Identified! FL - Sarasota Co., WhtFem 426UFFL, 30-45, breast implants, Feb'07 - Jeana Burrus *husband POI*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Hello All,​

SaraJane Doe’s NamUs page remains down and I’m bursting with curiosity and hope that they’ve got a solid match.

In 2020 WS member Minnesara posted that they had made a contact in the ME office for Sarasota to inquiry about DNA, and I’ve quoted part of their message below.

I’ve messaged Minnesara to let them know I’m posting this and to ask if they had any news, however, I fear he/she is no longer active.

Anyone want to reach out to the ME contact info they provided?
It’s not my wheelhouse but I know there’s lots of experienced folks out there who might try. TIA!

Minnesara

Jul 29, 2020 I wrote to the Medical Examiner last night asking “Could you tell me if any attempt has been made to run familial DNA on her?” Their very brief response today was:
Yes, the Sarasota Sheriff's Office is having that done.

Thank you.

David Winterhalter, F-ABMDI
Director of Operations
District 12 Medical Examiner Office
2001 Siesta Drive, Suite 302
Sarasota, FL. 34239
(941) 361-6909
Fax: (941) 361-6914

1691006746827.png

Sarasota County Sheriff’s officials are asking for the public’s help after skeletal remains found in 2007 that have been positively identified as a woman who was never reported missing.

Now, the sheriff’s office is seeking information from anyone familiar with the victim, Jeana Burrus, or her husband, James Burrus.

The victim was identified as Jeana Lynn Burrus, who was 39 years old when she died, SCSO officials said. She lived in the 6200 block of Pauline Avenue in Sarasota with her husband and son, ******* Jr., according to deputies.

Investigators said Jeana was never reported missing by family, which complicated SCSO's investigation into her death.

A woman who rents in the home that the family used to live in said investigators searched it a few months ago, but found nothing.

Jeana was unemployed, but her husband worked at a local auto body shop in the 5600 block of Sarah Avenue and her son attended Gulf Gate Elementary between 2005-2006. New management at the auto body shop where her husband worked said deputies also searched the property a few months ago and didn't find anything.

Authorities said the couple lived in Citrus County as well as Frederick, Maryland before moving to Sarasota County.

Anyone who may have known Jeana or James Burrus or may have information into her death is asked to call SCSO Detective Brian Ng at (941) 861-4900.

So where’s the husband and son now?

Why would her family not report her missing? Estranged perhaps? Or was she in a domestic violence situation and isolated?
It appears they moved back up north.
There is no indication they were estranged and no DV on record. This is only according to records I was able to review. I can say she was not the best driver! Quite a few tickets and lost her license for a while when living in Citrus.
There may have been some financial stress, as it appears they lost their home in Citrus to foreclosure right before moving to Sarasota.

I’m so very curious what story was told to family/friends.

Is this the same person. From a car accident in 2005 ?

Sounds like a pretty bad accident. She was thrown from the car.

Jeana Lynn Burrus was found in a shallow grave in 2007, say deputies in Sarasota County, Florida. (Images: Sarasota County Sheriff's Office)

After more than 16 years, deputies put a name to skeletal remains found in Sarasota, Florida, and yet that answer just leads to another question. Why didn’t the family of Jeana Lynn Burrus — a 39-year-old wife and mother — report her missing?

“The investigation into Jeana’s death was further complicated as she was never reported missing by family, and her whereabouts had not been questioned,” wrote the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office in a post on Wednesday.

Now, authorities are “seeking information from anyone familiar with the victim” or her husband, who they say never reported his wife missing.

James and his son no longer live in the family’s old Sarasota home on Pauline Ave., according to Fox13. The current resident renting the home told the outlet that investigators had searched the house in recent months but found nothing.

Fox13 also noted that investigators searched the body shop where James previously worked, according to the shop’s new owners.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back