here & there over the years. I can't remember one though where they intentionally withheld COD, etc. I know the reasoning and protocol as discussed many times in this thread, I just personally can't attach this happening with a case I've followed. All that to say, for the Websleuth veterans, the cases that the police keep information to themselves, are they typically one type of perp, or have you seen this occur in all sorts of cases?
it's odd - I'm not sure if they don't have a lot of experience with homicides or if they are purposefully withholding information for a specific reason - this case is really puzzling IMO -

Ryan Rogers homicide investigation continues
snipped
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. —

Palm Beach Gardens police said Monday that they are making progress in the homicide that left a 14-year-old boy dead in Palm Beach Gardens as red ribbons now hang in the neighborhood where he once lived.

Officials said they have been working with federal and local law enforcement partners to follow up on leads in the Ryan Rogers case.

Advertisement
Police said they continue to receive helpful tips.

Previous coverage: Palm Beach Gardens police return to scene where 14-year-old found dead

They are also looking for witnesses who were in the area of Central Boulevard between PGA Boulevard and Donald Ross Road during the evening of Monday, Nov. 15 between 6:30 p.m. and 9 p.m.
---
Wonder why the feds are now involved??

Just to add even more questions:
At least once a day someone is reporting sitings of coyotes, bobcats, and other types of carnivorous wildlife. What are the odds a body could be in this location (in or at the edge of a wooded area -which is becoming increasingly rare around here) for 12-15hrs and not have attracted something???
Perhaps the evidence of, or the lack of, is how they’re determining how long he spent in the location he was found.?.
Although, I’m still not clear on where exactly he was found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back