Identified! FL - Sarasota Co., WhtFem 426UFFL, 30-45, breast implants, Feb'07 - Jeana Burrus *husband POI*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Clare George Wiedmaier, Burrus’ uncle, said that he stopped getting phone calls from his niece in 2006. He couldn’t get in contact with her, but he eventually was able to reach her husband, James Burrus Jr.

“And we were given a story,” Wiedmaier said, adding that he can’t say anything more because the Sheriff’s Office is working on the case. The same story was given to her stepfather and her brother, he said.

From ABC7 - local Florida Station:

Husband named person of interest after skeletal remains identified as Sarasota woman​

Woman’s son has come forward to speak with investigators

RSBM:
Investigators told ABC7′s that James Burrus’ versions of events has changed every time they have spoken with him. They also confirm that James Burrus Jr., the couple’s son, came forward to say he had been told that his mother had abandoned the family.

The investigation into Jeana’s death was further complicated as she was never reported missing by family, and her whereabouts had not been questioned. The couple resided in Citrus County, Florida and Frederick, Maryland, prior to relocating to Sarasota County. After they left Sarasota, James Burrus Sr. moved to California before returning to Maryland where he currently resides.

Husband named person of interest after skeletal remains identified as Sarasota woman​

RSBM:
That story "mom left us for greener pastures" somehow never gets old...

Yeah, he was running and their son was uprooted repeatedly. What a nightmare for their son.

Snip
“We know he abruptly left Sarasota and moved to California. He was there for a short time and we believe there was a crime stoppers report submitted to the media around that time relating to this case. Then he abruptly left California and went back to Maryland,” said Det. Mark Lefebvre of the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office.

RSBM:
This is where I was waiting for.

Not sure if this is allowed, but with some simple Google-searching, looks like James Arthur Burrus' last known address was in Westminster, MD. It shows his known spouse as Jeana Lynn Burrus.
Since James is considered a POI now, I assume that using his full name is permitted.

Adding more fuel to the fire here; here is a excerpt from an article saying that investigators have already spoken to James Burris :

"Investigators told ABC7′s that James Burrus’ versions of events has changed every time they have spoken with him. They also confirm that James Burrus Jr., the couple’s son, came forward to say he had been told that his mother had abandoned the family."

Here's another article with a direct quote from investigator, Lt. Mark Lefebvre regarding James Burris :

"He had different versions honestly of what happened to the relationship, but when he sat with detectives, he provided no details, he gave no information, he really didn't have any answers to anything," Lefebvre said.

I hope they find James and test his tools. Blunt force trauma and behind shop makes me think she visited him at work and things went south. Tools have lots of little crevices that can store blood and dna if used to strike someone in the head.
I can’t imagine how traumatic this must be for her son. Heartbreaking. Why can’t people just get a divorce???

Is this the same person. From a car accident in 2005 ?

Sounds like a pretty bad accident. She was thrown from the car.

Serious infractions too.

Terribly sad that no one reported her missing.

I suspect most of her family was in Maryland, and just had not kept track of hers and James move and movements to Florida. And sometimes the individual's behavior do parallel the story that the husband was telling family, so at first they just did not believe she was actually missing..........

But, as mentioned, I am very curious about the Ancestry data being entered in March 2023. It states she was born in 1967, and died "Jan 2006--June 2006".
So I am guessing that some family were being contacted by LE as early as March.

I think I am trying to convince my self that she was loved! And I do think she was.

Last edited:
But, as mentioned, I am very curious about the Ancestry data being entered in March 2023. It states she was born in 1967, and died "Jan 2006--June 2006".
There is also an odd entry on Family Search stating JLB (DOB 1983) died in 2022, in Nigeria! All the other data entered states she was born in 1968 and died Feb. 6, 2007. The sources to these entries are newspapers and the data was indexed by a computer. Not sure if the same can happen on Ancestry but, for now, I would take everything with a grain of salt. MOO JMO

nigeria.png

So I am guessing that some family were being contacted by LE as early as March.

I think I am trying to convince my self that she was loved! And I do think she was.

I'm fairly certain that the DNA results, positively identifying Jeana Burrus as the Jane Doe, had come back in early 2023.
Partly due to the current homeowner/resident of the Burrus' old property in Sarasota stating this :

"[...]police came and searched the house for evidence a few months ago. The family does not believe they found anything."

This means Law Enforcement was likely interviewing/trying to build a case months previously, and have reached out to truly concerned family members for information, who then have in-turn updated Jeana's information online.

It is my opinion, and my opinion alone, that the only reason why we are just now hearing of positive identification from this months' Press Conference, is that Law Enforcement unfortunately does not have evidence needed to indict/prosecute their POI, and this is an appeal to the public for information leading to conviction.

I'm akin to thinking that the Ancestry details were input by a family member after she was identified. Jan-Jun 2006 being the timeframe of their last contact with her/last known alive. She was recovered in 2007. Her family cared.

Her poor son.

I see the husband is remarried - I'd be interested to know if he ever had her declared deceased after she "disappeared". If he did not, that's just one more sign for the authorities that they've got their eyes on the right POI because he knew she'd never come back to call him out for polygamy.

August 4, 2023 article - indicates looking for husband.

[…]

The sheriff's office is asking anyone who may have known either Jeana or James Burrus or has information regarding her death to contact SCSO Detective Brian Ng at 941-861-4900.

[…]

August 4, 2023 article - indicates looking for husband.

The sheriff's office is asking anyone who may have known either Jeana or James Burrus or has information regarding her death to contact SCSO Detective Brian Ng at 941-861-4900.

They have spoken to the husband already according to a couple other articles. I don't think that locating him is an issue, so much as locating evidence and witnesses pertinent to the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back