FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Christee, I haven't finished adding all the SOs discussed after yesterday to this list but it might help as it is ... List (not in WS).
I'll def go through that list!

I seem to be on a mild success streak so I think I'll ride it as long as I can!
:dance:

Anyone else think it's odd that on NG they stated that they knew for SURE that the perp was watching all the media reports? How could they know for certain? We can speculate but really know for sure. . .
Makes me think they know who it is and are watching his reactions/movements in response to the information that they release to the media.

Christee, I haven't finished adding all the SOs discussed after yesterday to this list but it might help as it is ... List (not in WS).

Noway - what a great way to keep important information in one place!!!! Could we please please make a sticky of your signature? :angel:

102_1639-1.jpg
did I do this right?

So was Somer the Indigo child or was it her older brother or twin? Was it decided whether or not the older bro lived at home with the rest of the family?

I don't know if anyone ever decided on either one of the children as being considered an Indigo child. I believe the topic came up b/c SP's website talks about his work with Indigo children and some folks on here have speculated whether or not he was enlisted to help with one of DT's children.

Anyways, that (me, not so much) had me picturing

you sitting across the table from your neighbor having a cup of coffee and her droning on and on about it while you raise your eyes, check your nails and look at your watch occasionally.

Not sure how to take that, but that's fine... Actually, I find the stuff my neighbor is into to be fascinating and wish I had more time to study/learn about it. My job and small children don't allow me much extra time to delve into the types of things she studies. Really not much more to it than that - I'm not judging it one way or the other. I could go on and on but that's not really the point. Just wanted to defend myself just a tad bit... ;)

Ok, so if we go with that presumption, let's walk it thru. Somer was seen at the tanks at what time? do we know? Then if we believe this Kyle guy that she was at the house it would have probably been just a a minute or two later. Something also led the cops to the bathroom in the park across the street. So let's say she really does stop at the house and see Kyle. From there she heads to the park across the street. Someone could have nabbed her there, near the restroom. So how does she get back to house? But, if it's somebody that was working at the house and she got no further than the house then how did they hide her there why the V. guy was there? And I go back to him and Kyle being swabbed...seems LE would know if it's them or not. I just can't seem to work out how she would be at the park and then back in the house. Any theories?

Maybe the water was turned off at the house and the murderer went to the park to wash up, or maybe Somer went to the park then came back to the house. The kids were looking for her pretty quick though. Also, about the LE being SURE that he's watching the media: What if there is no Kyle and it was the murderer calling in to taunt while watching reports about that burnt house. Sort of like some of the crazy serial killers calling in talking to newsmen and reporters.

I think someone already said this, but maybe he went to the park to wash up since the water may have been turned off at the house. Or, maybe Somer went to the park then came back to the house.
Hhmmm...wonder if there was a Porta-Potty at the house for the construction workers-they may not have wanted to use it since the park RRs are so close to the house.

Somer's story inspires new school program
October 29, 2009
Last Update: 11:19 pm
<snipped>
Stonewall Jackson Elementary School on the Westside is starting a program called "Parent walk."

The idea is that moms and dads would go to assigned stations in the morning and afternoon and provide a familiar face for kids walking to and from school.

Those stations might be a street corner or the end of the driveway.

Since this is related to a Duval County School, parents who participate have to get a background check.

Video: A New Crusade 10/29/09 02:19
WHILE THEY SEEK JUSTICE FOR SOMER, LOCAL PARENTS SAY THEY ARE WILLING TO STEP-UP TO HELP PROTECT ALL THE CHILDREN THEY CAN
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=34460@wtev.dayport.com&navCatId=5

Article:
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...ew-school-program/w-r0aRCc1UC2lsQqy7DzaA.cspx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Folkston remembers Somer Thompson
October 29, 2009
Last Update: 9:34 pm
<snipped>
People gathered at the Charlton County courthouse to remember Somer Thompson Thursday night.

Several came out to show their support for the Thompson family.

Candles and posters were placed at the front of the courthouse. Prayers were said for Somer and parents were reminded to keep a close eye on their children.

Article:
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...rs-Somer-Thompson/uAVRVugU-EGcRQifRu301Q.cspx

:angel:

And for what it's worth, Mary Justino, the spokesperson for Clay County said this:

Investigators, said Mary Justino, public information officer for the Clay County Sheriff's Office, also have interviewed all remaining sex offenders living within a five-mile radius of the area where Somer disappeared Monday.

"We feel certain at this time we do not have any suspects who are members of that group," Justino said at a news conference this morning.

http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17635&page=31

Maybe the water was turned off at the house and the murderer went to the park to wash up, or maybe Somer went to the park then came back to the house. The kids were looking for her pretty quick though. Also, about the LE being SURE that he's watching the media: What if there is no Kyle and it was the murderer calling in to taunt while watching reports about that burnt house. Sort of like some of the crazy serial killers calling in talking to newsmen and reporters.

The water being turned off is a good point I've heard brought up before. I just don't see how in the short timeframe between her known to be missing and LE looking for her...sometime say between 3:15 and 5? that she stopped at the house, was nabbed by someone else, and they snuck her back into the house or lured her there. Not only would they have to be nabbing Somer during this timeframe but also watching the vacant house to watch the workers leave and get her back into the house somehow. Maybe I'm just missing something.:banghead: It would be SO helpful to know what time the workers left that vacant house!!!!

Hhmmm...wonder if there was a Porta-Potty at the house for the construction workers-they may not have wanted to use it since the park RRs are so close to the house.
the only porta potty I saw was down Fromhart St, beside the skate park, which is right past the Clothes Closet...

I found it....I have it after all....ONLY dumpster in the ball park...
102_1625.jpg
I just don't think someone would risk being seen out in the open where that dumpster is!
Unless he hid her somewhere and then waited till dark.

Ok, so if we go with that presumption, let's walk it thru. Somer was seen at the tanks at what time? do we know? Then if we believe this Kyle guy that she was at the house it would have probably been just a a minute or two later. Something also led the cops to the bathroom in the park across the street. So let's say she really does stop at the house and see Kyle. From there she heads to the park across the street. Someone could have nabbed her there, near the restroom. So how does she get back to house? But, if it's somebody that was working at the house and she got no further than the house then how did they hide her there why the V. guy was there? And I go back to him and Kyle being swabbed...seems LE would know if it's them or not. I just can't seem to work out how she would be at the park and then back in the house. Any theories?

The local reporter on HLN today said evidence was taken out of the mens restroom at the park.

Maybe that bathroom had some evidence left there. I think she was lured in the house, probably raped and killed rather quickly...hidden, he may have walked over to clean up then went back and disposed of her. Someone in that neighborhood that didn't look out of place IMO

Maybe that bathroom had some evidence left there. I think she was lured in the house, probably raped and killed rather quickly...hidden, he may have walked over to clean up then went back and disposed of her. Someone in that neighborhood that didn't look out of place IMO

Doesn't all this sound like whoever is responsible took huge risks and therefore might not have a documented history of this type of behavior?

I'm with you on that...it just would have had to happen after the workers left imo. Knowing when they left would give us the timeframe.

Ya know, I know I've already posted that comment I saw about Somer and how it was an "accident" and I know everyone has already discounted that, but I have to say, the whole dumping the body at 4am Tuesday morning in a dumpster near a restaurant that is close to the area really bugs me.

Now, I don't think there was any accident, but I think the dumping of her body could be accurate. I don't think Somer was dumped a block from home, but I would bet the person lived close to where she was dumped, within an area where he knows the relative traffic flow. If there is no vehicle, he would have had to dump her almost immediately.

I looked up garbage pickup times, but it was very vague. Garbage should be placed curbside by 7am, He would have had to place her body in an area where it would be undisturbed by searchers, so I would think that would rule out the most immediate homes and yards- he had to have her in a place where she would stay safely hidden until the timing was right for him.

This guy could have seen her running, upset and asked her what was wrong. Kids will go with strangers- this guy might have seen her in passing, and she recognized him, he said I'll take you home, let's get some ice cream, I have ice cream at home, anything an innocent seven year old would like.

I don't know, the whole case bugs me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member