FL FL - Sabrina Aisenberg, 5 months, Valrico, 24 Nov 1997

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SAisenberg.jpg
SAisenberg1.jpg

Sabrina Paige Aisenberg

Thank you for the link, forthelost. That is an amazing age-progressed photo.

There were quite a few new articles in the St Pete paper in July 08. Go to sptimes.com and put Sabrina Aisenberg and you will get links to all the articles. Here is one

http://www.tampabay.com/news/article747289.ece
A snippet from the article
The latest: A man with a felony cocaine conviction and the biker name Tombstone allegedly told a wire-wearing buddy in jail he was asked to dispose of the baby's body, which was in a boat he took from the Aisenberg home. Records do not appear to link a boat to the parents, however, and neighbors don't remember one there.

I woke up this AM thinking about Sabrina. I wonder if something is about to break in her case? I WISH there could have been more Internet posting at the time of her disappearance, but many people weren't online at that time.

From her page:
Sabrina has several marks in the shape of the letter "Y" below her right shoulder.

What is this referencing? Birthmarks? Scars?
It should say because " marks" could mean that another kid drew the letter Y on her arm, anything!!

In reference to the movie "Deep End of the Ocean". It was not a true story. As a matter of fact, they author "dreamed" the book and when she woke, she wrote it all down.

Felon who informed in Aisenberg case is sentenced to prison

http://www.tampabay.com/news/mobilehillsboroughnews/article969890.ece

In Print: Friday, January 23, 2009
TAMPA — A felon who figured prominently last year in leads about the disappearance of baby Sabrina Aisenberg was sentenced Thursday to 37 months in federal prison on an unrelated weapons charge.

Figure In Baby Sabrina Case Heading To Federal Prison

The Aisenberg investigation was in the news last summer amid reports Overbeck had claimed he purchased a 12-foot boat from Sabrina's mother, Marlene, and speculated the boat once carried the body of the 5-month-old child, who disappeared from her Valrico home and has not been found.
A sheriff's office informant, Dennis Byron, reportedly said Overbeck admitted chopping up the baby's body after Marlene Aisenberg killed the child in the boat.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/jan/22/man-who-figured-baby-sabrina-case-sentenced-weapon/

hey, just joined websleuthers recently and did a search for sabrina case. i knew this family personally and it has been a horrible experience that continues today. hopefully, the public opinion of the family is more sympathetic these days in light of all the stranger abductions of children from homes this past decade. the climate was much more negative in the days of susan smith and i think the aisenbergs were very unfairly treated.

one of my children went to school with a nephew of the aisenbergs and we went to several birthday parties at the kids' place that the aisenbergs owned. i forget the name of it, but it was one of those places like gymboree with the big shaped cushions for climbing and the big parachute and colorful climbing "stimulating" equipment for babies up to preschoolers. remember those places that seemed to be a dime a dozen in the early 90s? so, anyway, they owned one that did good business from what i understand. my family also attended family events with the extended family during the 3 years we lived in tampa. we were in their home a few times and i have some pertinent observations to make.

i do believe the statements that the parents made about how a stranger could enter and leave undetected. this family was very nice, but what i would characterize as too trusting and a bit lax on safety issues. they just seemed a little too "happy go lucky". i am a safety stickler and have never left my kids unattended...they are not even allowed to walk to school 2 blocks away until they are 13! so i have always noticed other parents' attitudes toward their own kids in group situations in case there is a future invite for a "play date". if i think supervision is not up to my standards, then i only allow those kids to come to my house. this is just my personal standard and not a judgement of how others conduct their lives!

so...that being said...i noticed that the parents never locked doors at their house, never wore seatbelts in cars, allowed the children to play outside while remaining in the house (kids under age 5), and the house was very cluttered and sticky dirty. i opened a kitchen drawer with difficulty because it was stuck and the cutlery was all sticky. those observations led me to not allow my kids there without me. the mom also made a comment to me that when she breastfed her babies, she did not hesitate to take them out of their carseat to do so in a moving vehicle. i was horrified, but they thought it wasn't a big deal. the aunt and uncle's house and attitude about safety were similar. also, when the kids got really riled up and were running around and i thought about to get out of hand, the comment would often be made that "boys will be boys". they had a lighter hand in discipline with their kids than i did. this in no way means i saw abuse of any kids! they were very loving and attentive when they interacted with their children. it was obvious that there was much love in the family. the grandparents were always at family functions and very interactive with all the grandchildren, too.

we moved away from tampa in 1996 and we lost touch. found out about the kidnapping on the news like everyone else. it is just a sad sad thing.

would like to see some forensic astrology on this case, too.

This is one of the first cases that really intrigued me years back when I started to become very interested in true crime. Thanks for your post krazykidz. You provide some interesting insight and I hope you have more that you are willing to share with us.

Gotta say I'm on the fence about this one. Something always nagged at the back of my mind that these parents were responsible. Doesn't mean I'm not willing to look at other possibilities though. As other posters have stated....you just never know. And with Jaycee Dugard being recovered....who knows?

ETA: Krazykidz-if you have birthdates on the players you can go to the forensic astrogoly forum and request they take a look at it. Post it in the Case Briefing thread. If you haven't already done that. :)

i will see if i can get birthdates. a sister recently moved to the area where i now live.

i really don't think the parents had anything to do with it. they just seemed to me to be kind of in la la land, ya know? kind of airheads, if you will. like my husband is clueless about the evils of the world (or used to be) and i have had to school him over the last 23 years about parking closer to establishments at night and being aware of surroundings and not trusting everybody who smiles, yadayada... they were like that.

I hear you. I really do. I'm the stickler about safety, like you are. But am familiar with plenty of people who live with their heads in the clouds. So I get where you are coming from.

Do you remember if Sabrina was a "good" baby? An easygoing baby? Or was she colicky?

i never met sabrina cause she was born after we moved in 96, but their other kids were pretty easy, happy go lucky skip to my loo kinda kids

krazy - It's always great to be able to talk to someone who knew the family personally. I hope you'll stick around and share more.

Like Sleuthy I've always been on the fence on this case....but I've leaned towards the parents being innocent.

Do you have any personal theories of what happened to Sabrina? Do you think it was a woman who was desperate for a child? Do you think Sabrina is alive today?

You know where I'm going with the colicky thing, right? People have said that because they had two other children and no harm had come to them that the parents couldn't have done anything to Sabrina.

I'm wondering if perhaps she was a difficult baby they may not have had the patience to deal with her, especially if there was some sort of drug problem with the dad, as has been rumored. I'm thinking accident.....they panic...and together they cover it up.

I'm not married to the above theory. Just throwing it out and seeing what sticks.

Okay so let's go over this piece by piece, slowly. These are things that seriously bother me....

1. At the time of her disappearance, this child had two siblings. One was nine and the other was four. The mother claims she lives in a quiet and safe neighborhood, so she left some windows open. No one with a child under the age of nine and able to walk about by herself, (meaning the five year old), leaves the window open. I can sort of see leaving the door to the garage open, that is a mistake, an oops. But how many of us leave the windows open too? Five year old children get up in the middle of the night sometimes. They walk about. I would never leave the windows open with small children even if I was in a safe neighborhood because my child might get up and fall out of one. Even on the first floor a child falls out the window and is suddenly outside of the house and in possible danger of someone taking her.

2. "
"The focus of the story shifted from Sabrina Aisenberg, 5-month-old missing baby, to Marlene and Steve Aisenberg," says McGinty.

Even Brownie, the family dog, came under scrutiny. Why had he not barked at the intruder? "Brownie barked at everybody," says Middleton. "She just always barked. She was a noisy dog. I don't ever remember her being quiet." "
A loud noisy barking dog who barks at everyone doesn't bark at an intruder. Okay that is just too strange for words. Dogs sense things. I have a dog. He never barks, except for this one time when someone tried to break into my husband's father's truck that is out in our yard. He was all the way inside the house, and yet he alerted me to the danger in our yard. I went outside and two guys ran from the truck. So if the family dog, who yaps at everyone, is quiet all through the night when someone was taking the baby, it's because he probably lives with the person responsible for the baby being missing. In other words, dad does something or mom does something or brother does something... But someone does something. This kind of case makes me think perhaps it was some sort of accident. Maybe the baby cried and the older brother or the sister comes into the room and attempts to pick her up and drops her, or something of that nature. The parents don't want the child to be blamed for what happened so they cover it up and make it look like something else happened, not involving the child at all in the outcome....

Okay so let's go over this piece by piece, slowly. These are things that seriously bother me....

1. At the time of her disappearance, this child had two siblings. One was nine and the other was four. The mother claims she lives in a quiet and safe neighborhood, so she left some windows open. No one with a child under the age of nine and able to walk about by herself, (meaning the five year old), leaves the window open. I can sort of see leaving the door to the garage open, that is a mistake, an oops. But how many of us leave the windows open too? Five year old children get up in the middle of the night sometimes. They walk about. I would never leave the windows open with small children even if I was in a safe neighborhood because my child might get up and fall out of one. Even on the first floor a child falls out the window and is suddenly outside of the house and in possible danger of someone taking her.

2. "
"The focus of the story shifted from Sabrina Aisenberg, 5-month-old missing baby, to Marlene and Steve Aisenberg," says McGinty.

Even Brownie, the family dog, came under scrutiny. Why had he not barked at the intruder? "Brownie barked at everybody," says Middleton. "She just always barked. She was a noisy dog. I don't ever remember her being quiet." "
A loud noisy barking dog who barks at everyone doesn't bark at an intruder. Okay that is just too strange for words. Dogs sense things. I have a dog. He never barks, except for this one time when someone tried to break into my husband's father's truck that is out in our yard. He was all the way inside the house, and yet he alerted me to the danger in our yard. I went outside and two guys ran from the truck. So if the family dog, who yaps at everyone, is quiet all through the night when someone was taking the baby, it's because he probably lives with the person responsible for the baby being missing. In other words, dad does something or mom does something or brother does something... But someone does something. This kind of case makes me think perhaps it was some sort of accident. Maybe the baby cried and the older brother or the sister comes into the room and attempts to pick her up and drops her, or something of that nature. The parents don't want the child to be blamed for what happened so they cover it up and make it look like something else happened, not involving the child at all in the outcome....

the mother said she'd left windows unlocked, not open. at least that's how i understood it. not smart, but not criminal either. in the case of the family pet... dogs are sometimes unpredictable. we have a friend who was robbed at gunpoint, in his driveway, over the christmas holidays. his dog, a known "barker" was with him and never made a sound during the robbery. the robber stole our friend's teenage daughter's car. why that car? an older, used car, when there was a new nissan in the driveway also? upon making the 911 call, our friend was so shaken that the only description he could give of his daughter's car was that it was a gold, 4-door. why didn't he give the make and model?

in my humble opinion, we all do things that don't make sense under stress... parents forget to lock windows, dogs don't bark, robbers take the crappy car instead of the good one, and even victims of crime forget basic information.

the aisenbergs are guilty of being naive but i personally don't think they're guilty of murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME
Back