FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the construction materials and glass helped them narrow down which dumpster she was put in.

That could have been in a previous dumpster and Somer was put in the next one so that she ended up on top of that stuff but was in another dumpster.

(that is hard to follow, I know ... blood sugar is low)

I followed it Noway, lol. Do we know of any other renovations going on in the immediate area, perhaps near the nursing home? Maybe some of the locals noticed renovations going on within a couple of blocks of that area.

Where is that darned cathdawg? I bring home a possible bone to nibble on & she's no where to be found...

BUT WAIT!!! Maybe a van - a work van - with construction debris in the back of it cause this person might be a handyman of some type, working out of his van. Maybe a window in the van was broken during the attack which could have been done in the back of the van in a seluded area somewhere. The killer then takes her body to a dumpster for disposal on his way home. That might be why the LE said to look for a vehicle that might be covered up, sold, etc... cause it's missing a window!

BUT WAIT!!! Maybe a van - a work van - with construction debris in the back of it cause this person might be a handyman of some type, working out of his van. Maybe a window in the van was broken during the attack which could have been done in the back of the van in a seluded area somewhere. The killer then takes her body to a dumpster for disposal on his way home. That might be why the LE said to look for a vehicle that might be covered up, sold, etc... cause it's missing a window!

Could be Cheewawa! LE would easily be able to tell if it was vehicle glass so maybe that IS why they made the statement about covering up the vehicle. Seems likely if they had enough of the glass they could figure out what kind of vehicle it may have come out of....shape of the window, etc.

This is reminding me of, oh, thread 1 maybe.

Somebody saw a van get pulled over by LE. The back window was smashed out of it.

dejavu

I followed it Noway, lol. Do we know of any other renovations going on in the immediate area, perhaps near the nursing home? Maybe some of the locals noticed renovations going on within a couple of blocks of that area.

The opaa had renovations, I'll see if I can find the date.

I still think the media coverage of this case...or lack of...is really strange. We see DT interviewed, but so what?? We're not learning anything from that. We hear about the fundraisers, but why aren't people close to the family being interviewed? When Somer was still missing we heard from a few locals, but that's it. Nothing much AT ALL since her body was found. What about neighbors? Friends? Exes? Anybody?? Even NG is doing her usual digging around. I know I've asked this before, but this is just too weird to me. No other cases are like this. It's like LE has put a gag on everybody. Is it just me or isn't this really strange???

I'm thinking foreclosed on home maybe that had gone through some repairs ...

but somehow I always want to bring it back to that.

1. Kyle
2. The son of the man who ran for sheriff.
3. Peeper looking in womens toilet

Excuse me, but in your "vision" you said Somer told you the name of the person who killed her and you said that she told you his name was "Kevin". Now Kyle is your number one suspect? Why not someone named Kevin?

I'm thinking foreclosed on home maybe that had gone through some repairs ...

but somehow I always want to bring it back to that.

After DR's funeral, was WLK kicked out of the house so they could renovate it to sell?

Is that a common sight (cars with windows taped over/cardboard)? It is here. I would think that would be a needle in a haystack search.

After DR's funeral, was WLK kicked out of the house so they could renovate it to sell?

Good question.

I thought he was kicked out and her daughter lived there. Trying to find that out so I don't get us headed in wrong direction.

Is that a common sight (cars with windows taped over/cardboard)? It is here. I would think that would be a needle in a haystack search.

But what if you can narrow that haystack down to a van; like a delivery van that only has the windows in the back; a van that is used for some type of construction which would leave a particular debris of some sort. Didn't they take the van from GVs brother to search it for evidence? Maybe there is proof of some type (insulation, etc) that would narrow it down to what kind of work/delivery van they are looking for.

Did the friend of the friend say what type of construction material Somer was covered in? Wouldn't that have come from the dumpster she was placed in near the home? Maybe the killer dug through the materials to hide her underneath. I can't believe that LE won't eventually have enough evidence to know exactly where Somer was placed. She may not have been killed by any home repair or construction type worker, but was just placed into the dumpster that some of them were using that day or week.

I thought LE already knew what dumpster she'd been put in ... but maybe I thought that because they had the truck, had the driver, had the route ... but maybe which dumpster still needs to be determined.

The opaa had renovations, I'll see if I can find the date.

BBM

OMG - That was my first thought when I read about the broken glass and construction material!!! I was going to google it, but had to run some errands.

Did the friend of the friend say what type of construction material Somer was covered in? Wouldn't that have come from the dumpster she was placed in near the home? Maybe the killer dug through the materials to hide her underneath. I can't believe that LE won't eventually have enough evidence to know exactly where Somer was placed. She may not have been killed by any home repair or construction type worker, but was just placed into the dumpster that some of them were using that day or week.

No, she didn't say what type of construction material. I'm inclined to think more along the lines of a work van for some reason. I keep thinking about the LE telling the public what to look for - the vehicle being covered, sold. etc. Plus the comment from my friend's family member about the broken glass being found on her body. I'm thinking along the lines of Noway; in the early days they pulled over a white van & searched it - there has to be a reason.

If it was broken glass from a vehicle, LE would be able to tell right away, since automotive glass is made up of several layers of fused glass to prevent it from breaking into big shards when it breaks. It crumbles into tiny pieces, or maintains its shape and can still be in one piece, even when it's shattered. KWIM?

I'm curious as to what type of glass - broken glass from windows to a house? Broken beverage containers that were discarded in the garbage? Or car window glass?

Since there was construction material, along with the glass, covering her, I'm leaning toward either broken window glass (non-automotive) or glass from beverage containers that were put in the dumpster.

It might also depend on if the glass was little pieces or big pieces. Workers removing windows wouldn't shatter them, they take them out in as large a pieces as possible. They might get shattered in the dumpster and trash process though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member