FL - Sarah Boone, 42, charged with murdering boyfriend Jorge Torres, 42, by leaving him locked in suitcase, Winter Park, Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The most recent update I've found on the Boone trial.
Perhaps the June 7th status hearing will result in a trial date?

DateDescriptionPagesDoc
06/07/2024HEARING - Status Hearing - Kraynick, Michael S

Hearing
TimeLocationPagesDoc
6/7/2024Status Hearing - Kraynick, Michael S8:45 AMRoom 12-A On The 12th Floor

Orange County Clerk of Courts Records Search

2020-CF-002603-A-O : STATE OF FLORIDA - VS - BOONE, SARAH

These two had one of the most dysfunctional, toxic, unhealthy relationships ever seen. But Jorge didn’t deserve to die from it.

I feel sad for the family and loved ones of Jorge. I feel bad for any person that has to still contend with Sarah moving forward. She is a walking time bomb. Reminds me a bit of Letitia Stauch, who also stuffed someone in a suitcase. At least Gannon was already gone by then. Not that it makes it any better. :(

Can’t imagine the horror of being trapped in a suitcase and kicked around until slowly death comes from suffocation.

Sarah needs to be put away, far, far away from society, forever. Lock her up for good. Get a suitcase, zip her up, lock it, throw away the key.

jmo

The most recent update I've found on the Boone trial.
Perhaps the June 7th status hearing will result in a trial date?

I hope there is a trial date coming and I hope that judge allows video inside the courtroom!

"Just be nice to me." Accused killer #SarahBoone was in court today to complain yet again about her latest attorney.Boone asked the judge to tell her attorney to "come in with a gentle, softer side and actually listen."#CourtTV What do YOU think?

#SarahBoone is accused of killing her boyfriend by leaving him to suffocate in a suitcase in a deadly game of hide and seek. The judge set a tentative trial date in October.#CourtTV Catch up on the FACTS here:

Posted at 10:38 AM, June 7, 2024

ORLANDO, Fla. (Court TV) — A Florida woman accused of killing her boyfriend by zipping him inside of a suitcase appeared in court with her eighth attorney on Friday, where she told the judge she is still unhappy with her representation.

Font bbm and enlarged

The judge took the letter from Boone to read and set a tentative trial date for October 7.

"Just be nice to me." Accused killer #SarahBoone was in court today to complain yet again about her latest attorney.Boone asked the judge to tell her attorney to "come in with a gentle, softer side and actually listen."#CourtTV What do YOU think?

#SarahBoone is accused of killing her boyfriend by leaving him to suffocate in a suitcase in a deadly game of hide and seek. The judge set a tentative trial date in October.#CourtTV Catch up on the FACTS here:

Posted at 10:38 AM, June 7, 2024

ORLANDO, Fla. (Court TV) — A Florida woman accused of killing her boyfriend by zipping him inside of a suitcase appeared in court with her eighth attorney on Friday, where she told the judge she is still unhappy with her representation.

Font bbm and enlarged

The judge took the letter from Boone to read and set a tentative trial date for October 7.

Thanks for the update!

The court documents website doesn't have today's letter uploaded, but in the past they have uploaded Sarah's letters there to be publicly viewable so hopefully they'll add her newest letter soon.

The court did add this note on the website today: Orange County Clerk of Courts Records Search

06/07/2024 Per the Court:

Comments: STATUS HELD.DEFENDANT ADVISED THE COURT OF HER CONCERNS WITH HER ATTORNEY. ATTORNEY CASHMAN ADDRESSED THE DEFENDANT CONCERNS WITH THE COURT. THE COURT TOOK UNDER ADVISEMENT AND WILL RE-ADDRESS PRIOR TO TRIAL.THE DEFENDANT PROVIDED THE COURT WITH LETTER IN OPEN COURT.

@BrianEntin

Sarah Boone -- accused of leaving her boyfriend to die zipped in a suitcase -- is now not happy with her 8th attorney.She said in court today in Orlando her lawyer has a "nasty attitude." This is going to be an interesting trial.

October trial date set for Sarah Boone, now on her 8th lawyer​

• Sarah Boone is charged with locking her boyfriend in a suitcase
  • She has gone through multiple attorneys
  • Her latest lawyer described a contentious relationship

Thanks for the update!

The court documents website doesn't have today's letter uploaded, but in the past they have uploaded Sarah's letters there to be publicly viewable so hopefully they'll add her newest letter soon.

The court did add this note on the website today: Orange County Clerk of Courts Records Search

06/07/2024 Per the Court:

Comments: STATUS HELD.DEFENDANT ADVISED THE COURT OF HER CONCERNS WITH HER ATTORNEY. ATTORNEY CASHMAN ADDRESSED THE DEFENDANT CONCERNS WITH THE COURT. THE COURT TOOK UNDER ADVISEMENT AND WILL RE-ADDRESS PRIOR TO TRIAL.THE DEFENDANT PROVIDED THE COURT WITH LETTER IN OPEN COURT.
You're welcome. SB is not going to like any attorney - she is a oh woe is me type - imo!
She is a broken record, and one must ignore her after a while. Regretful, the judge & attorneys will have to put up with her games. They will continue because she is bored & knows jail is a better option than prison. moo

These two had one of the most dysfunctional, toxic, unhealthy relationships ever seen. But Jorge didn’t deserve to die from it.

I feel sad for the family and loved ones of Jorge. I feel bad for any person that has to still contend with Sarah moving forward. She is a walking time bomb. Reminds me a bit of Letitia Stauch, who also stuffed someone in a suitcase. At least Gannon was already gone by then. Not that it makes it any better. :(

Can’t imagine the horror of being trapped in a suitcase and kicked around until slowly death comes from suffocation.

Sarah needs to be put away, far, far away from society, forever. Lock her up for good. Get a suitcase, zip her up, lock it, throw away the key.

jmo
Can't unsee that video and hearing Jorge beg for his life, and she did nothing but go upstairs to sleep off her alcohol. moo

Not sure this case will ever get to trial! She's long since reached the definition of insanity: repeating the same behaviour and expecting a different result.

I was wondering if being alcohol-free in prison may change her outlook on life but it appears not. I guess she's consciously / subconsciously trying to evade the inevitable outcome which is most likely that a jury of her peers will find her guilty of murder.

She could have been out in her own lifetime if she'd have taken some kind of plea deal based on being a woman battling alcoholism, violence, mental health issues etc. I'll bet every single lawyer has put that suggestion to her.

JMO MOO

You're welcome. SB is not going to like any attorney - she is a oh woe is me type - imo!
She is a broken record, and one must ignore her after a while. Regretful, the judge & attorneys will have to put up with her games. They will continue because she is bored & knows jail is a better option than prison. moo

BBM

Legally speaking, how long can this go on for?

The previous judge said if she didn't get along with lawyer no 7 he was going to intervene and scrutinise the details. Sadly he's no longer on the case.

Can a person stay on remand without trial for this long? Is it lawful and in compliance with human rights etc? If she can't be worked with (she can't), shouldn't this fact have been established by now and worked around. She can't be the only non-compliant defendant, there must be other cases and precedents and protocols surely?

OMG it would appear from the video that Patricia Cashman asked for consent to step off the case - she says to the judge that SB should either represent herself with court appointed stand-by counsel -or- try one last lawyer / pay for counsel of her choice.

SB: "I told her from day one that her snotty attitude is not appropriate..." Projection is a very real thing.

SB believes even people in South Korea think her constitutional rights are being violated, states she's prejudiced against and can't get a fair trial, plus her lawyer is unkind and even lies. And that she can fund a bond with 'fans' contribution.

OMG it would appear from the video that Patricia Cashman asked for consent to step off the case - she says to the judge that SB should either represent herself with court appointed stand-by counsel -or- try one last lawyer / pay for counsel of her choice.

SB: "I told her from day one that her snotty attitude is not appropriate..." Projection is a very real thing.

SB believes even people in South Korea think her constitutional rights are being violated, states she's prejudiced against and can't get a fair trial, plus her lawyer is unkind and even lies. And that she can fund a bond with 'fans' contribution.
Welp, nobody need question her intelligence.....she's confirmed her stupidity quite publicly. Someone, somewhere along the line, failed to tell her she's not the Center of the Universe, and no, the world does not revolve around her.

I wonder if she has someone outside putting money on her books in jail, so she can buy items on commissary. I think she must have, and it must be plenty, because that definitely makes jail time more bearable, imo.

She seems very comfortable in prison. She's not coming to court looking distressed and unhappy and pleading for help etc, quite the opposite. Her life on the outside probably wasn't so great.

Welp, nobody need question her intelligence.....she's confirmed her stupidity quite publicly. Someone, somewhere along the line, failed to tell her she's not the Center of the Universe, and no, the world does not revolve around her.
Other than the wasting of court time, even though I'm usually not so hardhearted, I don't really care what happens or doesn't happen to her. She is a murderer. I would only object to bond/release.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachelle(Ru-shell)
Back