FL - Sarah Boone, 42, charged with murdering boyfriend Jorge Torres, 42, by leaving him locked in suitcase, Winter Park, Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status Hearing
Monday, October 30, 2023
Time 10:00 AM

Pre-Trial
Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Time 9:00 AM

Conference Trial
Monday, December 11, 2023
Time 9:00 AM

Judge Wooten, Wayne C
425 N Orange Avenue, Orlando, FL 32801
Room 6-D On The 6th Floor

Disclosure @link
Orange County Clerk of Courts Records Search
09/11/2023Electronic Copy Sent to Private Attorney
Comments: Document Delivery: FRANK J BANKOWITZ ESQ - Sent 9/11/2023 4:51:41 PM

My regret in posting rescheduled pre-trial conference which didn't happen today. New dates are posted upthread (#209).

View attachment 448262
2020-CF-002603-A-O : STATE OF FLORIDA - VS - BOONE, SARAH

Sarah's attorney: Winston Hobson

Not sure if the status hearing on October 30 is still on, suspect it is not, because it is no longer listed on the State of FL site. May be site is being updated at this time.

Usually, if a date is cancelled it will be marked as canceled. The last two dates are the most recent listed. Perhaps the hearing was canceled due to SB's most recent letter dated Sept., 5, 2023. Will check back. moo

2020-CF-002603-A-O : STATE OF FLORIDA - VS - BOONE, SARAH

DateDescriptionPagesDoc
10/02/2023HEARING - Trial - Wooten, Wayne C
09/20/2023HEARING - Pre-Trial Conference - Wooten, Wayne C

For the record: WH is SB's 7th court appointed attorney. moo

ORLANDO, Fla. (Court TV) — The woman accused of killing her boyfriend by zipping him in a suitcase is scheduled to appear at a hearing on Monday with a new attorney.

This will be at least the fourth attorney to have represented Sarah Boone since her arrest in Feb. 2020. Boone is charged with second-degree murder for the death of her boyfriend, Jorge Torres. Boone told police that she zipped Torres into a suitcase while the couple had been drinking and playing a game of hide-and-seek that went wrong.

Boone will appear with Winston Hobson, the Orlando attorney who was appointed by the court as her public defender. Her previous attorney, Frank Bankowitz, withdrew from the case saying that he could not represent a client who called him a “dud” and “buffoon.

Posted at 7:34 AM, October 30, 2023

Status hearing 10.30.2023: Attorney Hobson requested judge to set a status for sometime in January 2024.

Judge anticipates that defense attorney will be ready by January 2024 to advise when will be ready for trial.

Pre-trial conference/status date of January 16, 2024
Trial period January 29, 2024

moo

Status hearing 10.30.2023: Attorney Hobson requested judge to set a status for sometime in January 2024.

Judge anticipates that defense attorney will be ready by January 2024 to advise when will be ready for trial.

Pre-trial conference/status date of January 16, 2024
Trial period January 29, 2024

moo

Thanks for the update. Let's see if we make it to the trial date setting without disruption.

I distinctly recall the judge said if there's one more issue with an attorney that he will be scrutinising what's going on.

What is this one, number seven attorney I believe?

Such a heinous cruel crime committed by someone who clearly needed help. I can see why that person is doing everything in their power to avoid trial.

Sure, there's more to that video than what's been shown. The forensic pathologist testimony will be powerful and the science will seal her fate. What she did to JTjr. is beyond horrific, and allegedly beat the suitcase while he's pleading for his life. Speculation. moo.

Such a heinous cruel crime committed by someone who clearly needed help. I can see why that person is doing everything in their power to avoid trial.

Sure, there's more to that video than what's been shown. The forensic pathologist testimony will be powerful and the science will seal her fate. What she did to JTjr. is beyond horrific, and allegedly beat the suitcase while he's pleading for his life. Speculation. moo.

IMO she's not trying to avoid or delay trial. She wants out and believes she's innocent. She's impossible to work with and her attorneys are probably unable to convey the information about the severity of her situation to her as she wants to control the narrative. When she can't, or they don't do what she expects, then she becomes abusive and difficult.

I believe she's very much looking forward to her time in the spotlight and being vindicated in court because she's literally delusional.

DateHearingTimeLocationPagesDoc
1/29/2024Trial - Wooten, Wayne C9:00 AMRoom 6-D On The 6th Floor
1/16/2024Pre-Trial Conference - Wooten, Wayne C9:00 AMRoom 6-D On The 6th Floor

DateDescriptionPagesDoc
01/29/2024HEARING - Trial - Wooten, Wayne C
01/16/2024HEARING - Pre-Trial Conference - Wooten, Wayne C
11/03/2023Electronic Copy Sent to Private Attorney
Comments: Document Delivery: WINSTON EDWARD HOBSON ESQ - Sent 11/3/2023 4:37:34 PM

Sarah Boone will be in court on Monday, appearing for the first time with her new court-appointed attorney, Winston Hobson.
11:01 AM · Nov 5, 2023

Quoting own post (posted by https://twitter.com/CourtTV) due to being unable to edit within timeframe allowed

Imo, title of post reads incorrectly - SB will not appear in court tomorrow - she already appeared in court on Monday (Oct 30) for the first time w/new attorney. moo

NameDOBTypeAttorneyAtty Phone
SARAH BOONE 10/10/1977 DefendantWINSTON HOBSON

1/29/2024Trial - Kraynick, Michael S9:00 AMRoom 12-A On The 12th Floor
1/16/2024Pre-Trial Conference - Kraynick, Michael S9:00 AMRoom 12-A On The 12th Floor

NameDOBTypeAttorneyAtty Phone
SARAH BOONE10/10/1977DefendantWINSTON HOBSON

1/29/2024Trial - Kraynick, Michael S9:00 AMRoom 12-A On The 12th Floor
1/16/2024Pre-Trial Conference - Kraynick, Michael S9:00 AMRoom 12-A On The 12th Floor
I'll believe it when I see it! I haven't followed any case other than this since the Halderson case almost 2 years ago. I do watch interrogations on YouTube. But thank you for posting! I really hope it comes to fruition!

I'll believe it when I see it! I haven't followed any case other than this since the Halderson case almost 2 years ago. I do watch interrogations on YouTube. But thank you for posting! I really hope it comes to fruition!
The Sarah Boone interrogation was kinda boring IMO. But the palaver afterwards is a whole next level.

Getting a defense attorney to stick with Boone's case is half the battle. The remaining challenge is to convince a mental health expert to testify for the defense for the amount of pay the court is willing to offer.

Getting a defense attorney to stick with Boone's case is half the battle. The remaining challenge is to convince a mental health expert to testify for the defense for the amount of pay the court is willing to offer.
Yes, that is true. She is very difficult. Experts are costly. I don't think she stands a chance.

I found it interesting. I don't think she shed a tear.

I found it interesting also because it was classic 101 Narc Personality Disorder in action.

Not only did she not shed a tear or show any concern for her victim, she was angry that nobody was feeling sorry for HER. Obviously it went on a long time and got nowhere but that in itself revealed every permutation of Narc personality blocking, deflecting, distorting, and defending against reality. Also that she genuinely believed she was going home and walking back out the door. Which IMO she still does. To witness someone's behaviour in such an extreme and so openly is quite rare and it's all down to the fact that she's so far gone with zero self awareness.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67
Back