FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ask myself the same questions. And the other question that always pops up is:

who would be most likely to hide in plain sight. or
who could most easily hide in plain sight.

That question always takes me away from RSOs because they will always be the first to be questioned.

My guess is that there are far more SO, especially those who target children, who haven't been caught vs those who are known and registered.

I know we can't focus on those not yet caught, but in my opinion, they make up the majority who continue to do the damage. It could be the neighborhood guy who holds his child victim hostage with death threats and finally acts on his threats - or a murderous child predator who has become comfortable with his mo. Either way, they all have a sense of entitlement that makes it okay to prey on children - so imo hiding is just another game to them. all just my opinions

does anyone know what time the crossing guards are there until??

I'm thinking if Somer was hanging out talking to Kyle at the house on Gano Ave for a while and then trekked up the road after talking to Kyle, the crossing guard may have left already and therefore would not have seen her.

I don't know?? She could have walked that far, maybe trying to go to her brother's school (who knows what goes through the mind of an upset child) and then walked back down. She would of had to of passed her turn (again) but maybe she was set on going somewhere else, the park maybe?? Or maybe she walked that far and was lured away up there? the focus would still be solomon and gano if for some reason she ended up back there by some other means.

Yeah, but if she had done this, the crossing guard would have had TWO opportunities to see her. And the crossing guard did not remember seeing her.

My focus now is back at her school. (I am easily pulled into the vortex.) ;)

Okay I've got to leave here for a while, but what I keep coming back to in talking about the neighborhood and where Somer may have been that day is Kyle.
He puts himself at the home on Gano Ave. He puts Somer at the home on Gano Ave on the day and approximate time she goes missing AND it seems the house on Gano is a crime scene.
All just my opinions and observations.

ETA: admittedly I seem to be all over the map today with my theories :(

Okay I've got to leave here for a while, but what I keep coming back to in talking about the neighborhood and where Somer may have been that day is Kyle.
He puts himself at the home on Gano Ave. He puts Somer at the home on Gano Ave on the day and approximate time she goes missing AND it seems the house on Gano is a crime scene.
All just my opinions and observations.

That's important information - I find that I can't ignore it.

Questions for locals:

Are there other houses in this area that sustained fire damage?
Are there houses in that area with outside fire pits?
Are there houses for sale between the propane tanks and the school?
Do the homeless congregate in any area that we've discussed?

BBL

I can't tell if this is dumpster behind vehicles. This is OPE (Somer's school).

In Google Earth found picture of dumpsters by clicking on camera icon at 506 Stiles.

Dumpster (viewed in GoogleMaps)

Takes a few seconds, so be patient.

Somer went to Grove Park Elementary, not Orange Park Elementary. Your 2nd dumpster is at OPE.

The first one at GPE... you can see 2 dumpsters at your spot in Bird's Eye View on BingMaps.

Is William Davis(murder Fabiana Malave 10/29/09) on anyone radar?

I posted about the burgandy van that parked at the AA meeting place. A local recognized the name of the guy who drove the van on a police event report because the guy was ticketed on the stop that day (10/23??)for smashed back light or something like that. There is also a photo of him being stopped. He is wearing a big straw hat. the local is initially the one who posted about him but recently I think I posted a question or something about it.
Someone else chimed in about a white van that was stopped around the same location. Maybe if you search my posts for my posts about the burgandy van it will lead you to the white van comments.

Will do.

I don't recall seeing many searching down Gano past Bellair. We looked from Madeira up to a block past Debarry because we live on Madeira and just started from there. If we wish to be exact, we searched Madeira from Woodside Ave down Madeira past WE Cherry, up to Gano up to a bit past Debarry.

I've attached the image of where we searched the first night (we as in me and my family lines in red are the paths we took). The 2nd night I don't recall clearly. I was exhausted between searching and work. I started working with he who can not be named here on trying to narrow down a search area, and eventually turned into the search for her murderer.

There were lots of people out both nights of searching. People who weren't searching were bringing food and coffee, there were exchanges of new information (a lot of, "you hear anything new", "search around there yet?").

Media of course was out in force. Wife got interviewed, my son and I wanted nothing to do with that. They had vans with very bright lights and were sitting in a damn parking lot at OPJH, lights could've been more useful that first night actually looking or aiding the people looking. Guess it's only ok for journalists to make the news when it's about politics or something :furious:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    648.6 KB · Views: 23
I watched a clip today where the reporter said they stopped a white van in front of the house and she said she was told they are doing that alot and asking people if they were by there monday and did they see anything.

Do you recall if they showed the van itself? Do you remember where you saw the clip? Thanks!

Is William Davis(murder Fabiana Malave 10/29/09) on anyone radar?

Hi: posted about him a few days ago. Looked him up on the SO's site however I can not tell if its the same W Davis as this creepy guy. Some one the board did not think he was.

Somer went to Grove Park Elementary, not Orange Park Elementary. Your 2nd dumpster is at OPE.

The first one at GPE... you can see 2 dumpsters at your spot in Bird's Eye View on BingMaps.

I can't imagine that any school doesn't have dumpsters.

Walsh said that the perp might be someone coming out of retirement. Well it certainly seems like the perp came out of retirement for the Shannon case.

Walsh said that the perp might be someone coming out of retirement. Well it certainly seems like the perp came out of retirement for the Shannon case.

Do you mean the Shannon Paulk case? The psychic I asked to help with Somer's case did a viewing on that too and people and investigators made a link to 2 other girls in the Southeast, Heaven Ross, and Teresa Dean. I want to say all 3 were youngest daughters, lived in trailer parks, and had some kind of construction going on nearby. They all happened 2 years apart from each other and the sketch he drew of the suspect and the one investigators have seem the same though different than Somer's. 5-6 years difference could account for that though. Somer didn't live in a trailer park, but there's always construction of some kind it seems around here, and she was a youngest daughter. Weird.

I know there's been no new info in a long time....I gave up trying to catch up. soooo
finally to the last page for now in thread 15....
and OT boo, I'm here...certainly not everybody....but me
:>)

I've tried to find info on the 4 children from JAX 20 years ago. Has anyone else been able to find anything?

Here is a link to an excellent article I found at the time John Walsh mentioned a serial killer 20 years ago in JAX.
It was actually 5 children who disappeared and although I got the impression from JW the disappearances were somehow connected to one serial killer, apparently they weren't. (see article)

Based on JW credibility, IMO I think the focus on the RSO and theory of a SO crime gained momentum with his statement. Maybe that's what everyone was supposed to think...and it worked!
The more I listen and the less I hear, I'm thinking the answers to Somer's disappearance are getting closer and closer to home. This is just my opinion and I really hope I don't know what I'm talking about...KWIM?

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-10-25/story/is_it_a_different_world_for_our_kids

I'm sure they do, too.

However, they are probably not on the same schedule as the residential garbage (which I found out recently when attempting to retrieve my son's retainer from school after dismissal... not a good outcome).

I can't get over how MUM the LE and others are on this case...........
not 1 thing to sleuth anymore.........
I'm at a lost, til we get another clue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads