FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The people searches indicate W. R. O'cain - age 89.

When I found that link the age fits - it's just as if the people searches don't know he died in 08. (I don't really know how those search sites gather their info.)

Please don't feel like you should pay on on my account. I am not sure of anything.

If anyone does pay to find out though - would you be so kind as to share. TIA

Heck I may even decide later to do it - It's just that I tell myself I should not start that habit - it would be easy to do often.

ETA - link https://www.legacy.com/timesunion/deathnotices.asp?page=obitfinderorder&personid=120787889

I found him in Social Security Index

William R. Ocain
dob 1/26/20
dod 11/26/2008
age at death 88 years, 10 months
city Orange Park
county Clay
state Florida

He was asked by police NOT to come to FL? Why would they do that?

I think he was asked not to come on the day the body was discovered, probably because no one was going to be able to see it.

IMO, I keep thinking perhaps it was someone who knew Somer or her family and just happened to see her upset and walking home alone. They may have offered to give her a ride home and she willingly accepted. Has anyone ever figured out how this CWG who is an RSO and who is also listed on the missing person's report is connected to the family?

It was said to be a "mistake," that "someone" reported IDing him but it was someone else. This really bothers me. My understanding is that CWG had failed to register in Clay County, and then he went recently to Texas. Something not quite right here. JMO

I've been thinking of this case night and day. I am so sadden by the killing of this gorgeous young baby.

As far as who I think it was that killed her I can say it's most likely someone she knew. Any male in her life is a suspect in my eyes. This includes SP who is my prime suspect, then it's her mom's boyfriend and any local teen in the neighborhood whom could have a car etc. Hell it could even be her grandfather or one of her aunt's boyfriends or her babysitter's boyfriend or brother. I can't even exclude a friend's father or anyone at school like a teacher etc. Of course, neighbors as well are suspects.
I find it very strange that she had a fight with a girl in school that day and that her sister fought with her over it. Maybe she was being chased. Perhaps the girl called someone to hurt her. I know I was hurt by a neighborhood kid who threatened to kill me at the age of 9. He finally broke my leg one morning when I went to school alone. So we have lots of suspects. I still think the number one suspect is SP or possibly mom's boyfriend. I think mom had been seeing SP and her boyfriend could have gotten jealous. Jealousy is a big motive for killing.
That's my take. Every male is a suspect especially whom she knew.

liar, no empathy, narsisist, pychopath, acts squirrely, odd........usual pattern.
He doesn't have to change appearance because if he is local, he can act like no one knows anything because he won't go any where.
Pat does not agree with sherrif..........

Don't know why changes would matter, or even be noticed anyway, since most of them are going to occur over a long period of time, except for cuts and scratches. Unless the perp takes to wearing a fake beard and mustache, now that would be obvious.

I agree.

I don't know how LE can say they clear 161 Sex offenders.

Is all sex offenders dna on file? even if they are....there no way the tests are back yet.

I said get dna from every neighbor,family and friends?

Door to door is what it will take. It was successful in catching the Baton Rouge Serial Killer, Monster DT Lee.

I am back on O cane - mispelled on purpose. I also think we should check back into Ick and Stick - regardless if people say they are good guys. Just look at BTK!!

Everyone I knew that lived in Park City thought Dennis Radar was a weirdo. a girl from work said her husband almost got ina fight with him over thier dogs. Dennis Radar was NOT known as a nice guy.

Does anyone remember who is the poster who knows R. O'cain personally?

Just a thought...but today I get an eerie feeling that this person is a known member of the community. I'm now thinking this was a crime of opportunity.

I'm thinking "grandfather" type, older man. Innocent enough to lure upset child. Maybe he was walking a dog or something. That would explain no one seeing or hearing anything.

He saw her walking upset and took advantage of the opportunity. Maybe he has fantasized about it for years. He could have had her there Monday night and panicked with the police presence. I know some times these people stay "bottled up" for years.

Where is her backpack?

I hope it wasn't some connected to the school, like a sub.

Profiler

Believes it is someone in community. Disagrees with popo about changed behavior but not entirely - as this person is a Sexual predator, Psycho Path - so what would be different of that person now than before.

__ so I guess that our confirmation on that part.

I agree. Sexual predators know how to get close to a family and their children. It would make it easier if they stood out somehow. We had one move into our neighborhood and I have a friend that befriended him because she said he said he didn't do it. She believed him because he was so nice. I told her that is what he wants you to think. Thankfully, he was renting and when the lease was up he had to move.

I found him in Social Security Index

William R. XXXX
dob 1/26/20
dod 11/26/2008
age at death 88 years, 10 months
city Orange Park
county Clay
state Florida

I see everyone is still looking at this guy down the street from Somer's. I just got back online and haven't caught up on any reading...too impatient:crazy:

When I was researching him last night, I saw that he is a realtor. What better job to have...access to empty homes. May I ask if anyone has dug any other interesting tidbits about him? I just don't get why he knows that Somer was always looking for someone to play with, how she acted, etc. etc. He's an older guy...doesn't appear he has kids or grandkids her age...how would he know this?? TIA

Where is the neighborhood trash taken before it is taken to Georgia? I know I read that there is a local facility that it's stored in before it is hauled to Georgia.

This is an area that we have not looked at but one that has stayed on my mind. Maybe the perp lives near this area? Maybe the body was placed directly in one of those trash containers? Maybe she was never in the neighborhood trash or a dump truck?

Is this trash storage site at a remote location?

Maybe someone snatched her quickly, drove to a home near this trash storage facility and dumped her body there. Was this trash location ever searched prior to trash day? If so, maybe the perp lived close enough he could tell when they had already searched it and disposed of the body once they had completed their search there.

If you think about it, if the perp put her in his car and drove off. He had time to do whatever he was going to do before they ever got around to searching those trash containers at the first storage facility.

I don't even know if it's possible for someone to go into this area and dump their own trash but it's something we should know. Are there locked gates around this area?

We really need to look at this area, does anyone remember where that facility was?

The reason that I think this was likely a dumpster instead of a residential trash can is based on personal experiences around my town. Not saying all towns are this way, but around here if you put anything near 65 lbs in a trash can, it'll definitely be left behind by the trash collection team. I've had them leave behind a can with (2) 25lb bags of play sand in it. Our weight limit is 45 lbs. If they think it;s even slightly over that, they leave it.

Also, let's say one could manage to fit a 7 year old, 65lb girl, into a trash can... I don't think you'd be able to fit much more, and that would be a high risk of being noticed. A can being that oddly over weight, someone would be likely to be watching to see what would be coming out as they dumped, or even inspecting it prior to dumping.

Sure, she could have been in a bag or wrapped, and this could definitely have been a residential trash can, but I think it's far more likely it was a small dumpster like one you'd see in a condo/apt community. Trash day for my town is the same for residential and also apt. dumpsters, maybe it's different elsewhere though. I do not know for a fact that Orange Park picks up both the same day.

It could very well be either at this point, but I have to lean towards dumpster based on what we know.

I have an idea...unless someone else has covered this. Have we looked at houses that are "for sale" in the immediate vicinity of where Somer was last seen??

IMO, I keep thinking perhaps it was someone who knew Somer or her family and just happened to see her upset and walking home alone. They may have offered to give her a ride home and she willingly accepted. Has anyone ever figured out how this CWG who is an RSO and who is also listed on the missing person's report is connected to the family?

Why did they say this was a mistake in the police report? Memory bank here is low on bytes... :) Can you jog my memory ??

passion that is pretty general.. we even heard that part... I don't think LE told him much cause doesn't want info out... just like we thought with dt.. they are keeping info close to vest...

I think he is blowing smoke... for attention.... I am sure he was told something like that.. one would guess that on their own without LE saying that..

I heard the father say that he isn't getting any information other than what has been put out to the public.........

Where is the neighborhood trash taken before it is taken to Georgia? I know I read that there is a local facility that it's stored in before it is hauled to Georgia.

This is an area that we have not looked at but one that has stayed on my mind. Maybe the perp lives near this area? Maybe the body was placed directly in one of those trash containers? Maybe she was never in the neighborhood trash or a dump truck?

Is this trash storage site at a remote location?

Maybe someone snatched her quickly, drove to a home near this trash storage facility and dumped her body there. Was this trash location ever searched prior to trash day? If so, maybe the perp lived close enough he could tell when they had already searched it and disposed of the body once they had completed their search there.

If you think about it, if the perp put her in his car and drove off. He had time to do whatever he was going to do before they ever got around to searching those trash containers at the first storage facility.

I don't even know if it's possible for someone to go into this area and dump their own trash but it's something we should know. Are there locked gates around this area?

We really need to look at this area, does anyone remember where that facility was?

I was thinking of something horrible maybe it was an angry garbage man who just threw her in the trash alive. It's probably not that but the person who did this is that sick.

I agree.

I don't know how LE can say they clear 161 Sex offenders.

Is all sex offenders dna on file? even if they are....there no way the tests are back yet.

I said get dna from every neighbor,family and friends?
somewhere upstream there is a link to an article today that quotes the sheriff as saying that the RSOs are not ruled out. Nothing popped out in their first meetings with them. None of them are cleared.

Everyone I knew that lived in Park City thought Dennis Radar was a weirdo. a girl from work said her husband almost got ina fight with him over thier dogs. Dennis Radar was NOT known as a nice guy.
Yes, but Ted Bundy was considered by many to be handsome, intelligent and charming.

Crime writer/ author Ann Rule worked shoulder to shoulder with him, and says she never suspected a thing.

Just goes to show the typical stereotype of these kinds of monsters is often wrong.

It could be anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member