FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to have to say goodnight ~ keep up the good work everybody and hopefully we'll have some new information tomorrow! :seeya:

If you beleive what the witness "Kyle" told a reporter, then Somer was last seen at the vacant house ALIVE. Where she went from there is anyone's guess. I would think that her siblings and family checked the usual places. The perp may have taken her to the vacant house after the workers left. Unfortunately, no real police work began until the next day. By then, it was too late. Maybe it all began in the restroom at the park. But what are the odds that no one would come in there and discover the perp and Somer?

I still think there was a car involved initially. I think the perp lives in the neighborhood. Even though LE thinks this is the work of a current registered SO, I don't. If it was, they would have him by now. This guy is a newbie and acted on impulse. It all happened very quickly and there was no way this little girl would live to tell about it.

JMO

:Welcome-12-june::newbie: Tainted Angel!
Sometimes you feel like a :snail:, sometimes you don't. :)

:cool2:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/...n/Somer Thompson/?start=40&mediafilter=images See page 2, there are several aerial photos of the Gano property...hope this helps :)

If I am looking at the right house, it doesn't look like there is any access to the back of the property. But I did notice there are plenty of trees and shrubs, and there looks to be a covered (enclosed?) patio. Possible that even if the house was locked, there may have been access to that patio. It would provide cover and a possible place to hide the body until a later time to move it.

And thanks for the welcome panthera and doggies.

If I am looking at the right house, it doesn't look like there is any access to the back of the property. But I did notice there are plenty of trees and shrubs, and there looks to be a covered (enclosed?) patio. Possible that even if the house was locked, there may have been access to that patio. It would provide cover and a possible place to hide the body until a later time to move it.

And thanks for the welcome panthera.

I think I misspoke before when I said there was a st on the other side of the house that ran behind it. I was using BingMaps and it displayed the wrong house, even though I typed in the right street address...1080. I just now figured that out. Sorry for any confusion :(

Thanks Alexandra for posting the pic's. I wonder how easy it would be to come into the back of the home from Bay Crescent.

In reference to the address that CWG used on the police report, he had a license issued to him in 2006 at this address... it does not expire until 12/2009

That would indicate to me that he was asked to produce identification when the police officer was talking to him and that the officer must have approached him. I mentioned before that I found it hard to believe that he would just voluntarily give his name and birthdate to a police officer investigating a missing child considering he's a RSO, nor would he want to be volunteering information either. He was pretty quick on his feet to give false work information. Question is...where was he and what was he doing at the time he was questioned?

The other possibility is that someone else is in possession of his driver's licence.

Maybe she was put in one of those huge lawn & leaf bags, they are big enough to put an adult in so a little child would fit in one with room to spare. No one would pay any attention to a lawn worker or a tree service worker discarding those large bags.

Glad you mentioned this.

Here is a thought. It has been said over and over here that city limits trash pickup is Tuesdays and Horton Drive's is on Wednesdays. Well, I was checking the zoning issues and found the following:

ZONE 1
Garbage on Monday
Yard Waste on Friday
Recycling on Friday
Generally includes Argyle, Oakleaf Plantation,
Brannan Field, Old Jennings Rd west of SR21,
CR 218 west of SR 21 and Clay Hill.

ZONE 2
Garbage on Tuesday
Yard Waste on Monday
Recycling on Monday
Generally includes Middleburg
south of CR 218, SR 21 south of CR
218, SR 16 west of Penney Farms and
all of Keystone Heights.

ZONE 3
Garbage on Wednesday
Yard Waste on Tuesday
Recycling on Tuesday
Generally includes Bellair East & West, Orange
Park Country club, SR 21 up to Madison Ave.
Doctors Inlet, Moody Road and Peoria.

ZONE 4
Garbage on Thursday
Yard Waste on Wednesday
Recycling on Wednesday
Generally includes SR 21 from Madison Ave. to
CR 220, CR 220 from SR 21 to Swimming Pen
Creek, Lake Asbury, CR 739, CR 209 to CR 315, and
SR 16 east of Penney Farms to and including CR 315.

ZONE 5
Garbage on Friday
Yard Waste on Thursday
Recycling on Thursday
Generally includes Fleming Island, Eagle Harbor,
all of US 17, CR 220 from US 17 to Swimming
Pen Creek, SR 16 east of CR 315 and SR 15A, CR 209
south of CR315 and Green Cove Springs.

-----

According to this, YARD waste is picked up on Tuesdays on zone 3 (Horton Drive.) General garbage is picked up on Tuesdays on zone 2 (city.)

I have seen the map that someone so gracefully has made to show the zoning, and it is easily understood why LE called the area where the garbage came from Somer's "neighborhood" - because the zone division is so close to Horton Drive.

Now, could Somer had been disposed of with the yard waste? Weight limits are not specified, only that it should not exceed 5 cubic yards per week. (Math scientists figure this one.)

:waitasec:

I know we've been over this a million times but something with that park directly across the street from the vacant house just keeps calling to me...and then we have some evidence being carried out of the restroom. I was just using google maps again, street view, "walked" across the street from the vacant house to the park. What better place for a pervert to hang out looking for prey than at a park by the swingsets. What if this whacko hung out over there for a period of time...saw Somer talking to the workers at the house from time to time...even saw her go in the house...maybe. People like that "attach" themselves to a kid and he could have grown increasingly jealous of Somer's attention to the workers...or the reverse...a worker's attention to Somer. It could have been totally innocent, but in his sick mind...they were moving in on his territory. I don't think for a minute this was the 1st time Somer got separated from her siblings on the trek home. So on this day, he sees he has a great opportunity and lures her across the street...she may have crossed the street on her own. Now if she was already in the house she might already have soot on her clothes. He wouldn't have had to take Somer to the house... what if he only put some of her things in the house?? Maybe he was trying to pin the crime on the worker because he was enraged with the worker talking to Somer. Ok..ok...I probably need to go to bed. But it could fit. It explains evidence in the house and eliminates the problem of the perp getting her in and out of the house after the workers leave. All he had to do was get rid of her body.

A. Carlson and sons live back behind this home if I am not mistaken....check with clay county prop. appraisers....I think that is where I found it....

You know, it kind of bothers me that the restroom wasn't given the same attention as the House on Gano, yet they retrieved an item from there. I still wonder if she stopped to use the loo on the way home.

A. Carlson and sons live back behind this home if I am not mistaken....check with clay county prop. appraisers....I think that is where I found it....

I hope that LE has checked out that family and others behind there because my gut feeling since hearing about that vacant house is that she went into the back of it and never came out which is why no one saw her back on the street at any point. I would imagine there would be lots of soot covered debris just laying around in the back of the house as well.

Houses in FL don't have basements, NMK. Here, you build a basement you've got an indoor swimming pool. (Too close to the water table.) :)
PS This, I do know. lol
Cut me some slack, I've never lived in FL. I am stuck in the armpit of N America, the wonderful state of Michigan.
That's why I tend to ask before a thought gets fully formed.

Glad you mentioned this.

Here is a thought. It has been said over and over here that city limits trash pickup is Tuesdays and Horton Drive's is on Wednesdays. Well, I was checking the zoning issues and found the following:

ZONE 1
Garbage on Monday
Yard Waste on Friday
Recycling on Friday
Generally includes Argyle, Oakleaf Plantation,
Brannan Field, Old Jennings Rd west of SR21,
CR 218 west of SR 21 and Clay Hill.

ZONE 2
Garbage on Tuesday
Yard Waste on Monday
Recycling on Monday
Generally includes Middleburg
south of CR 218, SR 21 south of CR
218, SR 16 west of Penney Farms and
all of Keystone Heights.

ZONE 3
Garbage on Wednesday
Yard Waste on Tuesday
Recycling on Tuesday
Generally includes Bellair East & West, Orange
Park Country club, SR 21 up to Madison Ave.
Doctors Inlet, Moody Road and Peoria.

ZONE 4
Garbage on Thursday
Yard Waste on Wednesday
Recycling on Wednesday
Generally includes SR 21 from Madison Ave. to
CR 220, CR 220 from SR 21 to Swimming Pen
Creek, Lake Asbury, CR 739, CR 209 to CR 315, and
SR 16 east of Penney Farms to and including CR 315.

ZONE 5
Garbage on Friday
Yard Waste on Thursday
Recycling on Thursday
Generally includes Fleming Island, Eagle Harbor,
all of US 17, CR 220 from US 17 to Swimming
Pen Creek, SR 16 east of CR 315 and SR 15A, CR 209
south of CR315 and Green Cove Springs.

-----

According to this, YARD waste is picked up on Tuesdays on zone 3 (Horton Drive.) General garbage is picked up on Tuesdays on zone 2 (city.)

I have seen the map that someone so gracefully has made to show the zoning, and it is easily understood why LE called the area where the garbage came from Somer's "neighborhood" - because the zone division is so close to Horton Drive.

Now, could Somer had been disposed of with the yard waste? Weight limits are not specified, only that it should not exceed 5 cubic yards per week. (Math scientists figure this one.)

:waitasec:

Now that you have mentioned this , I started to think think about Sheriff B comment re the landfill, he called it "Debris" not trash , garbage, refuse or waste. hmmm . When I think of debris, I think of construction waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member