FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
found this one, good size reference next to the hand

ahhh so sweet... my daughter 33 yrs ago weighed 2lbs 2 oz .. was 12 in long.. she is around 5' 2" now and won't mention her weight.. lol

I had her just a 3 days shy of 3months early..

Little Shannon is so darling.. so tiny..

Hope Shannon comes home soon..

Channi, thank you so much for sharing Shannon's newborn pictures. She was so tiny and cute!

More Prayers for her and your family today, I pray the trip for Grandma goes swiftly and safely.

yes , Thank you Channi for sharing about Shannon and her pics.. I wish the best for you and yours and darling Shannon.. May she come home soon.. Prayers are with you all..

Was wondering if there is any confirmation if Shannon was actually premature or had an illness?
From my own experience i know how preemies can start out so very small and turn out so big our 3rd son was 12 weeks early and weighed in at 1270 grams hes 10 now and almost my size =/ and our youngest was 6 weeks early and was 2990 grams or about 6 and a half pounds he will be 7 months old tomorrow and is a whopping 17 lbs 8 oz.
Has any member of the family been out there searching or making statements I can understand the police protecting the parents if the rumors of their mental capabilities are true but where is the rest of this family? I would be out there if it were me heck i would be out there if it were one of my friends or neighbors children, not getting a good feeling about the lack of interest from the community there. The lack of press updates is even more frustrating!

Was wondering if there is any confirmation if Shannon was actually premature or had an illness?
From my own experience i know how preemies can start out so very small and turn out so big our 3rd son was 12 weeks early and weighed in at 1270 grams hes 10 now and almost my size =/ and our youngest was 6 weeks early and was 2990 grams or about 6 and a half pounds he will be 7 months old tomorrow and is a whopping 17 lbs 8 oz.
Has any member of the family been out there searching or making statements I can understand the police protecting the parents if the rumors of their mental capabilities are true but where is the rest of this family? I would be out there if it were me heck i would be out there if it were one of my friends or neighbors children, not getting a good feeling about the lack of interest from the community there. The lack of press updates is even more frustrating!

Yes. Go back to the early pages of the thread. There is a relative posting and a link to an article where she gave an interview saying the mother had a developmental disorder that the child inherited. I don't think she named the condition,.

I really would be curious to know if the mother of baby Shannon had any sort of help inside the home. I have just caught up with the thread and I don't know if in my haste to catch up I missed this information. Is the mother on disability of any sort? Perhaps receiving any state aid or help from the government that would make her eligible for services such as a visiting nurse or personal aid inside the home for help and guidance with parenting and services for her child? Thank you to anyone who might know.

I believe that Channi mentioned in an earlier post that both parents are on SSI and do not work.

Sorry but not reporting her missing until 11am??? WTH? That seems just downright neglectful even if you had a magic baby who slept daily from 3am-11am !Wouldnt you peek just ONCE during that timeframe?! Were Mom & Dad "passed out" and thats a regular occurrence in the home??? Get drunk/high and sleep away the morning & tend to the baby on YOUR schedule & not the babies? Call me a cynic but I think its obvious who is responsible for this "disappearance"....the "parents"!!

(NOTE:Id loooove to be wrong on this but sadly I dont think I am)

We really don't know too much about this couple. Maybe he works nights and it's normal for them to go to sleep at 3 in the morning and not wake until 10 or 11. .

sbm

Relative posting here said parents don't work & are on ssi ( both have low mental capacity) so how can they be capable to parent this child (also with same medical problem-big head/small body-as mom) alone? IIRC, same relative said family in tx offered to help but (mostly) father refused.

I have not read this thread yet. But I wanted to post a couple of thoughts before I forget them. I caught the last 15 minutes of Nancy Grace last night and it was focused on missing baby Shannon. I'm glad NG covered this story so quickly. But she really ticked me off last night. Within a 2 or 3 minute time span, she said that police don't believe there is foul play in this case, and then said that police don't believe the baby was abducted. WTF??? If the baby is NOT at the home, and they don't believe she was abducted, how could there not be foul play??? Even supposing that a relative came and took the baby in the early morning hours, for say safety reasons (this is all just hypothetical). That would still be an abduction. I understand that Nancy is just reporting what she has seen/heard about the case. But she didn't even question the conflicting reports, she just repeated them causing further confusion for her viewers.

Also, her comment about how "Suspicious" it is that a 7 month old child sleeps through the night, that ticked me off too. My son just turned 6 months old and he's been basically sleeping through the night since he was 2 months old. Sometimes he wakes up and wants a bottle, but more often than not, he will sleep 8 to 10 hours straight. It may not be the norm, but it IS possible.

I was more concerned with the childs weight and the timeframe she allegedly went missing. I know that all babies are different, but 11 pounds for a 7 month old seems pretty small. My son is on the small side and he weighs 15 pounds at 6 months. I'm concerned that these parents state they didn't check on this baby until 11 AM. I suppose that's kind of understandable if they didn't put her to bed until 3 AM. But then I have to question WHY would you not put your baby to bed until 3 AM? Do the parents keep an odd houred work schedule? Reguardless, I can't imagine not looking in on my son for 8 hours straight. The thought just freaks me out.

I sincerely hope this child is found safe and unharmed. But I have a really bad feeling that this case is going to end up staying close to home.

Between declaring that she didn't leave on her own (no kidding at 7 mos) and this statement:

It sounds like LE is sending a clear message. (Sounds familiar.) She's been missing since Saturday morning? I'm surprised this didn't get more coverage!

Interesting photo. That looks more like a newborn than a 7 mos old baby to me. I wonder why that photo or did they not have a later one? She doesn't even have hair yet. Is that what 7 mos looks like?

mycroft,
my profile picture is of my 6 month old son. He is on the small side. He also is just starting to grow some extra hair and still doesn't have much. Also, some babies lose the hair they are born with, go bald for awhile, and then the hair grows back in, sometimes a different color. However, it is JMO that this child is quite small at 7 months to only be 11 pounds. I don't know if that has to do with the medical problem that caused this child to have a larger sized head than normal??? I'm trying to catch up on this thread and the links, but I've seen some comments that one or both of the parents had diminished mental capacity but not enough for Child Svcs to take the child. Sorry, I don't have a link. It was a viewer comment on one of the first links posted in this thread.

Since the parents don't work, maybe 3am bedtime is "normal" for them. A relative posted here that the baby does have medical issues.

We really don't know too much about this couple. Maybe he works nights and it's normal for them to go to sleep at 3 in the morning and not wake until 10 or 11. My son works downtown Orlando and doesn't get off until 1 or 2 am so isn't usually in bed before 3 am and doesn't get up much before 11. Still doesn't explain what happened to the child, but I'm praying a family member stepped in and took her since there was concern about her welfare if in fact any of the posters who say they are family truly are. At least that gives us some hope that she's still alive and safe.

According to the gal who was posting yesterday as a relative (and seems to be) they don't work but collect disability (ssi). She said the mom is developmentally 13 or 14 years old. Before she got pregnant, the mom weighed less than 75 LBS at 5 feet tall. The relative commented the baby and mom probably have the same disorder.

A neighbor said: "(The mother) came by a lot to borrow cigarettes or use the microwave to pop popcorn,” Wilt said. “She would have the baby sometimes. They bragged about that baby everywhere, all the time. She was a totally happy and content child, always. We never once heard her cry.”

CPS was supposed to be making regular visits and wouldn't just hand the baby over to the mom (babies Gma) the local director said she wouldn't reveal anything due to confidentiality laws (unless the baby is deceased.

New to this thread, haven't read any other posts yet, so forgive me if I repeat something someone else has already posted.

I watched Nancy Grace last night, and kept thinking to myself that something doesn't look right with that baby. I know NG said the aunt (I think it was the child's aunt) said that the baby had a normal than bigger head, to which NG said, "I don't see anything wrong with her head, she looks normal to me". To me, the child's head looked big. (I know babies have big heads, but this is bigger than normal to me). Also, this baby is not smiling in any of the pictures. I know it takes a while for them to smile, but this poor little girl just doesn't look happy, and I hope she isn't being abused or negelected.
Her weight also seemed a little low. Was she a preemie? That could account, maybe for her head, not smiling and size. I was a preemie, and probably weighed 11lbs. at that age, and was develpmentally behind other children my age. I didn't walk until I was 18 months old, and was very, very small for my age. Oh yeah, and I had a big, melon head. :) But I'm fine now.

It sure looks like Child and Family Services failed this little girl. :(

I have to say though, my first child was sleeping 8 hrs straight by the time he was 7 months.

It sure looks like Child and Family Services failed this little girl. :(

I have to say though, my first child was sleeping 8 hrs straight by the time he was 7 months.

BBM

I do not think we should be placing blame on anyone at this point. We will have to wait until more information comes out publicly. IMO

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,571331,00.html

This report says the parents last saw her between 3 and sometime before 8am but did not report her missing until 11:23am they still have not named the POI publicly or mentioned the parents names! No real information to go on but at least a better look at the time frame.
Holding onto hope for baby Shannon

Thank you in advance for allowing me to vent.
New to posting here but I have to put my $0.2 cents in.
First, my hope and prayer is Little Shannon will be found safe.
Second, I am wondering about the "little or virtually no information" coming out. The Van that visits the home on occasion that was reported to be there on Friday night, Le is not describing it like they are looking for it. So they must know who it belongs to. Just guessing but maybe it belongs to the POI but,LE is not naming POI.

So they have a POI and a Van but they are looking in dumpsters/woods.
The mom said she put the baby in the woods covered with leaves.
The story line is just all over the board. There is nothing that flows with the limited information the public was given.

3 a.m. till 11 a.m. sleep
11 a.m. no baby
knock on neighbors door and tells them the baby is gone.
neighbor goes to the home and looks around
11:30 a.m. LE is called

Talk about walking around Friday night in neighborhood with baby
Talk about a Van in the drive way
Talk about a Van that comes over on ocassion
Talk about mom saying she put the baby in the woods and covered with leaves "if that is a true statement"
Talk about POI

Nothing is adding up.:banghead:

Just praying for a safe return of Baby Shannon.

The parents names are posted somewhere on web. I'll try to find it. . Mother is Tina and the father that may not be the real father is Rusty.

A search was suppose to have started again at 6a. Im only a few blocks from their home. I really really wanted to help, but as someone reminded me, Im 66 years old, and out of shape. That area is swampy, vine covered, difficult area to walk in.
So here I sit.

I sent a msg to adnod, and im waiting for his response. Is there another mod on duty now?

I hate to say it, but to me it adds up perfectly.
A child in the care of people that weren't capable.
Child disappears as tends to happen with kids in that situation.
Parents realized that their story wasn't good enough to make the cops believe it.
Cops don't believe it, parents are stonewalling; LE doesn't want to file until one of them cracks or they have a body to disprove the parent's claims.

Unfortunately, at the end of this, the sum total seems to be a deceased baby Shannon.
I can still hold out hope, but I admit it is thin and unrealistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1