FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi locals!

Do any of you know anything about a carnival that was at S*. ********** Church around the time Somer went missing?

Someone mentioned it - but I don't remember who.

Anyway - was it a true carnival with rides and traveling carnies
or more of a locally run thing - with people from the church and community running it?

TIA

Hi Mommya - That was me that mentioned the carnival. Thx for bringing it up again. When I asked about it, it didn't generate much interest, but I have done a little poking around and discovered there are quite a few traveling carnivals that are either based in Florida, or make their winter circuit in Florida at this time of year - some of them near OP.
I haven't been able to find out if that particular church hosted a carnival, but I'm still wondering...

If any locals know, that would be great info, based on the comment I read on that news site (they said they witnessed some carnies leering at the little girls).

hmmm, I haven't slammed on DT....I was simply pointing out that this is sooooooooo typical of her to be more concerned about who is saying what about her, rather than focus on what is important. That is kinda of sick.

I only pointed out that she has had some odd behavior and made huge mistakes, but I never laid it all out on the table for everyone to read about.

In Somer's name, can we all make sure we take a minute or two to write a quick email to FCC regarding TV alerts for long haul truckers.
Tricia has information posted under CALL FOR ACTION--Marc Klass thread on front page.

What a wonderful memorial to Somer's short life, if all of us that have been touched by this horrific tragedy can do this in her honor.

Let us all be PRO-ACTIVE and DO something, RIGHT NOW in a moment of silence for SOMER and all of the children and missing in the states.

We need to take care of each other and the more eyes and ears we have , the so much the better.

PLEASE

I would also like to add that, from what I saw on the dozen or so traveling carnivals' websites that I looked at, they all seem to be family owned & operated businesses, run by good people, so in now way am I meaning to imply that the owners of carnivals are pedophile child killers.

But it's possible that someone they hired on might be...

I wonder if DWK is WLK's alibi.

I mean I truly think since the foreclosure was the next day it's very possible that WLK went to visit his brother at Kingsley Ave the afternoon of the 19th.

If we read into astros he might have also gone to his brother for GAS $$$$$$....

Either way, he'd have easily crossed paths with Somer that afternoon.

And YES I sadly think it's very possible WLK was a familiar face to Somer.

I think DAR & DT could have been connected thru that society DT belonged to.

Are you picking up what I'm laying down?

I know this post is from the middle of the night... I must be on a different time zone... or I actually sleep.

I thought we sleuthed awhile back that WLK went to jail for a sexual offence against his girlfriend's daughter. The offense was in 1997, but his sentence date wasn't until 2002. He was released in 2004. When he got out of jail the girlfriend took him back, and her daughter moved out. That girlfriend was DR.

I'm not sure who DWK is. That's not his sister-in-law (who he was living with in Green Cove Springs). And it can't be his brother who died in 1996. Who is DWK?

edit: n/m DWK is the brother in the nursing home.

You might want to try using Mozilla/Firefox instead of Internet Explorer.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/upgrade.html

You can have multiple tabs...even colorful tabs if you want! This site tells more about it, even has reviews. http://download.cnet.com/mozilla-firefox/

If you decide to go with FireFox and need help, I can walk you through it.
Whoops! Chickadee, you are absolutely right! I use Firefox. Forgot to mention that little tidbit. Thanks!
Color tabs? Ooh! :dance: LOL

He's not a suspect or friend of the suspect. She very well might be. Somer was counting on her for safety. She would rather have lunch with SP than check on her daughter that wasn't even feeling well that day.

D isn't a suspect either is my point. There are tons of innuendos and things about D made here. When things were posted about S, they were reported and deleted. (although I do admit they were posted in a most vehement way, ugh.)

I do understand what you are saying pinamia, I really do. Neither parent was/is perfect. I'm not at all giving D a pass on the things she did or didn't do, I was just trying to point out that D is not the only imperfect parent here.

I know this post is from the middle of the night... I must be on a different time zone... or I actually sleep.

I thought we sleuthed awhile back that WLK went to jail for a sexual offence against his girlfriend's daughter. The offense was in 1997, but his sentence date wasn't until 2002. He was released in 2004. When he got out of jail the girlfriend took him back, and her daughter moved out. That girlfriend was DR.

I'm not sure who DWK is. That's not his sister-in-law (who he was living with in Green Cove Springs). And it can't be his brother who died in 1996. Who is DWK?

I'm sure it's a combo of both, you sleep and also in a different time zone and see I haven't even been away that long...LOL

NO not the dead DWK....

It's another brother. Who's still alive but lives at the retire home / assisted living / rehab centre behind Somer's school. The one who's listed as owner ET EL on the foreclosure property.

There were 4 boys and a sister as per the dead brothers obit. Am I allowed to post he link?

edit: n/m DWK is the brother in the nursing home.

wow... i learn something new everyday... I had no idea that his offense was against DR's daughter... i missed that apparently... 1997? I am stunned... the same daughter that was living wiht them on gano? Was she living there or did I assume that? Did she move in after DR died? anyone know?

Ok... u guys sleuth the hardest things... yet no one answers this "simple" question... what the heck does that lil + sign mean next to a members name when u look at who is logged on??

i think it means you have friended them, or whatever the term is here on WS.
Sorry if it's been answered, I am catching up.

D isn't a suspect either is my point. There are tons of innuendos and things about D made here. When things were posted about S, they were reported and deleted. (although I do admit they were posted in a most vehement way, ugh.)

I do understand what you are saying pinamia, I really do. Neither parent was/is perfect. I'm not at all giving D a pass on the things she did or didn't do, I was just trying to point out that D is not the only imperfect parent here.

Has DT been cleared by LE?!?? I totally missed that....do you have a link?

wow... i learn something new everyday... I had no idea that his offense was against DR's daughter... i missed that apparently... 1997? I am stunned... the same daughter that was living wiht them on gano? Was she living there or did I assume that? Did she move in after DR died? anyone know?

I thought it was just speculation that it was the daughter - nothing definite.?.

Good morning everyone. I have some news on the church carnival.
I called the church and acted as if I were wanting to put one on myself.
Yes, they did host one: dates were 10/23/09-10/25/09.
The company was in town on Monday setting up (which would have been 10/19) according to the contract.
The majority of the people that helped at the event were chuch volunteers. However they use an out of town company based in Tampa that comes in to set up the rides, etc. They said they have used them for years. I have a company name and phone number. Is it okay to post?
The church is on Kinsgley Avenue, right off of DeBarry.

Just want to remind everyone to try to keep their cools, no matter what is said.

I would really hate to get locked down!

The company was in town on Monday setting up (which would have been 10/19) according to the contract.
The majority of the people that helped at the event were chuch volunteers. However they use an out of town company based in Tampa that comes in to set up the rides, etc. They said they have used them for years. I have a company name and phone number. Is it okay to post?

You are awesome!!!!!!!!

That's the place!!! TY!!! TY!!! TY!!!

Noway, I didn't mean to offend you, if I did, I'm sorry. I was trying to make a point about #3 above. If it were a small group of older kids that killed Somer, perhaps it could even be one of the groups Somer walked or ran right into. They could have followed her. If that were the case, of course they wouldn't tell LE they had seen her.

That was my point. Every reinactment of Somer's journey down Gano only mentions the siblings, the other child, and the construction workers as having seen her. No one else is mentioned even anonymously, such as someone else saw her here, Another witness saw her there. If information were coming anonymously and from a group of children or groups of children or even from those driving by, a perp could not easily know who told and remember everyone to go after them, IMO.

I realize a child has been murdered, I'm sick about it. And I realize that parents will protect their children. I was making a point with my questions. I realize it is sickening to think it may be a minor or a group of minors. Is it possible that one of the groups Somer passed were older kids with ..... something going wrong with them ??

Just wanted to address this right away ... and am not even sure why you think you did, but not at all.

I started thinking about if Somer was not sexually assaulted, and "saw something she shouldn't have" ... then I wondered what could she have seen (robbery stash, drugs, ...)

I just don't know.

I had to leave quickly last night because my daughter woke up from a bad dream.

Now I'll go read where I left off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member