FL - Sarah Boone, 42, charged with murdering boyfriend Jorge Torres, 42, by leaving him locked in suitcase, Winter Park, Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have never heard of this.

This attorney is "off his rocker" if he thinks that his paying for all this out of his own pocket is not Pro Bono.

Travel
Hotel
Jail visits
Court hearings
Trial
Paying a team to help him
Collect calls
His working hours on the case
Supplies
Experts
Possible psych evaluation
miscellaneous

Ludicrous.

2 Cents

Speaking of travel and hotel... Attorney Owens is from Milton, Florida. Orange County Courthouse is in Orlando, Florida. Those two cities are 431 miles apart with a drive time of about 6 1/2 hours.

In a discussion with the judge during today's hearing about logistics for Owens to obtain a copy of the digital evidence on a thumb drive, Owens said he had some time today to pick it up but had to catch his flight back later this evening. Who is funding his FLIGHTS to see Sarah?

Just my speculation from his statements outside the courthouse and tonight on Closing Arguments w/Vinnie Politan, I believe he is fronting the money and SB is going to pay him back. Not sure how, exactly, but that seems to be what he is saying.

I believe when SB was representing herself the court set aside $10k for experts so would assume they are counting on that, too (?)

The definition is broader than that. It is battered spouse, battered wife, battered partner, intimate partner violence, domestic violence.
Torres and Boone have a domestic violence history that is documented in police reports and could be presented as evidence to support a battered partner claim. People who may have seen and/or were told about the violence could possibly be subpoenaed.

2 Cents

Thanks! I didn’t realize the range. He’s the one who she let die in a suitcase and that’s a special kind of violence.

Speaking of travel and hotel... Attorney Owens is from Milton, Florida. Orange County Courthouse is in Orlando, Florida. Those two cities are 431 miles apart with a drive time of about 6 1/2 hours.

In a discussion with the judge during today's hearing about logistics for Owens to obtain a copy of the digital evidence on a thumb drive, Owens said he had some time today to pick it up but had to catch his flight back later this evening. Who is funding his FLIGHTS to see Sarah?
Owens is self funding his efforts-- from the hearing transcript:

you
52:30
undertook this assignment you undertook this assignment knowing that you were not being appointed and that by your own
52:36
representation you're doing this free of charge on a pro bono basis and not seeking recompensation for any lodging
52:41
or travel you knew what the um uh deadlines were for the court with regard
52:48
to any of the experts there have been multiple prior experts in this case you already identified Dr Julie Harper AER
^^rsbm

Judge Kraynick refused to continue the trial, noting that the case had already been pending for four years, six months and four days. He admonished that Owens was fully aware of the trial dates and deadlines when he stepped into the case, and said that Boone “only has herself to blame” for her previous attorneys’ withdrawals.

Speaking outside of court after the hearing, Owens said that he had unsuccessfully attempted to negotiate a plea deal for Boone, but will move forward with the case despite being unable to secure a continuance. “I’m going to have to have some help,” Owens acknowledged. “I’m trying to assemble a team right now.” Owens also noted that he was not working pro bono on the case, telling the cameras, “Sarah owes me.”
_________
IMO Owens plan was to offer a plea for time served. It backfired. He’s stuck.

Not Sarah!

Someone named Mr Pro Bono .... LOL

I understand that's what he's saying but I wonder if someone else is helping support it, too. JMO!

I don't think he was eager to discourage SB's fans or crowd funding when he made comments following the hearing that SB "owes him."

Only their retainer agreement can clarify the terms of his services.

I think Owen has had a long, legal career and can afford to do this. SB may break him but it won't be financially. JMO

After listening to the attorney's interview on CourtTV tonight (linked above), I agree with you.

Yes, everyone please watch. It was quite informative. And me saying this as I have yet to watch any of SB's body cam footage or police interviews but will do before trial so they will be fresh in my mind!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back