FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The child's mother notified police around 6:30 p.m. that her daughter, Summer Renee Thompson, had not returned home from school."

OMG......what time did these children usually get home from school? 3 or 3:30?

6:30 she reported it????

crocus, it looks like it was reported at 5 pm according to the article at
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=146917&catid=3

The child's mother notified police around 5 p.m. that her daughter, Somer Renee Thompson, had not returned home from school.

"The child's mother notified police around 6:30 p.m. that her daughter, Summer Renee Thompson, had not returned home from school."

OMG......what time did these children usually get home from school? 3 or 3:30?

6:30 she reported it????

Hmmm....other reports said 5:30. The point is, she's been known to have a history of this before. She hasn't ever stayed away this long, however. That is according to early reports.

Did you all notice the large wooded area going north on DeBarry and to the left before it hooks up to Horton in the map, There is at least 2 ponds there as well. I wonder how big that is ?

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.as...213648034587_Gano Ave __&rtop=0~0~0&encType=1

in previous links it has been reported that the mother was out looking for a time and flagged down a patrol car that passed her by as she was looking.

So it's not known if her Mother was in fact at home at the time the children got out of school? Or maybe she got home from work at a later time and Somer or Summer was not there?

A blogger stated there is a TWO MILE bus limit! Oh my gosh! And I complained that our town's limit is one mile for HIGH SCHOOL! That's not good at all, in my book!

I can practically see my sons school from my front yard, we have bus services... I should say door to door services, we dont have bus stops they pick each child up at there house. I still dont know how they get all the kids to school at decent hour by doing that,

Hmmm....other reports said 5:30. The point is, she's been known to have a history of this before. She hasn't ever stayed away this long, however. That is according to early reports.

She's known to have a history of this? Oh, that makes me want to cry.....fgs, she is only 7!

So it's not known if her Mother was in fact at home at the time the children got out of school? Or maybe she got home from work at a later time and Somer or Summer was not there?
it has not been reported as to exactly WHEN the mother started her own search...

She's known to have a history of this? Oh, that makes me want to cry.....fgs, she is only 7!
my own son is a culprit of this... he has adhd and gets deviated between school and home especially when we have been in places he had to walk... He would wander off to a friends or get distracted in between point A and B.. but I was all over it within minutes of him wandering off... He was and still is at eleven.. very independant and I have to be all over him like white on rice! Just saying that she may not have run away in the past but been distracted/delayed from point A to point B which made her late and made her family scramble around to find her? Just a thought?

Have to leave for awhile. I hope there is good news when I get back!!!

I really hope they are checking that apt complex on Wells rd good!! I am sure they are....that place gives me the creeps.....but like I said earlier....with all the traffic that goes thru that neighborhood on Deberry....if someone picked her up there, she could be anywhere......you could drive all around that neighborhood and see the usual one or two cars, but when you get to that one particular road, the traffic is pretty much non stop....

How old are the other siblings and how many siblings are there?

my own son is a culprit of this... he has adhd and gets deviated between school and home especially when we have been in places he had to walk... He would wander off to a friends or get distracted in between point A and B.. but I was all over it within minutes of him wandering off... He was and still is at eleven.. very independant and I have to be all over him like white on rice! Just saying that she may not have run away in the past but been distracted/delayed from point A to point B which made her late and made her family scramble around to find her? Just a thought?

I understand what you're saying.....distractions happen and lalalalala ~ and before you know it an hour or so has gone by.

But, this many hours?

My gosh, I am having a hard time keeping up with this thread already. Wish there was this big of a draw to other cases here.....

Checking out for a bit. Hoping for good news later.

I am so worried about Somer. It has been too many hours now for her to have just been hiding. It's now 12:30 am in Orange Park. I hope and pray she's found safe, but I just don't have a good feeling about this right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro