FL - Sarah Boone, 42, charged with murdering boyfriend Jorge Torres, 42, by leaving him locked in suitcase, Winter Park, Feb 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder when that plea deal was offered. 15 years. Time served, what 75% of that probably? She'd be halfway done already.

We know that after spending hours with SB, Owens ultimately rejected her case but not before first seeking a plea agreement for her -- one she rejected. Whether or not it was the same offer, don't know.

I'm inclined to believe this offer has long been out there for her (she's had 9 attorneys) and she just wants to go to trial. I think she really enjoys her space, and likes the idea of being a case archive on Court TV! JMO. #Justice for Jorge

Good gravy, I just rewatched the video. I had seen it much earlier on in the case but forgot until rewatching just now how very very drunk she sounds in it. her words are slurred to the point of being unintelligible in some places. There was a point where I think she wanted to say "that's what you get when you trick me" what came out was yeah, thass what you do whe you trick me" and all her cackling and F yous? yikes

This woman is not a suffering BWS. MOO she is a mean and sloppy drunk who gave as good as she got. And now she's killed a man. Maybe not a good one, certainly no saint by all accounts, but she ended him. She is a danger to the public. MOO

I truly think she believes she's going to be found not guilty. She's delusional, IMO. When she's found guilty, she's going to be honestly SHOCKED.
Yeah but 15 is not much of a deal when the min is 16.75. She will most likely be found guilty because the recording is quite damning, but it may be worth taking a chance with the jury and that allows for appeals etc. IMO

Good gravy, I just rewatched the video. I had seen it much earlier on in the case but forgot until rewatching just now how very very drunk she sounds in it. her words are slurred to the point of being unintelligible in some places. There was a point where I think she wanted to say "that's what you get when you trick me" what came out was yeah, thass what you do whe you trick me" and all her cackling and F yous? yikes

This woman is not a suffering BWS. MOO she is a mean and sloppy drunk who gave as good as she got. And now she's killed a man. Maybe not a good one, certainly no saint by all accounts, but she ended him. She is a danger to the public. MOO

All of that but she well could have meant what she said the way she said it -- thass what you do when you trick me --

He tricked her, she tricked him. Payback.

Payback is very different than self-defense, way different than BSS.

In fact, IMO there's your motive. She tricked him to get him to get in the suitcase and she's leaving him in there to get even.

Knew he couldn't get out, went to bed anyway. Left him with no bathroom, no way to get out, no air. Plus there's reason to believe she caused additional injury to him (flipping the suitcase, the staircase, etc).

Revenge is not a defense.

She's worse than guilty.

JMO

The state filed a motion to exclude the defense's claim of Battered Spouse Syndrome, after taking depositions of both the state's psychiatric expert (Dr. Werner) and the defense's psychiatric expert (Dr. Harper) who both interviewed Sarah about what happened. The motion includes two details from the doctors' depositions that were new (to me, perhaps I'd missed them earlier):

- "At the time of his death, the decedent was only 103 lbs. and had a blood alcohol level of .138g/dL."

- "The Defendant shook the suitcase. She lost control and the suitcase flipped. She hit the decedent’s fingertips with the wooden baseball bat that was in the room."

This sums up why the state is seeking to exclude the Battered Spouse Syndrome claim (BBM for emphasis):

"The Defendant’s testimony is that she intentionally zipped the suitcase out of levity and while kidding around with the decedent during a friendly game of hide and seek. Then, when the decedent informed her that he could not breathe, she intentionally decided, out of anger, to make him feel like he’s trapped in there for a couple of minutes while she beat and shook the suitcase and hit his hand with a baseball bat. This is aggravated assault, aggravated battery, and false imprisonment. She stated that she flipped the suitcase right side up, saw that the decedent could get two fingertips through an opening, and she went upstairs to bed believing he would be able to get out in a couple of minutes. She had no intention to kill him, no intention to leave him trapped inside of the suitcase, and she did not even comprehend that he could die from this. The Defendant is thus still saying that the decedent’s death was an accident—and she is not entitled to an instruction on self-defense or to supplant a self-defense case with reputation evidence, specific instances of past violence, or Battered Spouse Syndrome evidence."

The state adds: "The State acknowledges that the Defendant is entitled to change her story yet again, so if the Court does not exclude this evidence now, the Defendant should be barred from mentioning Battered Spouse Syndrome evidence until the Defendant testifies to something that is a justifiable use of deadly force."

Last edited:
I haven’t had time to follow much on this case or read many posts. Can anyone tell me if there has been any info reported regarding time of death? I recall her saying on the 911 call that he was stiff when the operator was instructing her to do CPR which I think she also said she had already tried - and I’m wondering when time of death was and whether this was thought to be the body going into rigor or coming out of it. I guess what I’m trying to determine is if he died shortly after the video from her phone where he says he can’t breathe then why wasn’t the body too stiff for her to get him out and attempt cpr? Or did she take him out at some point much earlier than she called 911 and rigor started to set in after she got his body out of the suitcase? Does anyone have any info on this or do I just have to wait until testimony from the medical examiner during trial?

I haven’t had time to follow much on this case or read many posts. Can anyone tell me if there has been any info reported regarding time of death? I recall her saying on the 911 call that he was stiff when the operator was instructing her to do CPR which I think she also said she had already tried - and I’m wondering when time of death was and whether this was thought to be the body going into rigor or coming out of it. I guess what I’m trying to determine is if he died shortly after the video from her phone where he says he can’t breathe then why wasn’t the body too stiff for her to get him out and attempt cpr? Or did she take him out at some point much earlier than she called 911 and rigor started to set in after she got his body out of the suitcase? Does anyone have any info on this or do I just have to wait until testimony from the medical examiner during trial?

I haven't seen anything about a time of death and expect we'll have to wait to hear from the medical examiner about that. There was mention in some MSM articles that the autopsy report said he was in the suitcase for “up to 11 hours or more.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back