FL - Sarah Boone, 42, charged with murdering boyfriend Jorge Torres, 42, by leaving him locked in suitcase, Winter Park, Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jailhouse letters from Sara

My word this woman...I don't even know where to start. There has to be some mental illness here. Doesn't excuse what she did and she needs to go away for a long time but oh my. Just reading the letters and trying to work my way through her mind was both fascinating and terrifying at the same time.
That's the most sesquipidelian word salad I've seen in a long time. Also, she appears to be accusing the judge of benefitting financially from the case.

Three years drying out in jail haven't helped her acquire any self awareness. I wonder how many plea deals she's rejected. It could explain the churn of public defenders. If I was somehow in her prison slippers, there's no way I'd risk a trial for murder if I could have pled manslaughter in exchange for rehab, time served, and a nice long probation.

I really hope she's not playing jailhouse lawyer for her fellow inmates.

ETA: for someone who loves attention, she sure isn't happy when she gets it.

Last edited:
JMO but if it's true SB's defence lawyer is going for a 'battered spouse' plea then she would need to acknowledge she had lost her mind from persistent abuse and did this unspeakable act as a result. Also, she very clearly IMO had a chronic alcohol problem, so there is that to add in as a form of explanation.

However, thus far it seems she has failed to acknowledge that she's done anything wrong at all even after three years in prison, during which time I assume she will have been clean and sober and been supported. So it's like her mentality / personality is standing in the way of her getting the best outcome from this frankly sadistic and cruel horrific way of murdering someone which she can hardly deny as she video recorded it.

She's also gone through five previous legal advisors and seems to be unworkable with. I dunno, that all seems quite crazy to me. Maybe she's legit crazy and still needs locking up forever on the grounds that she can't take responsibility for killing someone and literally can't see her part, even three clean and sober years later. In which case she's a clear and present risk to the whole of society.

JMO MOO

Sometimes I would say the accused is acting "crazy like a fox" to gain a more favorable outcome for themselves but I believe this woman really is that impossible to deal with. It must be utterly exhausting to spend even a day with her so I can't even imagine being her attorney or worse yet, living with her in a relationship.

I've just watched the interrogation and am surprised at two things - 1) why did she not appoint legal representation? and 2) why didn't she claim to have been blackout drunk which would have made her less culpable?
My guess is that she's used to other people buying all her baloney, she's shouted and argued her way out of bad circumstances for a long time, and she thinks she is smarter than the interrogators AND most attorneys.

Just a guess.

JMO but if it's true SB's defence lawyer is going for a 'battered spouse' plea then she would need to acknowledge she had lost her mind from persistent abuse and did this unspeakable act as a result. Also, she very clearly IMO had a chronic alcohol problem, so there is that to add in as a form of explanation.

However, thus far it seems she has failed to acknowledge that she's done anything wrong at all even after three years in prison, during which time I assume she will have been clean and sober and been supported. So it's like her mentality / personality is standing in the way of her getting the best outcome from this frankly sadistic and cruel horrific way of murdering someone which she can hardly deny as she video recorded it.

She's also gone through five previous legal advisors and seems to be unworkable with. I dunno, that all seems quite crazy to me. Maybe she's legit crazy and still needs locking up forever on the grounds that she can't take responsibility for killing someone and literally can't see her part, even three clean and sober years later. In which case she's a clear and present risk to the whole of society.

JMO MOO
If she goes the "victim of DV" route, she'd have to have at least one expert witness. She's had trouble getting an expert witness to lay their reputation on the line, is my guess. And, if she gets one, s/he will easily be discredited, because no one with any career heft is going to want to be cross-examined over such an off-the-wall defense.

Think of the circus the "DV experts" generated in the Arias trial...

I still can't believe she was stupid enough to film it.

I originally assumed she filmed it because she was wasted drunk, mindless, and feeling vindictive.

I was totally prepared to believe she then went upstairs despite his pleas, thinking it was vengeful to leave him suffering for a while, and fell asleep all night and woke to the horror of a) not remembering much of what had happened; b) the sheer horror of him being dead;

Now the more time goes by and the more no-one will work with her, I'm starting to wonder if she's so departed from reality that she actually believes the video is proof of her innocence?!

If so, did she film it *on purpose* deluded in thinking it would vindicate her?!

JMO MOO

2/23/20201. SECOND DEGREE MURDER Statute: 782.04(2) First Degree - Punishable By Life4/13/2020 Not Guilty/Deny2/25/2020 OBTS:8888888888 Sequence:001 Control Number:20-17904 Arresting Agency:Orange County Sheriff Office

Hearings:

7/24/2023Trial - Wooten, Wayne C9:00 AMRoom 6-D On The 6th Floor
7/11/2023Pre-Trial Conference - Wooten, Wayne C9:00 AMRoom 6-D On The 6th Floor

Orange County Clerk of Courts Records Search

This case defies logic. From drinking wine and playing hide and seek to dying in a suitcase. When the related video was first released, it was a head shaking moment. Ladies and gentlemen, if you decide to play hide and seek with your lover, don't hide in a suitcase!

I'm still stuck on the hide-and-seek excuse -- so it was just the two of them, and she chose his hiding spot and helped him get into the hiding spot. So he wasn't really hidden. And there was no need for her to seek since she knew where she had "hidden" him.

Have I been playing it wrong all of these years??

I originally assumed she filmed it because she was wasted drunk, mindless, and feeling vindictive.

I was totally prepared to believe she then went upstairs despite his pleas, thinking it was vengeful to leave him suffering for a while, and fell asleep all night and woke to the horror of a) not remembering much of what had happened; b) the sheer horror of him being dead;

Now the more time goes by and the more no-one will work with her, I'm starting to wonder if she's so departed from reality that she actually believes the video is proof of her innocence?!

If so, did she film it *on purpose* deluded in thinking it would vindicate her?!

JMO MOO
I don’t believe the “went upstairs and fell asleep” part. IMO she has that well-rehearsed (she barely even changes the language every time she tells it), but there’s a different reality.

It’s possible she knew he was dead way sooner than she says, and she knew it. There might even have been more photos, but she deleted them. Perhaps LE didn’t have them for the interrogation, but they will have them at trial.

By the time the cops came, her story was all ready. She was all prepared. This had to have taken some time.

Let’s see how they track the phone. Maybe she didn’t even go upstairs? Or else she’ll just say she didn’t take the phone with her when she went upstairs?

Do we have a time frame for the death?

How are we proposing that he ended up in the suitcase? It sure wasn’t hide n seek.

Any bets on what the game actually was, since "hide n seek" was definitely not IT? I'm thinking they might have been playing "dare" with drinking somehow involved. Her dare was for him to get in the suitcase?

Also, during the interrogation, she says "when I was in a holding cell before, I had a panic attack". So, she's been arrested before? Hmmm....

I'm still stuck on the hide-and-seek excuse -- so it was just the two of them, and she chose his hiding spot and helped him get into the hiding spot. So he wasn't really hidden. And there was no need for her to seek since she knew where she had "hidden" him.

Have I been playing it wrong all of these years??
No, he played it wrong, because he's the one that died. Right, moo

Any bets on what the game actually was, since "hide n seek" was definitely not IT? I'm thinking they might have been playing "dare" with drinking somehow involved. Her dare was for him to get in the suitcase?

Also, during the interrogation, she says "when I was in a holding cell before, I had a panic attack". So, she's been arrested before? Hmmm....
Yes, she has been arrested previously.

7/25/20181. BATTERY BY STRANGULATION (DATING VIOLENCE) Statute: 784.041(2)(A) Third Degree - Felony7/25/2018 OBTS:8888888888 Sequence:001 Control Number:18-67501 Arresting Agency:Orange County Sheriff Office

NameDOBTypeAttorneyAtty Phone
SARAH KATHRYN BOONEDefendantOFFICE OF PUBLIC DEFENDER, ESQUIRE
STATE OF FLORIDAPlaintiff

07/25/2018Advice to Defendant, First Appearance1
07/25/2018Affidavit of Insolvency and Indigency1
07/25/2018Court Minutes
Comments: IA
07/25/2018First Appearance Information Sheet1
07/25/2018Complaint2
07/26/2018Bond Filed
07/26/2018BOND - Charge 1 Cash Bond 7955571
08/19/2018Notice of Intent to Participate in Discovery
Comments: AND DEMAND FOR FAVORABLE AND IMPEACHMENT INFORMATION
08/19/2018Written Plea of Not Guilty; Waiver of Arraignment1
08/29/2018No Information Notice1
08/31/2018Transmittal to Accounting - Release Cash Bond1
08/31/2018Bond Discharged
08/31/2018BOND - Charge 1 Cash Bond 795557

People, even if you delete stuff from your phone, the data can still be recovered by police. It's actually a lot of work to make data go away completely from a phone, a memory card or a hard drive. Cops find 'deleted' self incriminating evidence on phones and computers all the time.

It's even harder to get rid of data once it makes its way onto cellular networks and the Internet. Look at the number of people whose Google searches put them behind bars.

I think Sarah was so confident about giving her phone to the police because she thought she'd tidied up the sordid evidence from the night before. She's not the first to record herself committing a crime, snd she won't be the last.

Yes, she has been arrested previously.

7/25/20181. BATTERY BY STRANGULATION (DATING VIOLENCE) Statute: 784.041(2)(A) Third Degree - Felony7/25/2018 OBTS:8888888888 Sequence:001 Control Number:18-67501 Arresting Agency:Orange County Sheriff Office

NameDOBTypeAttorneyAtty Phone
SARAH KATHRYN BOONEDefendantOFFICE OF PUBLIC DEFENDER, ESQUIRE
STATE OF FLORIDAPlaintiff

07/25/2018Advice to Defendant, First Appearance1
07/25/2018Affidavit of Insolvency and Indigency1
07/25/2018Court Minutes
Comments: IA
07/25/2018First Appearance Information Sheet1
07/25/2018Complaint2
07/26/2018Bond Filed
07/26/2018BOND - Charge 1 Cash Bond 7955571
08/19/2018Notice of Intent to Participate in Discovery
Comments: AND DEMAND FOR FAVORABLE AND IMPEACHMENT INFORMATION
08/19/2018Written Plea of Not Guilty; Waiver of Arraignment1
08/29/2018No Information Notice1
08/31/2018Transmittal to Accounting - Release Cash Bond1
08/31/2018Bond Discharged
08/31/2018BOND - Charge 1 Cash Bond 795557

What was the outcome in this case? I can’t tell.

What was the outcome in this case? I can’t tell.

"In 2018, Boone was charged with battery and strangulation after a physical fight broke out between the two when they returned from a bar. The pair had contradictory stories and refused to press charges against each other. They posted bond, and the case was later closed."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980
Back