GUILTY FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that last night. The name the poster used was something like "Websleuther" and assured Tab she would be treated well here. I was :waitasec:.

LOL She would have learned fast to control her hot temper.

Part of that and the trollish feeling she gave could be attributed to Topix, as they seem to allow it to go on. She might have posted in a different manner alongside Websleuthers, Ya Ya

When they intend to terminate the parent's rights, they don't allow visitation. She will never get that baby back, so that comforts me.

Actually the parents are allowed visitation on a TPR. My grandson's mother is in the process of having her rights terminated as we speak and she still has visitation with him and his half brother. TPRs take around a year to go through unless the parent signs away rights to the child.

ETA: Visitation is supervised by a case worker.

Are they talking about termination? I don't know if I'd go that far yet :(

If they aren't allowing visitation, then that's the path it's on.
Her mother endangered her child's life, allowed her to be the focus of a massive search, and for five days told the same lie to law enforcement. Even if she was influenced, I would say this is the most clear cut definitive case for termination of rights that I have ever seen, short of a parent that actively attempts to murder their child.
Tina didn't care, or she would have said something. I am sure they pounded into her that her baby's life was in danger, regardless of who she was with. She showed a blatant disregard for the child's life.
I support termination for this woman.

Actually the parents are allowed visitation on a TPR. My grandson's mother is in the process of having her rights terminated as we speak and she still has visitation with him and his half brother. TPRs take around a year to go through unless the parent signs away rights to the child.

Not all the time. It depends on if the parent fights for visits or not. And the age of the child. And the level of abuse or neglect.

Thank you NMK, I see your side.
So, even if you feel her mental deficits (which we don't know to be true, or the extent of course) led to her implicit trust in/manipulation by this monster....you feel termination is best?
Looking at it the way you presented it, perhaps it is, as who knows it won't happen again :(

Poor Shannon looks so sweet and mild manored I hope she just gets a normal mommy and daddy so she can grow up happy.

Thank you NMK, I see your side.
So, even if you feel her mental deficits (which we don't know to be true, or the extent of course) led to her implicit trust in/manipulation by this monster....you feel termination is best?
Looking at it the way you presented it, perhaps it is, as who knows it won't happen again :(

If Tina could be supervised closely by family or the state, at least until Shannon would be old enough to make her own basic care decisions, then maybe it would better for them to stay together.
On the other hand, if she can be influenced to do what she did this time, even if she meant no harm, what happens when a pedophile figures out that there is a perfectly naive woman, on her own, raising a baby girl?
Sometimes the best thing is the painful thing, and Shannon will recover from termination, she would never have recovered from the damage that could have been done.
I don't mean to imply that all mentally deficient or mentally ill people should have their kids taken. But there should be a certain level of functionality and ability to reason before a person is allowed to raise a child unsupervised.

The only way we would have hindered the investigation is if we revealed info that LE wasn't ready to put out there. And in that case, all of the info that we had, re: the true nature of Susan Baker went to them. If they wanted us not to spread the information, or if they wanted us to discontinue discussion, I am sure that would have been mentioned to EastCoast or Cleo. To the best of my knowledge, nothing of that nature was said. Confidentiality was ever requested, subsequently, it wasn't given.
Controlling the dissemination of privileged or sensitive information is the duty of LE in this day and age, so I hope that he doesn't mean to blame us for information that was public knowledge and should have been acted on long before we caught on.
He may have also been responding to a specific idea or thought, like they had to move fast to get her out before the bloggers saw her at the hospital and tipped the media, or something of that nature.
Can anyone give the context of the statement.

Off my soapbox.

My take on this would be, any time he wanted to shut us down, he knew where to find us!!! Even if it was just a request coming from their office, legally I am pretty sure that would have been the best he could try, we undoubtedly would have stopped. Wouldn't have been the first time we were asked not to discuss something. TMK Tricia has always complied.

Because our purpose here is to discuss and share ideas, not to hinder an investigation....

PS feel free to pull out your soapbox whenever needed. You're among others who care...;)

One more thing that scorches my heiney. Why is attempted murder a lighter sentence than murder? It's one of the few places a person can be rewarded for incompetence.

Just wanted to get this in real quick even though it's not important, but it bugs me anyway. :crazy: I don't know how many of you used to read Steve Huff's Crime Blog back in the day, but he would always remind us that those of us that post here on forums are not bloggers. Bloggers would be the keepers of the blogs, such as Steve Huff himself. Why does everyone call us bloggers?

My take on this would be, any time he wanted to shut us down, he knew where to find us!!! Even if it was just a request coming from their office, legally I am pretty sure that would have been the best he could try, we undoubtedly would have stopped. Wouldn't have been the first time we were asked not to discuss something. TMK Tricia has always complied.

Because our purpose here is to discuss and share ideas, not to hinder an investigation....

PS feel free to pull out your soapbox whenever needed. You're among others who care...;)

All I have to say is...if the "blogging" is what made her spend one less minute with that monster and in that box...I'm happy to have hindered and would do it again in a New York minute!

What is this about Shannon cannot cry? doesn't smile and might be used to being in a box? Is that what I have been reading here?
Is it because she has never had a normal baby life?
or is it her health condition?
Does she roll over?

O/T
For those wondering, my dryer apparently caught fire because my house was last rewired about 1940 and my breakers are so outdated they are technically illegal. (In my defense, I didn't know that.) So I need a wiring overhaul, some carpet, paint, drywall, and a new dryer.
Consider this a public service announcement to check the dates on your breakers, and find out how long they were intended to last.

What is this about Shannon cannot cry? doesn't smile and might be used to being in a box? Is that what I have been reading here?
Is it because she has never had a normal baby life?
or is it her health condition?
Does she roll over?

In the DCF report it was documented that she rolled off of a bed which resulted in a trip to the ER. Then again, we don't know how true the "rolling off the bed" part is.

If they aren't allowing visitation, then that's the path it's on.
Her mother endangered her child's life, allowed her to be the focus of a massive search, and for five days told the same lie to law enforcement. Even if she was influenced, I would say this is the most clear cut definitive case for termination of rights that I have ever seen, short of a parent that actively attempts to murder their child.
Tina didn't care, or she would have said something. I am sure they pounded into her that her baby's life was in danger, regardless of who she was with. She showed a blatant disregard for the child's life.
I support termination for this woman.

ITA- and this says it all....

According to deputies, Crystina Mercer told deputies that Susan Baker wanted to take permanent custody of Shannon and Crystina agreed. She handed her over at 1:30 a.m. on October 31st at Crystina Mercer’s mobile home. Mercer later called authorities and reported her daughter as kidnapped.
http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=291

So I guess part of what SB said was true about Tina not wanting Shannon anymore.
But I'm furious that both of them kept their traps shut for 5 days, wasting police resources, and panicking those that really love Shannon.
Thankfully though, Shannon has tons of loving extended family who are eager to care for her in the way she deserves. Its just a shame that Tina didn't call on any of them if she couldn't cope with the demands of being a mom anymore.
People are treading lightly because of Tinas condition which might be politically correct, but if teens can be charged as adults, I see no reason why Tina should be treated any differently.
SB may have been the 'brains' behind it, but Tina chose to lie about her daughters wherabouts, putting her in serious danger with the monster that is SB.
Now lets get busy finding Paul, and pray for another happy ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member