Identified! FL - Sarasota Co., WhtFem 426UFFL, 30-45, breast implants, Feb'07 - Jeana Burrus *husband POI*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
With Michelle Walker looking very doubtful, Tamara Toy is looking a lot better.

Here is another "Tamara" and another "Walker" to consider:

Tammie L. Walker
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/walker_tammie.html

2362495340045078242S200x200Q851.jpg
walker_tammie3.jpg

The facial resemblance is not as compelling as Michelle Walker, and the timeframe (less than 4 months) is a bit short, and her weight is a little low but:

• Height (5'6") is within range.
  • Age (36) is within range.
  • Her hair has a reddish-brown tint, just as described.
  • Her hometown of New Port Richey is about 85 miles from Sarasota.

BTW, I think Tamara Toy is a closer match.

Nose is wrong, I think -- too long and thin -- but the rest of the face is close. I'm not sure what I think of it as a match. Tamara Toy certainly seems closer.

P.S. the longer I look at it, the closer the resemblance seems.

Nose is wrong, I think -- too long and thin -- but the rest of the face is close. I'm not sure what I think of it as a match. Tamara Toy certainly seems closer.

P.S. the longer I look at it, the closer the resemblance seems.

On my Charley screen, Tammie Walker was the only one other than Tamara Toy that came close. But I agree - she doesn't come close enough.

Tamara Toy's nose is spot-on to the drawing, and so are her cheeks and chin.

I was previously focused on the cheeks, thinking that they were different, but I am realizing that the difference is due to her smile. In the photo furthest to the right where she is not smiling, the cheeks are much closer to the drawing.

If there is anything inconsistent, it is that I don't see any reddish tint to her hair, except for possibly the photo with the blue background. Of course, we don't know how recent the photos are to her disappearance.

No, I have not been able to. If someone else would like to contact LE about Melissa, I have no problem. I am alittle swamped lately...

I have been wondering lately what became of the Melissa Walker submission.

Julessleuther: have you followed up on this lead lately?

I still think that Melissa is the strongest possible for this UID, although this one looks pretty good as well.

She looks a little old compared to the forensic drawing, but who knows how accurate the drawing is.

How about this:

Tamara Toy's residence at the Budget Inn was on the 8100 block of North Tamiami Trail in Sarasota (near Bradenton).

The google earth shot below shows that the body was found less than 13 miles from Tamara Toy's residence.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=27.396427,-82.563205&daddr=Ashton+Ct,+Sarasota,+FL+34233&hl=en&geocode=%3BFfMtoAEdfoIV-ylvqC_ESkHDiDE9GyuGjzgWLQ&gl=us&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=0&sz=18&sll=27.395779,-82.563602&sspn=0.003515,0.005466&ie=UTF8&ll=27.332735,-82.474022&spn=0.225084,0.349846&t=h&z=12

On my Charley screen, Tammie Walker was the only one other than Tamara Toy that came close. But I agree - she doesn't come close enough.

Tamara Toy's nose is spot-on to the drawing, and so are her cheeks and chin.

I was previously focused on the cheeks, thinking that they were different, but I am realizing that the difference is due to her smile. In the photo furthest to the right where she is not smiling, the cheeks are much closer to the drawing.

If there is anything inconsistent, it is that I don't see any reddish tint to her hair, except for possibly the photo with the blue background. Of course, we don't know how recent the photos are to her disappearance.

You are right. I was very bothered about the shape of her face until I read this post and blew up the third picture of her face, they are almost identical. I think that I read in the article that they only used the skull to do the reconstruction. Tamara's neck seems so thick though, while the one in the sketch is thinner. Would drug use cause her to lose weight? Why the discrepency? is there an explanation for that? Im just curious. These things interest me.

Question, (apologies for the interruption) if a UID has been buried for months (7-12?) how accurate can the nose part of the sketch be? At this point of decomposition isn't the nose just a guess? I know that reconstructions can be done based on skin thicknesses in certain areas of the face etc but I am really interested in how they come to so much detail about a nose when the body is in such an advanced state of decomposition. Serious question and please forgive my ignorance on the subject. TIA

PS. I love the work all of you do here. It's all very intriguing.

Question, (apologies for the interruption) if a UID has been buried for months (7-12?) how accurate can the nose part of the sketch be? At this point of decomposition isn't the nose just a guess? I know that reconstructions can be done based on skin thicknesses in certain areas of the face etc but I am really interested in how they come to so much detail about a nose when they body is in such an advanced state of decomposition. Serious question and please forgive my ignorance on the subject. TIA

PS. I love the work all of you do here. It's all very intriguing.

Noses and ears are made of cartilage, and are the last parts of a body to decompose. If there is any flesh left at all on the bones, there probably remains a somewhat intact nose and ears.

Also, I was watching a program about forensic artists on the Investigation Discovery channel, and they indicated that there are certain subtle things in the bones of the nose that indicate whether it is small or large, and whether it turns upward or downward. (but probably not the thickness)

Thank you Carl. TY so much. The TY button just was not good enough. That makes a lot of sense and in terms I can understand. I appreciate you taking the time to educate me.

You are right. I was very bothered about the shape of her face until I read this post and blew up the third picture of her face, they are almost identical. I think that I read in the article that they only used the skull to do the reconstruction. Tamara's neck seems so thick though, while the one in the sketch is thinner. Would drug use cause her to lose weight? Why the discrepency? is there an explanation for that? Im just curious. These things interest me.

I don't know what the explanation is, but I've noticed that women especially seem thinner after death. I've seen several photos recently where they say the UID was a heavy woman, but it doesn't show in the face at all.

At the request (via PM) by MargotKidder, I called the Sarasota County Sheriff's office this morning, and spoke with the detective in charge of this case.

She indicated that her recollection was that Tamara Toy had been looked at and ruled out via dental records, but she would call me back to verify that. I also asked her if she had a rule-out list that she could make available to the public, and she said that she would look into it.

At the request (via PM) by MargotKidder, I called the Sarasota County Sheriff's office this morning, and spoke with the detective in charge of this case.

She indicated that her recollection was that Tamara Toy had been looked at and ruled out via dental records, but she would call me back to verify that. I also asked her if she had a rule-out list that she could make available to the public, and she said that she would look into it.

Just received confirmation from Skip Wood that Tamara Toy had been eliminated based on Dentals. I asked if he had a listing of rule-outs, and he said that he would pass my request on to the detective in charge. He said that he didn't think that publicizing a list would be a problem, but that the list is not very large because they haven't received that many tips.

While I had him on the phone, I mentioned the two Walkers (Tammie and Melissa), and pointed out that although Melissa's DLC was problematic, sometimes LE erroneously lists the report date as the DLC.

He said that his recollection is that Tammie has already been looked at.

Thanks for keeping us updated, Carl. Not many tips? That's so sad.

Most "dancers" have breast implants as this doe did. Would be wise to send a flyer with the sketch and info to the strip joints to the surrounding cities/counties.

I don't know what the explanation is, but I've noticed that women especially seem thinner after death. I've seen several photos recently where they say the UID was a heavy woman, but it doesn't show in the face at all.

...of course it would depend individually who is calling someone heavy. Heavy could mean anything from just-not-thin all the way to obese. Thats why its so important to keep an open mind when searching for matches.

On a different message board awhile back we were discussing how much the soul weighs..possibly 21 grams...so they're not losing weight after death, just unfair descriptions most likely!

...of course it would depend individually who is calling someone heavy. Heavy could mean anything from just-not-thin all the way to obese. Thats why its so important to keep an open mind when searching for matches.

On a different message board awhile back we were discussing how much the soul weighs..possibly 21 grams...so they're not losing weight after death, just unfair descriptions most likely!

Good point, though I was only thinking of the discrepancy between stated (estimated) weight and appearance in the photo, in the physical and not the cultural sense. A 5'8" woman who weighs 160 lbs., as Woodlawn Jane Doe, for example, usually shows it a bit around her neck and jaw, but in the photos her face and neck seem thinner than that.

Yeah, there is certainly a resemblance. I wonder if SJD was decomposed enough to eliminate the tattoos if there were any.

The height is a little tall.

Anything could happen to her weight over three years, so I wouldn't focus too much on weight.

The side-view drawing depicts a woman with a stronger chin, but it's only a drawing.

I'd call them on this one.

Side by sides -- edited to add another side view from Charley project, where Margaret Leader is holding her head in a position more similar to the sketch. Makes a big difference to the chin.

This looks extremely close to me. Yeah, send it in.

Attachments

• 426UFFL1.jpg
    426UFFL1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 46
  • img_2205.jpeg
    img_2205.jpeg
    24.7 KB · Views: 42
  • leader_margaret2.jpg
    leader_margaret2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 43
  • leader_margaret5.jpg
    leader_margaret5.jpg