FL - Sarah Boone, 42, charged with murdering boyfriend Jorge Torres, 42, by leaving him locked in suitcase, Winter Park, Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Video is just under 10 minutes.

Lawyer Quits on Sarah Boone, Withdraws from Suitcase Suffocation Murder Case​

Accused suitcase killer Sarah Boone appeared in court on Friday for a hearing about a motion filed by her attorney. Frank Bankowitz, who is Boone’s sixth public defender, asked to be removed from her murder case. The judge granted her attorney’s motion to withdraw and appointed her a new public defender. “If this becomes a problem on another court-appointed attorney, I’m going to look more closely at what the alleged disputes are,” the judge said to Boone.

Today's hearing

How many attorneys has Sarah Boone gone through? Six? Boone probably thinks she can delay her trial indefinitely--just abuse her court-appointed attorney until they ask to be removed from the case. And I don't blame her for delaying. That video she took of Jorge locked in suitcase, pleading for her to let him out, while she laughs and curses him, is sickening to view. But her delaying tactics won't work forever. They day will come when she will have to either stand trial or take a plea.

Mr Winston Hobson, commiserations my friend.

Mazel Tov! Frank Bankowitz, you're off the hook!

So, SB is now being court appointed her *seventh* attorney by the court. I assume this is just done by way of the 'cab rank rule' = the first available lawyer from a bank of retained court counsel?

Had she kept on Mr Bankowitz, the court would have been processing an application for funding an Expert Witness (probably the 'domestic violence' theory) and also the court would have been progressing the date for her hearing. Those things cannot happen now.

Trial probably commencing early December, pre-trial November. Status hearing Mon Oct 30th 2023.

From 7:07 - Judge Wooten cautions SB that if problems arise with the next attorney, he's going to look closely at what the alleged disputes are. Warns her that a lawyer is not just there to 'do whatever you say'. Points out that her expectations of what a court appointed counsel may do in terms of spending time with her may be unrealistic. She must accept that her court appointed lawyer will have other cases, clients, and courtroom responsibilities.

I think she's going to be in prison for a long time at this rate.

How many attorneys has Sarah Boone gone through? Six? Boone probably thinks she can delay her trial indefinitely--just abuse her court-appointed attorney until they ask to be removed from the case. And I don't blame her for delaying. That video she took of Jorge locked in suitcase, pleading for her to let him out, while she laughs and curses him, is sickening to view. But her delaying tactics won't work forever. They day will come when she will have to either stand trial or take a plea.

I don't even think this. She's a raging narcissist / sociopath and thinks everyone is beneath her.

She wants to dictate her narrative and force her lawyer to support it. She doesn't care how long it takes, she's prepared to die on that hill and will not work with anyone until they submit to her distorted nonsense.

IMO, she's desperate for her court performance where she will be the star of the show, prove everyone wrong, and the judge will tell her 'SB you're so intelligent you should really be doing my job, we're so sorry we thought you murdered someone'.

She's probably very used to controlling people in her real life - browbeating is a Narc tactic. Obviously she's *not* used to dealing with highly trained legal professionals (who are very used to dealing with people like her because 'Florida'. She's mocked and derided Bankowitz, making personal asides about him. She's bombarded the judge with lengthy letters only one week apart in showmanship of her intellectual 'skills' and insights.

Narcs are super fond of emotionally hijacking and hostage taking people (literally killed J locked in a suitcase whilst mocking him highlights this perfectly).

I suspect she very much enjoys being in prison - she may be getting a lot of support and camaraderie from other women who admire that she 'tortured and killed her abuser'. She looks so much more physically 'well' than before prison. She looks calm, self assured, her breathing rate is level, she's not got any anxiety displacement, she smirks in contempt when leaving after the judge says no to her 'do I get to speak'.

She's a contemptuous person who has no respect for anyone or anything. She's got a captive audience in prison (god help them) and she enjoys being the star of the show in court, she enjoys that the judge is forced to read her long long letters that she endlessly writes. I'm blown away by how decent the judge is and how he simply tells it straight with no judgement or insincerity. I think he knows she's desperate to get a rise / reaction from him (that's what Narcs live and die for), so he's handling it immaculately.

JMO MOO

Status Hearing
Monday, October 30, 2023
Time 10:00 AM

Pre-Trial
Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Time 9:00 AM

Conference Trial
Monday, December 11, 2023
Time 9:00 AM

Judge Wooten, Wayne C
425 N Orange Avenue, Orlando, FL 32801
Room 6-D On The 6th Floor

Disclosure @link
Orange County Clerk of Courts Records Search
09/11/2023Electronic Copy Sent to Private Attorney
Comments: Document Delivery: FRANK J BANKOWITZ ESQ - Sent 9/11/2023 4:51:41 PM

IMO she doesn't have to try very hard to abuse her attorney. She has built-in capability.

9/20/2023Pre-Trial Conference - Wooten, Wayne C9:00 AM

My regret in posting rescheduled pre-trial conference which didn't happen today. New dates are posted upthread (#209).

1695233549324.png
2020-CF-002603-A-O : STATE OF FLORIDA - VS - BOONE, SARAH

Sarah's attorney: Winston Hobson

My regret in posting rescheduled pre-trial conference which didn't happen today. New dates are posted upthread (#209).

View attachment 448262
2020-CF-002603-A-O : STATE OF FLORIDA - VS - BOONE, SARAH

Sarah's attorney: Winston Hobson

I was just checking here to see the outcome of today's hearing. Thanks for the update!

I don't even think this. She's a raging narcissist / sociopath and thinks everyone is beneath her.

She wants to dictate her narrative and force her lawyer to support it. She doesn't care how long it takes, she's prepared to die on that hill and will not work with anyone until they submit to her distorted nonsense.

IMO, she's desperate for her court performance where she will be the star of the show, prove everyone wrong, and the judge will tell her 'SB you're so intelligent you should really be doing my job, we're so sorry we thought you murdered someone'.

She's probably very used to controlling people in her real life - browbeating is a Narc tactic. Obviously she's *not* used to dealing with highly trained legal professionals (who are very used to dealing with people like her because 'Florida'. She's mocked and derided Bankowitz, making personal asides about him. She's bombarded the judge with lengthy letters only one week apart in showmanship of her intellectual 'skills' and insights.

Narcs are super fond of emotionally hijacking and hostage taking people (literally killed J locked in a suitcase whilst mocking him highlights this perfectly).

I suspect she very much enjoys being in prison - she may be getting a lot of support and camaraderie from other women who admire that she 'tortured and killed her abuser'. She looks so much more physically 'well' than before prison. She looks calm, self assured, her breathing rate is level, she's not got any anxiety displacement, she smirks in contempt when leaving after the judge says no to her 'do I get to speak'.

She's a contemptuous person who has no respect for anyone or anything. She's got a captive audience in prison (god help them) and she enjoys being the star of the show in court, she enjoys that the judge is forced to read her long long letters that she endlessly writes. I'm blown away by how decent the judge is and how he simply tells it straight with no judgement or insincerity. I think he knows she's desperate to get a rise / reaction from him (that's what Narcs live and die for), so he's handling it immaculately.

JMO MOO

Excellent post. I concur.

I could understand what she did, if she was intoxicated (which she likely was), as even though to certainly does not justify her actions, it explains them, and could possibly be a mitigating factor in sentencing, if she had had the good sense to argue that it was in the heat of the moment, and do the right thing and apologise.

However, as you stated, she most likely has a severe personality disorder (narcissistic personality disorder), and thinks the World revolves around her. There is an old saying in the legal profession:

The man who represents himself has a fool for a client.”

This is so true, and Sarah Boone is inevitably going to find this out the hard way.

At a hearing Friday morning, attorney Frank Bankowitz announced to the court that he could not effectively represent a client who uses such derogatory language towards him, saying no one should have to endure being called a “dud” and a “buffoon.”
She is a piece of work - her own worst enemy!

At a hearing Friday morning, attorney Frank Bankowitz announced to the court that he could not effectively represent a client who uses such derogatory language towards him, saying no one should have to endure being called a “dud” and a “buffoon.”

I wonder if her new attorney (Winston Hobson) is having any better luck with her than Frank Bankowitz did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazythunder
Back