FL - Sarah Boone, 42, charged with murdering boyfriend Jorge Torres, 42, by leaving him locked in suitcase, Winter Park, Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She is an extreme narcissist, I've had the unfortunate displeasure to meet people like this and it's absolutely draining dealing with them

She's going to deny everything till the bitter end and then say she was done wrong by the courts, I don't see her taking a plea deal I see her stalling every minute she has to represent herself, purposely looking for items asking questions she know she can't ask etc

So... she's keeping the paper hardcopy (two boxes) of discovery next to her bed in the dorm and for the duration of time that she's in court and in transit back and forth to court, it must be sitting there unattended.

It was shrewd of the judge to ensure that SB knows people could potentially view the hardcopy and that it could even just 'disappear'.

She wants to take possession of the USB drives to lock in her drawer on the dorm too.

I would worry that this situation leaves a huge space for SB to 'act out' within and also then claim she's been wrongly done by or had an unfair trial if the paperwork or the USB sticks are tampered with or disappear.

Her audacity never ceases to annoy my sensibility.

How she can sit there, poised thusly, charged with murder, yet still feel self-righteous and contemptuous, it's upside down world.

JMO

Her audacity never ceases to annoy my sensibility.

How she can sit there, poised thusly, charged with murder, yet still feel self-righteous and contemptuous, it's upside down world.

JMO

IMO the issue that irritates the most is that she's being profoundly inauthentic and disingenuous - to herself first and foremost and then to all of us.

She's got no way out of this case, she's backed as far into a corner as anyone could possibly be and she *will* be held accountable for her actions. Everyone knows this except her conscious self. It's going to be a 'journey' emotionally and psychologically for her and maybe she doesn't have enough of an authentic self to make that journey.

She's got a lot of cognitive errors and false beliefs IMO. One that we can currently see playing out is she now believes that if she acts in a perfectionist and superior demeanour going forwards, we will all come to see she couldn't possibly have perpetrated the crime she's accused of (because we will see that she is intelligent, engaged, alert, questioning, polite, well spoken, honest, hardworking, responsible = all the things she wasn't when JT was dying inside a zipped up case).

The truth is she can behave as poorly as she likes in court, the judge and jury are only there to scrutinise and determine guilt on her past actions surrounding the event of JT's death. Nothing she says or does in court makes any difference to that being the sole purpose.

Sarah wrote a letter to the jail staff, mentioned in today's hearing.

Her grievances, which were each addressed by the captain of the jail during today's hearing:

1. SB wants the laptop for a longer period of time each day. (Approved)
2. SB wants to keep the USB flash drives in her own possession without having to hand them over to staff holding the laptop. (Denied)
3. SB wants to use a classroom to use the laptop, not in her bunk. (Denied)
4. SB wants headphones so no one around can hear the audio files she's reviewing. (Captain needs more time to review)
5. SB wants internet activated on the laptop. (Captain needs more time to review)
6. SB wants Word software or similar put on the laptop. (Captain needs more time to review)
7. SB wants access to "normal" phones that are not the monitored phones with 15 minute collect calls like she currently has. (Denied)
8. SB wants hard copies of her discovery documents and wants them in her bunk at all times. (Irrelevant as SB already has been given hard copies.)

The jail's attorney and the judge discussed the items the captain said more time was needed to review, and the judge denied them based on the attorney's concerns for safety.

You can read SB's letter with her requests and reasons ("08/09/2024 Correspondence Received from Judge") on the Orange County court website. Orange County Clerk of Courts Records Search

Last edited:
The judge and the captain’s patience with her has truly humbled me. I am so quick to irritation and impatience - I would’ve lost it with her a loooooong time ago. I’m more like the Orange County attorney. He was DONE! And she latched on to him and started asking him argumentative questions. And he shut that down too! That’s exactly what she wants! She wants someone to bish slap her so she can cry foul and get argumentative…..further creating delays.

Judge calmly tells her she’s entitled to her opinion and moves her along.

JMO

IMO the issue that irritates the most is that she's being profoundly inauthentic and disingenuous - to herself first and foremost and then to all of us.
Snipped by me.

This is exactly it. You can tell this is not the way she normally speaks and it’s an affectation she’s adopting because she wants to mirror the judge and prosecutor. It seems like she wants to distance herself from her position as a defendant and inmate by being exacting and demanding, and at the same time helpless and confused. It’s quite confusing to watch because she keeps switching up. Further making her disingenuous ness more apparent. The judge has clocked her. His irritation seeped out a little bit right at the end when she said she had another “motion.” But it was actually substantive this time…..about a neuropsych expert she wants to hire. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog
Back