FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm here... I too was reading back; some confusing stuff. Maybe I need to go back & read it again. Sure hope there's not going to be a pop quiz cause I'll fail for sure!!

good morning ALL,

Its gonna be a beautiful day... and I agree that those are some confusing posts from last nite/early morn... with the numbers and the initials... my head is still hurting.

I am also sad that the snoop has been banned... darn it!

I think I may take my dog for a walk and video somers trek to where she was last seen so everyone can see what a short walk it was...
can anyone tell me an approximate location of where dogs got scent? Ive tried and tried, but it appears that the video has been deleted.. at least I cant find it.

I think I may take my dog for a walk and video somers trek to where she was last seen so everyone can see what a short walk it was...
can anyone tell me an approximate location of where dogs got scent? Ive tried and tried, but it appears that the video has been deleted.. at least I cant find it.

BBM: I wish I could help ya out on that one sad, but I can't. The only thing I know is the more I read, I discover the less I really do know- ya know?:waitasec:

Hope you've got a big, mean dog...

I think DT (or someone) called them for help in searching.. according to ST. Maybe SP called when he couldnt find her.

It had been two hours by now that neighbors and friends were looking. (rite?)

I think she had already went the path that somer was suppose to be on and picked up AC at the park then went to the bad area behind somers school, which is where floyd circle is.. I wouldnt go in that area alone either.. well ok I did, but not at nite..

After realizing she wasnt in a "normal" area, I would have looked there too, just because of shady lookin characters.. that creepy empty house is past there down that dirt rd...with the broken windows.

Im wondering if AC was at the park or the skate park that is there.,, if he typically went to the skate park like alot of 14 yr olds, maybe she went down that road to look for AC, but he was at the other side of park. I have heard that he has taken care of the twins since they were born and that he searched until exhausted for her.. being upset with AT, maybe it was a natural response to seek AC out, and I still dont think Somer thought there was anyone at home waiting for her. If AC was not at skate park, maybe she continued down rd to go around park like I said in earlier post, it would have avoided sibs and she could have made it home without seeing other crossing guard.
Also I think in the beginning they met at the side of the school, the argument happened almost immediately, and somer took off running .. AT chased her but somer made corner and hid behind tanks. Sibs passed. I cant get the video, but if I remember rite, the dogs scent on her was after 1080 but not far.. that end of the park.. is this rite? Someone said earlier that the other crossing guard would have seen her in that spot..not if she turned at park looking for AC at that end instead of street that skatepark is on.. if AC was in the OPAA center at that end, she mite have cut thru that way.
you can cut thru and its not hard, the area looks walked in and has paths, but its also secluded and dark. WLK's bro is in DLRC on kingsley, DR's daughter mite have given him a few days after funeral to get his things.. or til monday.. if he left bro and went to gano, he would have followed same path...maybe he saw somer looking disstressed and followed her to the short cut.. could have seen whole scenario as well, argument, running around corner and ditching thru park. This all happened fast in a small area where she went missing.. but someone in a car could have easily watched it play out as they slowly go thru ...with traffic and kids.. from beginning to end.. IMO always..

Yep sadnpod, this scenario makes perfect sense to me. I agree that DT depended on AC a great deal and that's why she went to him first to help look for Somer. IMO she relied on that boy a lot. I've never thought it suspicious she went to pick him up 1st....she needed his help and he knew the area from a kid's perspective.

Secondly, I've also thought Somer would not have wanted to hurry home as some others have thought. She was po'd at AT, she wasn't about to go home and have her be in charge till AC or mom got home...and I certainly don't think she knew SP was going to be there...if he really was. And it makes sense she could have looked around the park for AC. But now I'm confused again about the time AC gets out of school...maybe she was waiting for him.

I think WLK was somewhere close by too. And because of him having to move, etc. it makes more sense he was just driving thru that area rather than possibly sitting at the park watching like I've always thought. What I'd like to know is, did he have access to DR's car? And what kind of car is it? Also what about a car for his brother at the nursing home? If it's assisted living, the occupants can keep their own cars...at least it's like that at some places around here. Just wondering if he had access to another car besides the brown caddy.

Yes, Chee, I know exactly what you mean. Its so contradicting and confusing.. even the darn police report... and that should be the easy part!!

Sadnpod, I have no idea which video it's in. Here's a link to videos I think maybe cathdawg posted. If you know which video it is, maybe you can find it here....I hope

http://video.najoomi.com/list/somer+thompson+police+report/relevance/start-1.html

I hope you have a really mean great dane!

Yep sadnpod, this scenario makes perfect sense to me. I agree that DT depended on AC a great deal and that's why she went to him first to help look for Somer. IMO she relied on that boy a lot. I've never thought it suspicious she went to pick him up 1st....she needed his help and he knew the area from a kid's perspective.

Secondly, I've also thought Somer would not have wanted to hurry home as some others have thought. She was po'd at AT, she wasn't about to go home and have her be in charge till AC or mom got home...and I certainly don't think she knew SP was going to be there...if he really was. And it makes sense she could have looked around the park for AC. But now I'm confused again about the time AC gets out of school...maybe she was waiting for him.

I think WLK was somewhere close by too. And because of him having to move, etc. it makes more sense he was just driving thru that area rather than possibly sitting at the park watching like I've always thought. What I'd like to know is, did he have access to DR's car? And what kind of car is it? Also what about a car for his brother at the nursing home? If it's assisted living, the occupants can keep their own cars...at least it's like that at some places around here. Just wondering if he had access to another car besides the brown caddy.

I remember someone saying that the brown caddy was sold after DR died to pay for her funeral... IDK if this is rumor or where it came from. I also saw vehicles at gano addy.. I can sleuth those if they are there. Prob one of those was DR's. Or it could be easily hidden at the "compound", so could anything for that matter.
The place is called a Rehabilitation Center... I will c what i can see. I also noticed its a full day of fund raisers today..

BBM: My hubby works in the medical field & is familiar with the Nursing Home WLK's bro is in. He said it is not an assisted living facility. Patients staying there who are not elderly, are either "AMS" (altered mental state) or terminally ill & don't leave the nursing home unless a family member picks them up & takes them for the day. The patients don't have the liberty to come & go on their own.

Good Mornin' All,
If AC got out at 3:45, he was walking down Gano from OPJH from the opposite direction. It must have been understood that day that he would be headed for the park. So, the kids were not expecting him to be coming home right after school either? If SP had not been able to "wait" for the kids, and there was no one at home, what did the kids usually do?

It bothers me that PC was just leaving when within minutes of DT and LE's arrival back home. I wonder if they passed each other at some point.

Also, I recall reading a thread here that said the first thing after the flagdown, the officer accompanied her back to the OPAA and DT didn't understand why. Does anyone recall this? IF so, they stopped there then proceeded on to Horton Dr? AC remained in the area and searched his way home around 7ish? Am I correct?

Sorry for being all over the place here but one last question. Did anyone else think it odd that DT would say stuff like S, if you are not in trouble, just come home? Where did she think a 7yr old would be watching the newscast from?

Sadnpod, I have no idea which video it's in. Here's a link to videos I think maybe cathdawg posted. If you know which video it is, maybe you can find it here....I hope

http://video.najoomi.com/list/somer+thompson+police+report/relevance/start-1.html

I hope you have a really mean great dane!

I have followed every link to it and it says deleted or removed by whoever.. funny... I had a great dane once... the sweetest dogs.. not a mean bone in him... seems like the smaller the dog, the meaner they are.. like chiwawa..(haha there I go misspellin again) they are mean lil dogs... ankle biters!!

BBM: My hubby works in the medical field & is familiar with the Nursing Home WLK's bro is in. He said it is not an assisted living facility. Patients staying there who are not elderly, are either "AMS" (altered mental state) or terminally ill & don't leave the nursing home unless a family member picks them up & takes them for the day. The patients don't have the liberty to come & go on their own.
Dont suppose there is any way to find out if a certain person had visitors that day and what time??? I remember reading about the perp being broke and needing gas money... I can just pic wlk bein mad at everything and everyone. being told to move, losing DR, no money for gas, but HAS to move and goin to get money from his brother at DLRC, then heading to gano for his stuff.
I wonder if AC had any after school sports that day at the athletic center at the park.. maybe u got it right and somer was waiting for him. I was told that there came a point when AC was tired of babysitting..
I think these were latch key kids...just my opinion!
AC is legally old enough to babysit at 14. But most 14 yr olds I know dont want to babysit after school, they wanna hang with friends, sports, gettin their own lives.

Houndstooth
I thot that comment strange and several others, but one I that has stuck with me was.. I just hope somer knew how much I loved her..

I remember thinking.. thank goodness... I would never have to wonder that.. I KNOW they ALL KNOW... and i asked em just to make sure... but at 7? No way would they wonder... now 17? yeah maybe... haha

Houndstooth
I thot that comment strange and several others, but one I that has stuck with me was.. I just hope somer knew how much I loved her..

I remember thinking.. thank goodness... I would never have to wonder that.. I KNOW they ALL KNOW... and i asked em just to make sure... but at 7? No way would they wonder... now 17? yeah maybe... haha

I appreciate all the insights you bring to this. I used to keep a few notes on all her weird comments. That one you mentioned is just plain sad.

But, I would love to have a psychologist's break down a few of them. I'm an armchair psych analyzer, like I'm an armchair detective. Strictly an amatuer at both, don't you know!

I thought i was an amateur photographer once... til I saw pics from a "real" amateur.. just meant they havent been published.

Now I just say I like takin pics!! I dont even qualify as amateur!! Thanks... same right back at you!!

I

But, I would love to have a psychologist's break down a few of them. I'm an armchair psych analyzer, like I'm an armchair detective. Strictly an amatuer at both, don't you know!

Along that same line of thought, I found it interesting that a war veteran would forgive the person who did this to his daughter...and so quickly. Is he that spiritual?

I don't say that as an accusation, just an observation that Somer's parents might be on "auto pilot"

Houndstooth

From my own experience, the comment/thought, "I just hope...knew how much I loved her/him" is very very common with the loss of a child. I'll also add, "I just hope he knows how much I miss him" - Both of those thoughts are frequently in my head, since the loss of my son. I guess it helps to reinforce my love for him and my hopes that he can read my thoughts in his afterlife.

Along that same line of thought, I found it interesting that a war veteran would forgive the person who did this to his daughter...and so quickly. Is he that spiritual?

I don't say that as an accusation, just an observation that Somer's parents might be on "auto pilot"

Wow. It amazes me that he says that and that I really believe he feels that way. He told me that its because God tells him to forgive so that Gods wrath can be full of vengence for him, that God will strike harder if we really forgive. IDK. I know I told him that to me some things are unforgivable and I dont have it in me... that God can forgive if he/she chooses, but I just cant. Yes, his faith is that strong and was before this, has been for a yr that I know of. Do I think ST is on autopilot? Absolutely.. I think he is still in shock, I imagine they both are. I think both are guilt ridden as well. My heart hurts deeply for all. ALL. I dont want to offend anyone.. but I wanna say that I love Jesus... but im sorry to say that I just dont trust alot of his "followers". Especially when they try to get a "donation" from me in order to answer questions that could help solve a murder.. EWWWWWWWW. Im not done with that yet... geez Im makin enemies left n right.

This was my take, but, sadnpo'd would be able to say better than me, sometimes when you've been to a warzone, and you've seen or been personally involved in killing, you want forgiveness for that to ease your mind.
In order to get it for yourself, you must be willing to give it to others as well.
Those killed also had parents and children. Their loss is felt the same as anyone else. Nothing brings home the suffering of others like experiencing it for yourself. Many ex-military have PTSD because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025