FL - Sarah Boone, 42, charged with murdering boyfriend Jorge Torres, 42, by leaving him locked in suitcase, Winter Park, Feb 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Like many of you, I think SB is married to drama. IMO if the judge told her she was free to leave, no charges, no nothing, she'd argue with him.

Here's the thing about arguing. For people with a really low threshold for maturity, arguing is a way to force engagement. This whole case has become her newest partner. She's grown addicted to it. The injustice collecting, the celebrity status (largely only in her head) (not in a good way anywhere else), the smug self-righteousness, even the canned soft spokenness.

Hair and makeup. She thinks she's on stage.

Well, Honey. Show's almost over. Next up: prison.

JMO
BBM

This is so true!! And the story of my life. The more you try to avoid these immature, difficult personalities like SB, the more they will be drawn to you. Esp if you can’t completely cut them out of your life like co-worker etc. SB is a master at prolonging the interaction needlessly by acting confused. A common tactic in addition to arguing. Ugh!

What is really lacking from SB is any normal emotion IMO.

If it was "a game" and she fell asleep/passed out, only to discover his death upon awakening, where's the horror? The devastation? The "omg, what have I done?"

I think we see instead how much she cared. She didn't. She doesn't.

I do think, in a real sense, it was a game to Sarah, just not in the sense she says. I think she felt she was winning, she showed him, she put him in his place, as it were. To humiliate, torture.

It directly resulted in his death.

She's an adult. She had to know it could interfere with his breathing, he could suffocate. They'd both been drinking, he could easily have asphyxiated on vomit. Human to human, she had a duty of care, in particular because she contributed to the precarious position he was in. Frankly, if she'd left him inebriated in a hot tub, IMO she'd still be party to a drowning death. Criminally negligent homicide. Had she left him in a garage with the motor running, same.

In SB's head, however, she is never wrong. She didn't spill the milk, you filled the glass too full.

Was SB too drunk to make lucid decisions herself? That might have been a defense worth pursuing, if there is such a thing, but IMO one has to take a wide perspective here.
She knew he couldn't get out of the suitcase himself, or he would have. Did she expect him to sleep it off? No one believes it was hide-n-seek. He was supposed to come find her in her ... bed? Uh, Sarah. That's not a good hiding spot. It's the opposite of hiding.

She purposefully left him in a preposterously dangerous position which resulted in his death where the risk of suffocation was high and it was obvious.

I don't see, given the video and her interviews, how a battered spouse defense can work. In her favor, that is. I think it works against her. If it was a response to a real, perceived or even protracted fear, why in heaven's name which she stay on site? Risk him getting out and coming after her, doubly provoked?

It wasn't self-defense. It was a power move. Had he lived somehow, you think she was going to start her morning letting him out and apologizing for leaving him there? More likely, making him beg for air.

She may well feel he deserved his fate, but that's not the legal standard. If she left him dangling over a pit of alligators...

And his many times have we heard it from drunk drivers after car accidents with fatalities? "I didn't mean to". Criminal vehicular suicide.

SB is no less culpable for this death than if she's pushed him in the water and filmed and taunted him as he drowned, regardless of the point at which she walked away.

Sarah, on the stand, will be the star the high school musical in her head. Poised, soft-spoken, harmless. Playing acting. I don't see it enough to over come Sarah, from her cellphone. Taunting a man as he lay dying.

What verdict the jurors attach to that remains to be seen.

JMO

What is really lacking from SB is any normal emotion IMO.

If it was "a game" and she fell asleep/passed out, only to discover his death upon awakening, where's the horror? The devastation? The "omg, what have I done?"
^^rsbm

Of all the word salad from SB, and there's been much of it, the only thing that's been constant was not sadness or remorse-- but more of an after-thought: "It wasn't intentional" [for him to die] "We were just playing." "This was a good day."

No Sarah, it was not a good day. Jorge Torres was zipped inside a suitcase, could not breath, repeatedly told you so, you blamed him, and he suffocated to death.

"Are you trying to make it worse?" :oops:

"That was not my intent." #SarahBoone tells detectives "I miss [Jorge Torres] a lot" and that it's "punishment enough" she has to live with her boyfriend being left to die in a suitcase.
#CourtTV WATCH LIVE - #SuitcaseMurderTrial begins October 7!
“I missed Jorge a lot”

I’m pretty sure you missed your Dr. Pepper a lot more since you asked for it a lot more than you did for any knowledge or information regarding the status of your boyfriend who EMT and LE were still working on

“I have to live with what I did. That is punishment enough”
Yet the things you did is why Jorge doesn’t get to live. In an attempt to punish him you also sentenced his daughter, parents and brother. Where is their justice? Where’s Jorge’s? You still expect to live freely while carrying your guilt whereas you decided that Jorge had to suffocate alone and entrapped because of his

“I can’t sleep”
Unfortunately that wasn’t your problem two nights ago according to your statement because otherwise maybe you would have been alert enough to save Jorge and let him breathe

“Are you trying to make it worse”
Were you when you flipped over the suitcase?

Last edited:
Somehow i missed it, my apologies. What time Monday?

I don't believe we'll be able to watch anything on Monday since that is jury selection. I expect that CourtTV will start their livestream coverage once the jury is selected, which the judge said he thought would be possibly Tuesday afternoon or more likely on Wednesday.

Owens filed a motion today to exclude particular pieces of the 2 hour interrogation as he wasn't successful in getting the entire thing excluded from the trial. His reasons include "lack of relevance", "improper character evidence", and " improper opinion testimony by a Law Enforcement Officer". He adds that the pieces he wants excluded are because "the value of such evidence is substantially outweighed by the danger of unfair prejudice, confusion of the issues, misleading the jury, and would serve only to inflame the jury."

The portions he wants excluded are too long to list here but are available in the motion filed today, 10/6: Orange County Clerk of Courts Records Search

Last edited:
Owens is coming off like a vexatious litigant filing time wasting motions IMO
It surely ought to be stopped?

The basis for all these time wasting arguments seems to not be in order to uphold justice and ensure a fair trial but to make the point 'if you hadn't asked SB those questions...' and 'if you hadn't got a hold of SB's phone...' then she'd not be accused of murder. She's accused of murder because she murdered someone. Tortured and murdered even.

Owens filed a motion today to exclude particular pieces of the 2 hour interrogation as he wasn't successful in getting the entire thing excluded from the trial. His reasons include "lack of relevance", "improper character evidence", and " improper opinion testimony by a Law Enforcement Officer". He adds that the pieces he wants excluded are because "the value of such evidence is substantially outweighed by the danger of unfair prejudice, confusion of the issues, misleading the jury, and would serve only to inflame the jury."

The portions he wants excluded are too long to list here but are available in the motion filed today, 10/6: Orange County Clerk of Courts Records Search
Link to Defendants Motion in Limine to exclude certain parts of the interview https://myeclerk.myorangeclerk.com/...ItzTROBvSGENc11GmVw3kcqqnmT1GQqVtR8BNyjRJmw==

I think right now Owens is yelling “come on Hurricane Milton!” It looks like a bad one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Dirty
Back