FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking, if someone took her in a car, off the street, the car had to be parked in a driveway or a garage. I maintain my theory that whoever took her either had her confidence or gained her confidence and she wasn't fearful. She trusted enough to get very near this person. maybe into a car, maybe into a garage, maybe into a house.
all just my opinion.

Thinking of what DT said in the video I watched yesterday ... if someone walked down the street with a dog, and Somer saw them from inside her house, she ran out.

The same might apply if she was walking down the street and either saw someone walking a dog (go to their house to see puppies, for example) or if she saw a dog in a yard.

My now-3 yo once told me a woman at the park was not a stranger because "she was nice and she had a dog" ...

I wonder what "from Somer's neighborhood" means in an x-mile radius.

I have no theory, yet. however if I could find what happened to those girls last year as the were under 12 yrs old. They (Marshalls) found him at a home in Burlington, I think. I do not know if he had access to a car. It is a 8 hr drive ? to Clay County.

I've looked everywhere I can think of and can't find story on 2008 attack. I have no real theory either at this point--just thought that it might be worth looking in areas family lived before for possible perp--someone with connection or grudge or whatever. And when this came up as a news article, it stood out to me.

OK per that article allegedly the DG crime took place in Graham, NC, the same town that ST lives in. Huh.

I know isn't that kind of weird....same place as ST.

I've got to go back & copy the link where this came from: BRB

(snipped from news4jax):
Early Friday afternoon, Lt. Barry Abramowitz, with the Clay County Sheriff's Office, will hold a question-and-answer session with the media. Abramowitz is in charge of the process through which the many leads have been collected, reviewed, assigned to detectives and then tracked through the agency's specialized computer system.

ETA: LINK!!! http://www.news4jax.com/news/21603363/detail.html

I can ask. ST actually lives in an area outside of graham. Saxapahaw is just down the road. I will ask around, Its small community here and im sure someone will remember this crime.. one of my big gossipy friends is not home atm... ill ask her about it. Orange county is right next to alamance county... my house here in nc is off saxapahaw rd. Yet, my life and loves are in jax.
Its a small world full of SO's if you ask me. I think all of this is just coincidence. but ill find out what i can and pass it on.

I can ask. ST actually lives in an area outside of graham. Saxapahaw is just down the road. I will ask around, Its small community here and im sure someone will remember this crime.. one of my big gossipy friends is not home atm... ill ask her about it. Orange county is right next to alamance county... my house here in nc is off saxapahaw rd. Yet, my life and loves are in jax.
Its a small world full of SO's if you ask me. I think all of this is just coincidence. but ill find out what i can and pass it on.

I thought you live near DT in orange Park - no?

I've got to go back & copy the link where this came from: BRB

(snipped from news4jax):
Early Friday afternoon, Lt. Barry Abramowitz, with the Clay County Sheriff's Office, will hold a question-and-answer session with the media. Abramowitz is in charge of the process through which the many leads have been collected, reviewed, assigned to detectives and then tracked through the agency's specialized computer system.

ETA: LINK!!! http://www.news4jax.com/news/21603363/detail.html

I can hardly wait for this media session. Lets see, its 3:39 EST so I wonder when, maybe 4:00, lets hope.

Indeed it could all be a coincidence, for sure! A link between DG and Somer's area or family/friends would be a start.

Found this article including his previous conviction:
http://www.thetimesnews.com/articles/guilty-2496-months-pleaded.html

[DMG], 26, of Hillsborough, pleaded guilty to felony breaking and entering and felony larceny. He was sentenced to seven to nine months in jail and ordered to pay $1,650 in restitution together with [J] Mahaley.

The two men are accused of breaking in March of this year into the Alamance Pawn Shop in Haw River and stealing more than $1,000 worth of guns, ammunition and knives.

Gentry was also ordered to participate in the Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Training program. The judge recommended work release.

I can hardly wait for this media session. Lets see, its 3:39 EST so I wonder when, maybe 4:00, lets hope.

I am anxious to hear what they have to say also. Wonder why the Sheriff isn't the one briefing the media... too bad we couldn't call in some questions, or have a live online question & answer... like invite mary Justino online to join our forum at a certain day & time... it sure couldn't hurt anything - ya know?

I am anxious to hear what they have to say also. Wonder why the Sheriff isn't the one briefing the media... too bad we couldn't call in some questions, or have a live online question & answer... like invite mary Justino online to join our forum at a certain day & time... it sure couldn't hurt anything - ya know?

JMO, but maybe it's because Abramowitz is in charge of the process through which the many leads have been collected, reviewed, assigned to detectives and then tracked through the agency's specialized computer system and if Sheriff didn't know an answer, he'd look stupid/uninformed, etc.

Better to have it from the horse's mouth.

http://www.wpbf.com/news/21389441/detail.html

In the last paragraph the writer says the trash was from her neighborhood... plus a quote from Detective Bruce Owens.

ETA: This link made possible by nursebeeme's instrucions on how to post a link

I read in one of the thousands of previous links on this topic that the landfills kept records of not only the time that the garbage trucks arrived, but also the area they picked up from, and each truck had an assigned area within the landfill. I'm sure LE KNOWS the neighborhood where the trash containing Somer was picked up.

And, I think LE has a POI.

Right now they are just gathering info and asking for further clues to have a tight case. Nothing is being revealed to DT or the rest of those involved because they have a big mouth and leak things out, like ST did about the soot.

When the crucial lab tests come back, I'm sure they will move in.

LE has already said they had the truck, had the driver, and IIRC, the dumpster.

I just wanted them to tell us.

ETA
Would have been happy with a "2 mile radius" hint.

I have an appointment I have to leave for and don't think I'll make it back for the presser, so TIA to anyone who posts what is said.

If Somer was on Gano and got in a car, wouldn't someone have seen the car stopped there? The street view does not seem like you'd want to pull over there, so maybe a car in the parking lot of the park?

Are cars ever parked on the street in those neighborhoods? Seems like everyone has a driveway ...

Just wondering where vehicle could be parked that it would not draw attention from someone.

I have wondered the same thing! At that time of day with all those children walking home from school, parents picking some of them up, crossing guards, etc. how would it be possible for her to get into a car without SOMEONE seeing it?

Are we even sure she got into a car? From the maps I've looked at it seems like Gano would be a busy street during the time her school was letting out, huh? And a small boy said he saw her by the big tanks which are BEFORE the burned out house on Gano. Would the tanks be right by the sidewalk or would she have had to leave the sidewalk to get by the tanks? Then her best friend saw her PAST the burned out house, closer to home? All of this is so confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member