FL - Sarah Boone, 42, charged with murdering boyfriend Jorge Torres, 42, by leaving him locked in suitcase, Winter Park, Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh, and one more thing about lesser included offense possibilities: Sarah continues to refuse to admit she was drunk. She first told the police she’d hadn’t drank anything, though later she admits to drinking a bit, but she is wildly inconsistent. She’s doggedly determined to shape everyone’s perception of her and the drinking is something she doesn’t want to own. She claims to have passed it upstairs leading to George’s demise, but claims it was simply “an accident,” just like that time last week when I fell asleep after leaving my wife locked in the washing machine. “Just conked out, ya know? Sleepy day.” I think the drinking has been a problem on with the videos as far as her attorneys are concerned, because she just won’t accept the reality of either one.

My theory is that the reason she’s gone through eight attorneys (other than her myriad of personality disorders MOO) is that every one of then had told her that they cannot mount a serious challenge to that video evidence. She is very clearly aware that he is begging to be let out and she repeatedly mocks and curses him. She even claims at one point that it is a “tit-for-tat” because of his cheating.
I think they just explained to her that they need to try to ameliorate the sentencing, but she’s just stuck in this delusion that she can somehow find an attorney who will get that evidence thrown out. But her consent to the interview and to surrendering her phone to the police is all on video and she was entirely cooperative with the process. The bottom line is these attorneys have to have told her that she needs to abandon any hope of bail or acquittal, and she doesn’t like that, so she’s just trying to find someone who will board the crazy train with her at the helm.

I also suspect that they may have said to her at some point, “this is all because you forgot you took the video.” I’m sure that frosted her flakes.

Agreed, I'm not sure she's ever seen the video! She refused to watch it during police interrogation. Her most recent attorney said she kept leaving the meetings when being presented with full discovery. Has she ever actually seen the footage?

Also IIRC she had tried to delete it from her phone but the detectives recovered it immediately so it must have been in the deletions folder or some such? Maybe I'm wrong but if she had tried to delete it, that's condemning again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajonesey
Back