DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Guilty! Dui manslaughter
Guilty! Vehicular homicide
Thank goodness and about time.

Guilty all counts - jurors polled, all "Yes."
Judge remands Goodman & off he goes.

Bond revoked, JG in jail until sentencing. Hopefully this time it sticks. Thank you to posters who contributed links, tweets and photos. It's so different following a trial with so few other posters so :tyou: for being here.

Cathy retweeted
ChristineStapleton ‏@StapletonPBPost 5m5 minutes ago West Palm Beach, FL
#GoodmanTrial press confrerence: max sentence 16 yrs - min 11 yrs. no credit for house arrest towards sentence

View attachment 62381

From Lochlynsmom

Bond revoked, JG in jail until sentencing. Hopefully this time it sticks. Thank you to posters who contributed links, tweets and photos. It's so different following a trial with so few other posters so
tyou.gif
for being here.

You said it, Lochlynsmom! I've never watched a trial with a crowd as "skinny" as this one was -- but, I must say, we were heavy on Quality -- great Mods and great regular Sleuthers.
:liar:========> :jail:

:happydance:

:websleuther::websleuther:

:grouphug:

Thank you borndem for posting all the tweets. So glad there was justice for Scott Wilson. Finally.

Why on earth was there so much jury tampering/misconduct/ etc. Finacial gain? Hired by the defendant? WTH?

One nagger: The defense team wants the judge to set a bond amount having to do with the appeal. (It wouldn't surprise me if the DT has already written it.) Any amount, IMO, would be postable (not a word, but you all get my drift) by Goodman. How will the judge handle this? I have no idea what is typical in Florida (if anything in Florida is typical).

This man has already had many, many days of walking around fairly freely that Scott Wilson will never have and hasn't had since 2010. How many polo games had JG played since Wilson died so horribly? How many tequila shots, steaks, movies, sex, sunny days, and even crappy rainy days? Grrrrr. That young man is dead. Can't this be a no-bond deal this time? $25 million -- no big deal; same for $50 million, I feel sure, plus the DT would prolly scream to high heaven at that amount. Yes, this is a worry. An appeal might not happen for 2--3 years, but again, I don't know what's typical in the Sunshine State.
icon8.png

Thank you borndem for posting all the tweets. So glad there was justice for Scott Wilson. Finally.

Why on earth was there so much jury tampering/misconduct/ etc. Finacial gain? Hired by the defendant? WTH?

Hi, Zuri, good to hear from you!

At this point, I think the tampering/misconduct thing is just some stoopid person hoping to cash in on someone (JG, not Kamsden) with big bucks who might have been willing to risk it -- I don't think it came from anyone connected with the interests of JG in mind. A good friend is one thing, but risking prolly a federal and a state felony wouldn't be worth it to most folks, especially if they are already "sitting pretty" as we say here in the South.

And notice how apparently quickly LE found this individual after Kamsden came forward. The interwebs is not private... Lots of smart white hats out there to zero-in on a bad guy, especially if he/she is more greedy than smart. I do hope we'll hear more on this little story...

One nagger: The defense team wants the judge to set a bond amount having to do with the appeal. (It wouldn't surprise me if the DT has already written it.) Any amount, IMO, would be postable (not a word, but you all get my drift) by Goodman. How will the judge handle this? I have no idea what is typical in Florida (if anything in Florida is typical).

This man has already had many, many days of walking around fairly freely that Scott Wilson will never have and hasn't had since 2010. How many polo games had JG played since Wilson died so horribly? How many tequila shots, steaks, movies, sex, sunny days, and even crappy rainy days? Grrrrr. That young man is dead. Can't this be a no-bond deal this time? $25 million -- no big deal; same for $50 million, I feel sure, plus the DT would prolly scream to high heaven at that amount. Yes, this is a worry. An appeal might not happen for 2--3 years, but again, I don't know what's typical in the Sunshine State.
icon8.png

Why should JG get to be free because his DT may appeal? Appeal won't do any good another jury will just find him guilty again! imo

JG should just get this over with and serve his 16 years in prison and not a fancy one for privileged people one for real prisoners. imo

I would think he would only get bond if the appeal is granted? Are they filing an emergency appeal? Regarding the jury tampering/misconduct nothing would surprise me at this point. Apparently one of his experts from the first trial is facing perjury charges in another case, just found that interesting considering the cash thrown at the defense experts

JG has postponed justice for too long I agree with you borndem. He is a middle aged spoiled brat.

Hmmmm. How 'bout dat? Thanks for the article, l-l's-mom! 15 minutes. No surprise.

From the article:

"He will be sentenced Nov. 19 and faces up to 16 years in prison."

Read more: http://www.wpbf.com/news/goodman-jury-foreman-we-had-verdict-in-15-minutes/29443982#ixzz3HxhHdtTG

I agree -- the jurors got it right. He prolly did hide from all the happenings at the scene, and tried to do his best to sober up & think of some story. During the festivities of the evening, he may have forgotten that he didn't have a driver, and then when it was time to leave, he may have been so drunk that he figured he could drive back home -- he knew the way & it wasn't that far to go.

IMO he wasn't headed home and I think he mentioned that on the stand in the first trial for sure. He said he was going for a frosty? He did ask Stacy to come party with him so....also poking around the internet I read rumours he had been in and out of rehab for a number of years so IMO driving impaired wasn't new to him but I agree he had a driver more often then not ;)

IMO he wasn't headed home and I think he mentioned that on the stand in the first trial for sure. He said he was going for a frosty? He did ask Stacy to come party with him so....also poking around the internet I read rumours he had been in and out of rehab for a number of years so IMO driving impaired wasn't new to him but I agree he had a driver more often then not ;)

Agreed, Lochlynsmom -- he said he was heading to get a Frosty -- was he, really? -- we'll never know. Maybe he was so fluffed he shot past the turn to go home. No matter, anyway. The street he had been driving before he turned onto 120th, was Pierson and it has a pretty long straight stretch -- enuff for him to build up some speed. Then he turned onto 120, another straight shot and paved to Lake Worth, and he may have been going too fast to make the turn for home -- unless he really was going to Wendy's (that story just didn't sound solid to me, but no matter). If he was going to the Wendy's on Lake Worth Road (did he say which one?), he should have made a left turn onto Lake Worth instead of continuing on 120th. Who knoze? I think he was that drunk. Sadly, it doesn't matter, but I never bought the Wendy's Frosty story.

Your poking around is verrrrry interesting! If the rehab story is true, and it sounds very likely to me, no wonder he had a driver. Some people go to jail for DUI, some get a good atty and go to rehab -- it happened here after a DUI death and 3 years jail for the DUI driver (with plenty of bucks) who, at a speed of 85 mph, killed a young woman. Upon the advice of his atty, he immediately went out of state to rehab. Grrrrr.

"The rich are different."

Thanks for the poking around! ;)

Honestly borndem I zoned out during that testimony lol! All I remember was him saying he wanted a dang frosty but SS had say previously he wanted to "party" read-find cocaine. I found the in and out of rehab gem in a comments section of an article but was able to wrestle up a couple of links ;) This case really burns me up, the fact that he thinks he can buy his way out of it. I hope the judge denies he's home confinement this time around. Praying for justice for Scott Wilson, finally.

http://www.floridanewsgrio.com/ente...n-goodman-is-x2018-a-social-person-x2019.html

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/wellington-polo-mogul-goodman-faces-scrutiny-after/nL4rX/

Good little articles here -- thanks for digging and sharing. This is an ugly remark, but I will say that it's easy to be good when things are easy -- JG, by being born in that particular family (through no choice of his own -- just luck of the draw), had it pretty easy. He fell in love with polo and did a lot of work & spending to bring it back in a big way to Wellington. There's nuttin' wrong with that. He gained a lot of friends, known to him and not known -- not a bad thing, either. He may certainly have had some personal demons, but we know nothing of that... And a jones for cocaine is easy to understand -- it's good stuff, it makes good times better, and if you're with a group who indulges (it's an expensive party favor, fer shure), times can be lotsa fun. Okay, I'll buy that. You do your thing, I'll do mine. Just don't get behind the wheel... Stay inside with your friends and party. No biggie.

But, but, but... Then the worst thing happens. All he knows to do is run. As so many who can, do. (Again, I am not mitigating anything this man thought or did or said before or since that horrible, horrible night). IMO, he is still trying to go the easy way -- it's tuff for "regular" people to find ease in this type situation, but he has -- up to now. He was able to delay things after the first trial, and that juror did screw up pretty badly. But now JG is in the jailhouse. What a wallop. And his attys are prolly scrambling to find any stick or straw for him to grab and climb out of his current residence... We'll see.

I have a lot of respect for the judge in this case -- I think he is even-minded, intelligent and patient. He never seemed to get ruffled or upset at anything that happened. To him, IMO, JG was just another defendant -- as it should have been. I do think he'll give him a stiff sentence as he did the first time. No reason to make it less. I think it'll be 16 years for him again, as many of us have said. And JG has only just begun counting all those days. Visitors will be okay to see him, and he should have his own bed, clothing supplied by Florida, and 3 squares -- more than a lot of folks get for free. He'll survive, and he will walk out of there one day in 2030. And then it will be easy for him again.

End of rant.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back