FL - Sarah Boone, 42, charged with murdering boyfriend Jorge Torres, 42, by leaving him locked in suitcase, Winter Park, Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
  • Boone, who has written numerous letters to the judge, brought another handwritten letter to court in an attempt to ensure the judge reads it. Her trial has been pushed back to October 2.
  • Accused suitcase killer Sarah Boone appeared in court Friday for a hearing ahead of her murder trial. The Florida woman stands accused of drunkenly locking her boyfriend, Jorge Torres Jr., in a suitcase and leaving him there to suffocate to death in 2020.

LOL she's so badly trying to take control and run the whole show isn't she?

JMO MOO but she's an absolutely hopeless case of rampant narcissism and the day will probably never come where she's taking responsibility for her actions.

I'm laughing that the judge said he'd read her previous letters and they were covering old ground that had already been discussed and therefore he took no action. He said it so respectfully and politely!

IMO she has done more to upend support for women experiencing Battered Woman Dyndrome than anything/anyone. I don't doubt there was an abusive relationship. Substance abuse will do that. But if she killed him as a result of or response to BWS, where's the ownership? Where's the sadness in that it came to that? Where is the outrage at her own behavior, seeing it played back on video?

IMO her best defense is that she didn't expect it to be fatal... but that's an ugly video for the defense to overcome. Even if we tried to argue that her taunting him was only because the tables were turned and she could finally exact a level of control over him, showing him how it felt to feel powerless, then where is the grief, remorse? I didn't mean for him to die....

Even if that, it doesn't ring credible. Provoking an abuser? He was going to climb out a reformed man, lesson learned?

Yeah, no.

Her interviews sink her.

She might've been too intoxicated to care that night, if that's worth anything, but after? When she wasn't still intoxicated? We didn't hear one word then of her feeling safe (from violence).

She was just done with him.

She herself is giving us a solid glimpse of who she is and how she thinks.

And it ain't pretty.

JMO

Last edited:
Sarah's full court appearance July 21, 2023:

Accused Suitcase Killer Sarah Boone Appears in Court, Brings Judge Handwritten Letter​

Accused suitcase killer Sarah Boone appeared in court Friday for a hearing ahead of her murder trial. The Florida woman stands accused of drunkenly locking her boyfriend, Jorge Torres Jr., in a suitcase and leaving him there to suffocate to death at their Winter Park home in 2020. Boone, who has written numerous letters to the judge, brought another handwritten letter to court in an attempt to ensure the judge reads it. Her trial has been pushed back to October 2.

IMO she has done more to upend support for women experiencing Battered Woman Dyndrome than anything/anyone. I don't doubt there was an abusive relationship. Substance abuse will do that. But if she killed him as a result of or response to BWS, where's the ownership? Where's the sadness in that it came to that? Where is the outrage at her own behavior, seeing it played back on video?

IMO her best defense is that she didn't expect it to be fatal... but that's an ugly video for the defense to overcome. Even if we tried to argue that her taunting him was only because the tables were turned and she could finally exact a level of control over him, showing him how it felt to feel powerless, then where is the grief, remorse? I didn't mean for him to die....

Even if that, it doesn't ring credible. Provoking an abuser? He was going to climb out a reformed man, lesson learned?

Yeah, no.

Her interviews sink her.

She might've been too intoxicated to care that night, if that's worth anything, but after? When she wasn't still intoxicated? We didn't hear one word then of her feeling safe (from violence).

She was just done with him.

She herself is giving us a solid glimpse of who she is and how she thinks.

And it ain't pretty.

JMO

That's the real good question isn't it? So you were angry, drunk, hateful, decided to get a bit of revenge on a violent man who's driven you bonkers over time... then what, you were going to let him out right? To do what exactly? Pick you up and fling you in the same suitcase and push you down the stairs and stomp on you a bit? I don't think so IMO.

JMO She must have either premeditated -or- quickly realised she couldn't risk letting him back out. She couldn't go upstairs and 'fall asleep' no way, because it wouldn't be safe in case he somehow miraculously got out. She must have stayed and watched over him die, checked he wasn't breathing for a long long time in case he jumped out of that case and battered her back.

I'll bet her phone or IT shows she was awake and active the whole time.

She's not doing any favours to any cause of victims. The only hope this case has is to serve as an illustration to both men and women that if things are *that* bad, walk away, walk out the door, leave it, and never go back, otherwise it can be *this* bad.

Anyone else confused about the “battered woman syndrome” defense?

I do believe there was abuse in this relationship. Jorge had apparently been charged with domestic violence a while prior to this, and I don’t see a reason not to believe that. The court was involved; he was ordered to get help; IMO it was probably serious enough to warrant action.

THAT BEING SAID… By Sarah’s own account, her and Jorge had a great night that night before she locked him in the suitcase. There was no violence, no threats. So how does that constitute self-defense in any way? How did any alleged abuse actually play a role in her decision?

JMO

I'll bet her phone or IT shows she was awake and active the whole time.

Snipped. This is the #1 question I have and IMO will seal her fate at trial.

I usually stay open minded about this stuff. I believe this could have been an accident or intentional. (To clarify, even if the death was accidental, what she did still constitutes as torture) That piece of evidence will make it more clear what happened

JMO

I don't think she went into her heavy drinking session that night planning to commit murder. I do think she was uncontrollably intoxicated and eventually passed out while Jorge remained locked in suitcase. There is no defense for voluntary intoxication and I doubt she'll get off on self defense or battered woman syndrome.

Anyone else confused about the “battered woman syndrome” defense?

I do believe there was abuse in this relationship. Jorge had apparently been charged with domestic violence a while prior to this, and I don’t see a reason not to believe that. The court was involved; he was ordered to get help; IMO it was probably serious enough to warrant action.

THAT BEING SAID… By Sarah’s own account, her and Jorge had a great night that night before she locked him in the suitcase. There was no violence, no threats. So how does that constitute self-defense in any way? How did any alleged abuse actually play a role in her decision?

JMO

I think she's a liar so who knows what had gone on that night. However, she didn't appear to be cut and bruised in the footage outside her home when arrested and the footage of the detective interviews.

I also believe their relationship was violent and no doubt Torres was a violent abuser no reason not to believe plus she is small in stature, clearly he is the stronger and more powerful, she also appeared to be an alcoholic and was reported to be by people who knew her, plus it was her home with her child. If he was unhappy in the relationship he should have walked away not got into violent fights with her.

He didn't deserve to die. Maybe the 'battered spouse defence' is that she had to come up with a manipulative deceptive ploy to eradicate him from her life once and for all. Maybe she was in overwhelming long term fear and in general. But the problem with that defence is it then indicates she conducted a pre-meditated and planned out murder in a sense of misguided desperation.

Had she tried to escape this relationship through other means? Had she taken advice and guidance from LE and DV agencies? Had she consulted people and asked for help? Or she just took matters into her own hands?

If this was premeditated, I wonder why she reported him dead and didn't dispose of him and hide him? Maybe she was going to but then realised she literally couldn't move the case? Maybe a third party was going to help her and bailed out. JMO MOO

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
It will be interesting to see defense argue battered spouse defense on her behalf. It will be tough and a disservice to women that are dealing with being battered or have in the past been battered. Both Sarah and Jorge were abusive toward each other; however, murder is not the answer. Curious why Sarah choose to kill Jorge rather than to seek other alternatives? Moo

New court date added: Sept 8, 2023​

2020-CF-002603-A-O : STATE OF FLORIDA - VS - BOONE, SARAH

Charge Details

Offense DateChargePleaArrestDispositionSentence
2/23/20201. SECOND DEGREE MURDER Statute: 782.04(2) First Degree - Punishable By Life4/13/2020 Not Guilty/Deny2/25/2020 OBTS:8888888888 Sequence:001 Control Number:20-17904 Arresting Agency:Orange County Sheriff Office

DateDescriptionPagesDoc
10/02/2023HEARING - Trial - Wooten, Wayne C
09/20/2023HEARING - Pre-Trial Conference - Wooten, Wayne C
09/08/2023HEARING - Pre-Trial Conference - Wooten, Wayne C

DateHearingTimeLocationPagesDoc
10/2/2023Trial - Wooten, Wayne C9:00 AMRoom 6-D On The 6th Floor
9/20/2023Pre-Trial Conference - Wooten, Wayne C9:00 AMRoom 6-D On The 6th Floor
9/8/2023Pre-Trial Conference - Wooten, Wayne C9:00 AMRoom 6-D On The 6th Floor

Orange County Clerk of Courts Records Search

Sarah Boone's attorney has filed a motion to withdraw; he says she should represent herself, lol.

Boone has gone through a number of attorneys in her case. Her initial attorney, Mauricio Padilla, withdrew from the case in May 2022 and was followed by a series of public defenders, who each left the case citing conflicts of interest. Frank Bankowitz was formally named Boone’s attorney on July 11, 2022. Bankwoitz filed a motion to withdraw on Aug. 22, citing “irreconcilable differences.”

“The Defendant will not be satisfied with any attorney unless said attorney does not have a case load and can dedicate his or her time solely to Ms. Boone’s case,” Bankowitz wrote in the motion submitted to the court. “The best possible avenue is to have the Defendant represent herself as no attorney can satisfy her.”

Sarah Boone's attorney has filed a motion to withdraw; he says she should represent herself, lol.

Boone has gone through a number of attorneys in her case. Her initial attorney, Mauricio Padilla, withdrew from the case in May 2022 and was followed by a series of public defenders, who each left the case citing conflicts of interest. Frank Bankowitz was formally named Boone’s attorney on July 11, 2022. Bankwoitz filed a motion to withdraw on Aug. 22, citing “irreconcilable differences.”

“The Defendant will not be satisfied with any attorney unless said attorney does not have a case load and can dedicate his or her time solely to Ms. Boone’s case,” Bankowitz wrote in the motion submitted to the court. “The best possible avenue is to have the Defendant represent herself as no attorney can satisfy her.”
I literally laughed out loud!! Oh man, that is the epitome of an attorney blantantly calling you dumber than a doorknob. Someone forgot to tell her she's not the center of the universe, like when she was 5 or so......

Incredible statement from the attorney. This is not at all surprising! Think Sarah will decide to represent herself?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeFab
Back