FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's nothing in the house but studs, maybe they didn't even lock it. What's in there to take?
And as an aside, when I t/w my electrician hubby, he said putting windows in w/just the 2X4s up would be a crazy way to build a house.
I am right, right? Only the studs were up in the house?

It struck me that the house must be pretty well unfinished inside if they suspected soot from the home on the child or her clothes. In that case, I had been thinking they might not have locked it. Typically, they lock the homes in progress to protect against their equipment and supplies being stolen, but it sounds like this house was still in the clean up stage from the fire?

Latest from Putnam Co. radio

Click Here to Track this Offender
Designation: Sexual Offender
Name: Dwayne R Conley
Department of Corrections #: 958463
Search the Dept of Corrections Website
Date of Birth: 02/08/1969
Race : White
Sex: Male
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'05"
Weight: 132 lbs

Yet another creep, past, charged with sexual battery under 12 yrs. female.

Alexandra, have you tried googling Carolotta, instead? Only on very formal/legal documents does my hubby use his first name.

Yes, that's actually what I used first before I got the name Catherine. I can find her husband, Donald. Just can't connect Donald to Homer. Thought someone was trying get ancestry/family info on Homer to see if we could connect him somehow. If we show Homer with a brother named Donald, believe mid. in. was an E...then bingo. I used intelius so it won't be hard to find again...just put in catherine's name.

Yet another creep, past, charged with sexual battery under 12 yrs. female.

Horrible. Is there a way to tell, on the Florida SOR, when a person was released from jail (if they were even sent to jail to begin with)

Hi all. Sorry to intrude here. I am generally a lurker who comes out to post ever so often. I felt compelled after reading some of the information listed tonight about CWG's brother and the tree service. First, I will prefice by saying that I have lived in the Jacksonville area my entire life. This case has been so hard for me. I am a mother and cannot imagine the grief a parent feels in a loss, but also because it is so close to home.

But, back to why I am posting. I did a little digging the other night about the address that CWG gave on the MPR. The house is listed with 3 individuals. TR's was in real estate, but in 2005 I found a article stating that he worked as a sales rep for Eager Beaver Tree Service. I will try to link, but not sure if I know how. Also, the individuals who are listed as the phone number are divorced and have since remarried. I think maybe CWG was working at the house, in the tree business with this new company.

Link to TR article

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/mostpo...ee-trimming-truck/a6cfaWhiLk-i-uYxYaa9Ww.cspx

http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/08/tree-removal-truck-stuck.html

I think this was brought up earlier by chili fries:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4329422&postcount=581"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, age 7, missing from Orange Park, thread #4[/ame]

Sure would be nice if there were a definite connection somewhere...

If there's nothing in the house but studs, maybe they didn't even lock it. What's in there to take?
And as an aside, when I t/w my electrician hubby, he said putting windows in w/just the 2X4s up would be a crazy way to build a house.
I am right, right? Only the studs were up in the house?

I would think because of liability issues the house would have to be secured. To me, having only 2x4's means that the drywall wasn't installed yet inside. I would think that there isn't any reason to not put in windows with 2x4's as what would be holding up the roof? Although that seems like matchsticks holding up the roof. My hubby used to be a contractor. Do they build with 2x4's? But I live where there is snow so we have to have more substantial construction here.

Horrible. Is there a way to tell, on the Florida SOR, when a person was released from jail (if they were even sent to jail to begin with)

I'm not familiar enough with the records to tell. All I know to look at is the flyer and I don't see that info on it. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can answer.

I would think because of liability issues the house would have to be secured. To me, having only 2x4's means that the drywall wasn't installed yet inside. I would think that there isn't any reason to not put in windows with 2x4's as what would be holding up the roof? Although that seems like matchsticks holding up the roof. My hubby used to be a contractor. Do they build with 2x4's? But I live where there is snow so we have to have more substantial construction here.

All the walls could be "roughed in" meaning the support work or 2x4's is in place...it would have to be in order for the roof to be stable. The windows would go in because they wouldn't want the sub floor to get wet and cause water damage. It's also possible that somewhere behind view of what we could "see" from the street there was more work completed. And some contractors are silly enough to leave tools behind, not a good idea, but some do. All reasons it would have been locked up.

I'm not familiar enough with the records to tell. All I know to look at is the flyer and I don't see that info on it. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can answer.

I also have no clue. What I do know, we can obtain criminal hx. on each person but at $24.95 per perp we would go broke there is far too many of these Perp's around.

A few years back I had storm damage to my home. Our house had to have a new roof installed and new windows. They stripped the inside down to the frame throughout the house to do the cleanup and then began installing the drywall, flooring, fixtures etc.

Our contractor had several subcontractors come and do the various parts of work...such as a guy hanging sheetrock, another painter, a tile layer etc. During the entire work process until the house was nearly finished the door was never locked. We never knew on what day what sub would show up to work and they had to have access to the house. Obviously at the time we were not living at the house and had to work so there was no one there to open the house when they decided to show up and work.

None of the workers ever left tools or anything at the location, because they didn't work on the house day in and day out.

Not sure this is the norm, just thought I'd post that it would be possible that door was open especially if the owners live away from the area.

All the walls could be "roughed in" meaning the support work or 2x4's is in place...it would have to be in order for the roof to be stable. The windows would go in because they wouldn't want the sub floor to get wet and cause water damage. It's also possible that somewhere behind view of what we could "see" from the street there was more work completed. And some contractors are silly enough to leave tools behind, not a good idea, but some do. All reasons it would have been locked up.
I'd think one main reason would be potential vandalism. I remember when our house was being built (in a tract) we could walk through it whenever we wanted to to check on the progress. Looking back, I don't think it was such a great idea! Anybody could've gone through it and done some kind of damage that workers might not even notice before they proceeded with the next step.

I'd think one main reason would be potential vandalism. I remember when our house was being built (in a tract) we could walk through it whenever we wanted to to check on the progress. Looking back, I don't think it was such a great idea! Anybody could've gone through it and done some kind of damage that workers might not even notice before they proceeded with the next step.

I keep using my husband as a point of reference since he is a contractor and I probably shouldn't. He's a fanatic about locking everything up. And he would rarely if ever let anyone work on a job without being there to see what they're doing so maybe my perspective isn't the norm either.

The burnt house would have been gutted and maybe some of the studs replaced, roof , etc. I would assume there would still be soot around the perimeter of this house. JMO I truly feel she was murdered at 1080 Gano.

I keep using my husband as a point of reference since he is a contractor and I probably shouldn't. He's a fanatic about locking everything up. And he would rarely if ever let anyone work on a job without being there to see what they're doing so maybe my perspective isn't the norm either.
He's got the right idea though! I guess we still don't know if this particular house was accessible by just anybody after the workers left for the day ~ or for that matter who was there (besides Kyle?) when Somer passed by after school on 10/19. MOO

To be honest, I never thought about it at the time. The neighbors kept a fairly good eye on things for us, but I'm sure it wasn't a constant 24/7 vigilance. The contractor we used was from a town 70 miles from us because all of the local ones could not get to the job for several months. Some of the subs were local so it wouldn't have done any good to give the contractor a key so they could lock up. No way was he coming here 70 miles one way to unlock a door when someone decided to come work that day.

The burnt house would have been gutted and maybe some of the studs replaced, roof , etc. I would assume there would still be soot around the perimeter of this house. JMO I truly feel she was murdered at 1080 Gano.
I think her dad's comments about the soot definitely place her there and probably inside the house ~ but the question still is was the soot on her body or her clothes? And if she was killed there, whose trash was she put in? :waitasec:

In reference to the address that CWG used on the police report, he had a license issued to him in 2006 at this address... it does not expire until 12/2009

Yes...and as others have pointed out too, if they hadn't completed sealing areas damaged by the smoke then soot could have still been covering just about anything still in the house that was salvageable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay