FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
and thats a very good line of insite too, I personally wouldn't even rule out a member of le either. who was it that came up with the idea of searching the landfill? yep a le official... talk about being in the spot light.. some of us don't want to think of le official as being capable of doing something like this, but in my opinion a child would hop right into a sheriff car in a second, especially since the neighborhood already had some odd things going on with someone trying to lure another girl into a car shortly before somers abduction. if it was a deputy, on second shift umm like a 3 to 11 shift then caring a body in a trunk till the shift is over wouldn't be un heard of, then dump the body in a dumpster prior to the shift ending, heck who would really pay attention to a sheriff deputy lurking around a dumpster site especially after a child went missing? its all a shot in the dark for me but its a plausable senario to be and jmho....

I wish there was some videos. I know cruisers in NY have video. I think this case has to break. Unless I'll go crazy.

I don't think there is anything cute or fashionable about a 7 year old carrying a book bag, or anything else that has a skull and crossbones design. I don't think it is right for them to be wearing anything with that design either. Doesn't matter if it is the "in" thing. If my granddaughter came to my home with something like that, I would cut a "new one" on my daughter and then take gd to buy more appropriate bag or whatever.

If my daughters, who are now 40 and 42 came to my home wearing anything with that motif, they can be sure I would comment and they would know it wouldn't be very nice.

Call me old, but skull and crossbones has always meant grave danger to the point of death.

Sick that Somer's mom let her have these types of designs on her belongings.

seriously??

pirates are a huge thing now...including the skull and crossbones. Disney cruise line even has pirate night on the ship and teh bandanas they give out are skull and cbones....lots of pink things for girls too....I have no issues with my girls who are 7 and 4 wearing anything like that. so I think it is pretty darn judgemental and rude to say that her mom is "sick" to let her have those types of designs.

I hate to keep going back to the infinity poster from last night, but...........she mentioned the young man wearing a green shirt that looked too old for his age. What if it is a uniform shirt? Doesn't some major restaurant chain have their employees wear a green collared button shirt? Gawd I hope something happens soon - another clue would be nice. With FBI agents working with the Clay County police, you would think they have some type of evidence they are analyzing. Mary Justino, if you are reading, we could really use an update and a few more facts. You're only helping to escalate the rumors by not addressing them at all!

and thats a very good line of insite too, I personally wouldn't even rule out a member of le either. who was it that came up with the idea of searching the landfill? yep a le official... talk about being in the spot light.. some of us don't want to think of le official as being capable of doing something like this, but in my opinion a child would hop right into a sheriff car in a second, especially since the neighborhood already had some odd things going on with someone trying to lure another girl into a car shortly before somers abduction. if it was a deputy, on second shift umm like a 3 to 11 shift then caring a body in a trunk till the shift is over wouldn't be un heard of, then dump the body in a dumpster prior to the shift ending, heck who would really pay attention to a sheriff deputy lurking around a dumpster site especially after a child went missing? its all a shot in the dark for me but its a plausable senario to be and jmho....

when i read some comments under a news article in the beginning of this case, someone from the neighborhood commented that it wasn't unusual to see 2 or 3 police cars parked along the route Somer took home from school.
Talk about hiding in plain sight, yikes.

when i read some comments under a news article in the beginning of this case, someone from the neighborhood commented that it wasn't unusual to see 2 or 3 police cars parked along the route Somer took home from school.
Talk about hiding in plain sight, yikes.
Did the comments say if this was before she came up missing, or after (2 or 3 police cars parked along the route she took home from school)?

I hate to keep going back to the infinity poster from last night, but...........she mentioned the young man wearing a green shirt that looked too old for his age. What if it is a uniform shirt? Doesn't some major restaurant chain have their employees wear a green collared button shirt? Gawd I hope something happens soon - another clue would be nice. With FBI agents working with the Clay County police, you would think they have some type of evidence they are analyzing. Mary Justino, if you are reading, we could really use an update and a few more facts. You're only helping to escalate the rumors by not addressing them at all!

That's a great thought. If we look at businesses in the area lets say 5 miles from the kidnapping. We might find green shirts. Starbucks I think has dark green shirts.

I know where I live police have mics on their shirts that anything they say is recorded. I think the vehicles have video cams as well. That would be something to check out.

Did the comments say if this was before she came up missing, or after (2 or 3 police cars parked along the route she took home from school)?

this was supposedly routine prior to Somer going missing.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=133000&catid=57
Created: 11/11/2009 1:52:03 PM Updated: 11/11/2009 2:38:43 PM

Graham, NC -- The family of a little girl found murdered in a Georgia landfill plans on holding a community awareness event in Alamance County.

The 7-year-old Somer Thompson vanished during her walk home from school last month. Detectives found her body at a landfill in Georgia where the Florida neighborhood's trash is delivered.

Somer's father, Sam, lives in Alamance County, NC.

He is hosting a memorial service at Riverside Baptist Church on Saturday 14 at 3:00 pm.

The service is open to the public, but the family requests anyone attending wear purple, Somer's favorite color.

seriously??

pirates are a huge thing now...including the skull and crossbones. Disney cruise line even has pirate night on the ship and teh bandanas they give out are skull and cbones....lots of pink things for girls too....I have no issues with my girls who are 7 and 4 wearing anything like that. so I think it is pretty darn judgemental and rude to say that her mom is "sick" to let her have those types of designs.

I feel the same way you do. My daughter has a shirt with some saying on it and a girly skull and crossbones with a bow. She wore it when she was 2, and she still wears it now that's she's over 3. I made my friend a baby blanket with fabric that had girl skulls, gold chains and some other things on it. She loved it. Maybe it's a generational thing. I don't know. I would rather my daughter wear something like that than some licensed character like Winnie the Pooh. JMO.

That's a great thought. If we look at businesses in the area lets say 5 miles from the kidnapping. We might find green shirts. Starbucks I think has dark green shirts.

There is a Starbucks on Blanding Blvd. So it might be a young man late teens early twenties, brown hair, muscular, all american looking who skateboards and could possibly work at a Starbucks & lives on Briarwood... did I leave anything out?

There is a Starbucks on Blanding Blvd. So it might be a young man late teens early twenties, brown hair, muscular, all american looking who skateboards and could possibly work at a Starbucks & lives on Briarwood... did I leave anything out?

It sounds right to me. How far is Blanding Blvd from Gano. I'll check it out. 4.48 miles away. Under the 5 miles I was looking for.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Orange+Park&1s=FL&1a=1080+Gano+Ave&1z=32073-4718&1y=US&1l=30.171095&1g=-81.714906&1v=ADDRESS&2qn=Starbucks&2c=Jacksonville&2s=FL&2a=8635+Blanding+Blvd+%23+204&2z=32244&2y=US&2l=30.192811&2g=-81.739254&2v=ADDRESS&2id=22155403

another one on Blanding. 3.53 miles away from Gano.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Ora....150256&2g=-81.753104&2v=ADDRESS&2id=26971056

And another one 2.5 miles. 5 minutes away from Gano

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Ora....163794&2g=-81.747601&2v=ADDRESS&2id=22137454

I think you are on to something. We got to talk to Infinity about this.

I would check their dumpsters.

Yes, as a matter of fact I did - he drives a tan convertible with leather seats... he shouldn't be too hard to track down. Maybe shadowizar who lives in the area can ride his bike this weekend & scope out Briarwood for a tan convertible.

seriously??

Amen. And as a mom who has actually purchased skull logo clothing for her 8 year-old, just let me say that given a choice between Hannah Montana, the Jonas Brothers, or a girly skull and crossbones, the skull is by far the LEAST scary option. IMO.

I'm wondering about the vision of the brown haired, all american boy. Didn't the poster say she was going to try and communicate with Somer this morning? Does she realize I'm about to wear my refresh button out on my computer waiting???:waitasec:
I have a vision she (the poster from last night) won't be posting today.

Cheewawa,
I guess your visions aren't working today! I said I would be back didn't I? I am trying to juggle working and taking classes which does not leave a whole lot of time for posting so please bear with me. I did speak with Somer again, keep in mind you can't interrogate someone who has passed, you can ask questions but if they don't want to answer they go on to something else and you just have to go with the flow.
In answer to all the pictures you have had me look at, the answer is no, I don't believe it's him. We are looking for a big kid-boy/man kind of person. i am compelled to say that if he DID play football he would have been the quarterback. I'm not sure why I'm supposed to say that, but I've learned not to question.
She was lured to his home to look at puppies, they are in his garage with something that looks like a babygate around them with the mother who's name I believe is Frito. She looks like a boxer and I am told the father is Sampson.
Once inside the garage he tried to get sexual with her and she got VERY loud. Afraid she would attract the neighbors attention he then choked her, backed his car up to the garage, wrapped her in a plaid beach blanket and placed her in his trunk. He later hid something, the blanket I think, in the attic at the bottom of a box of sports supplies.
She said something about the garbage bin behind the "mall". I don't know if that's where he put her or her belongings. She also said the word "canal" but did not elaborate further on that.
I asked her to show me something that would prove to her mother that it was really her and she opened her hand and in her palm was a very small turtle. I don't know if they had turtles, or if she wanted a turtle but that is what was shown.
I did ask for a name, first I thought she said Keith which I discounted because that is the name of my best friends deceased husband who likes to come and mess with me when I meditate, so I asked again and she said Kevin. So it's either Keith (as in AKT) or Kevin. I could not get a last name.
I read the story of AKT andwhile I do not believe it's him I do believe this young man was trying to be a copycat and got in over his head.
Once again thanks fir your time.

Has Infinity been back? I found the picture of the kid peeking in the OPAA bathroom.

Of course I sent it to sadnpod by mistake. lol
I got confused because his name is Kris. eek!

edit: ooooo Infinity is right up there ^
freaky...
and freaky that Infinity mentions "turtle"

Yes, as a matter of fact I did - he drives a tan convertible with leather seats... he shouldn't be too hard to track down. Maybe shadowizar who lives in the area can ride his bike this weekend & scope out Briarwood for a tan convertible.

Cheewawa, the car is YELLOW the Seats are TAN. We want to be looking for the right car. He normally parks on the street, not the driveway.

I tried looking the article up in their files, but they only list those since last January ('09). I didn't see it, nor did I find any way to put in a name for a jump.
I was particularly interested in reading any feedback from the following month.
I also want to know where this 'dad' is. (Not that he's any candidate for Father of the Year-or Month-or Day). He's reported as having resigned his position in LE, but at the time of this article, the sheriff's race had not been decided. I want to know if he's involved in LE.
Sure shows up that thin blue line, doesn't it? And it's getting wider and wider, it appears.

I found an article that said the dad did not win the election. That made me happy, he does not deserve to be the sheriff of anything. His son does not deserve to be free from a prison sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member