FL - Sarah Boone, 42, charged with murdering boyfriend Jorge Torres, 42, by leaving him locked in suitcase, Winter Park, Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh I missed the testimony of the prison guard during the last hearing. So she refused to go to court on 3 separate occasions? All this just validates the judge’s ruling! These are obvious dilatory tactics. Plain and simple. I don’t know how a defendant gets to argue due process violation etc when she not only refused to cooperate with 8 lawyers but abused 8 lawyers until they had to withdraw. On top of this, she refuses to come to court on 3 separate occasions. If the system allowed defendants to do this ad infinitum the whole system would be at a standstill. At a certain point a judge gets to say ENOUGH! She has forfeited her rights and now she must be dragged to face justice. You can walk with dignity or be dragged!

JMO

I am not at all a Sarah defender, but I got curious about Sarah's claim that she's never missed a court date when the jail officer said she had refused court three times. I don't remember hearing in the media that she was refusing to go to court and it seems like this is something that would have been reported.

I went back and found the video where the he reads her the court dates that she missed. He says they are September 15, 2023, October 16, 2023, and January 28, 2021. Judge rules on Sarah Boone's request to be unshackled at trial

Then I looked up Sarah's case on the Orange County court website to see what happened on those dates. Orange County Clerk of Courts Records Search

September 15, 2023

09/15/2023 HEARING - CANCELED-Cancelled Status Hearing - Wooten, Wayne C

Just a few days before, on September 8, a hearing was held and she was granted a new attorney after her previous attorney withdrew in August. It makes sense the September 15 status hearing was cancelled since the new attorney had just been appointed.

October 16, 2023

10/30/2023 HEARING - Trial - Wooten, Wayne C (Actual: Wooten, Wayne C)
10/02/2023 HEARING - Trial - Wooten, Wayne C

In October, there was nothing scheduled on October 16, 2023. The closest were two other dates in October marked as trial dates (which obviously didn't happen).

January 28, 2021

2/23/2021Pre-Trial Conference - Wooten, Wayne C (Actual: Wooten, Wayne C)
11/9/2020Trial - O'Kane, Julie H

Again, Sarah didn't have anything scheduled for January 28, 2021. She had a trial scheduled that didn't happen in November 2020 and then a pre-trial conference on February 23, 2021.

I also looked at all of the articles about this case on CourtTV's website and there weren't any articles about Sarah having court (or missing court) on these dates. Sarah Boone News Updates | Court TV

For the first one listed in September, it sounds like the hearing was cancelled likely because she had a brand new attorney. The other two in October and January I'm not sure about. Maybe she was refusing to meet with her attorney and this was marked as a court refusal? What do you all think?

I've been following the commentary and analysis of various legal professionals on the you tube and there's a bit of disparity between what people here on WS know about - what SB states / writes - and what is nearer to facts. All of the data is in the public realm as her letters have been logged and published and the court hearings are recorded.

SB was called to her first pro se status update hearing at short notice, woken at 3am she claims. She recriminated and complained about that multiple times to the judge during that hearing and the judge explained the difficulties in communication. It is surely fair to say she is in prison and has literally no other obligations or occupation and as such there's little to tangibly complain about?

Moreover, in the most recent session with the judge it came out that on three prior occasions SB had been called to court and refused to attend - refusing to leave her bunk / dorm despite being warned this could have negative consequences. All three separate incidents were recorded by prison staff and read out in court.

SB vehemently denies these three occasions, written up on three different dates / times by three different prison officials. She claims she has no idea what is being referred to. It is strange that SB has so many of these type of incidents where numerous professionals are openly stating something very tangible and easy to prove and yet SB is stating to the judge (and the public) they have never happened.

I'm starting to wonder if she has some sort of multiple personality issue. JMO MOO

There are a slew of multiple personalities that we are seeing. Maybe she selected an attorney for each one?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back