FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hounds, just a couple of things...I think it was Noway who posted that OPJH gets out about 1:45-earlier than elementary.
And a teeny little correction-DT told Somer, "You are not in trouble"-not "if you are not in trouble...." Small but large difference.
Thanks again for everyone.
Edited: Please see Noway's post #391 on page 16 for school times. This post of mine is incorrect and I apologize.
Thanks, and in your debt again, Noway.

From my own experience, the comment/thought, "I just hope...knew how much I loved her/him" is very very common with the loss of a child. I'll also add, "I just hope he knows how much I miss him" - Both of those thoughts are frequently in my head, since the loss of my son. I guess it helps to reinforce my love for him and my hopes that he can read my thoughts in his afterlife.

He knows how much you miss him & love him... bless your heart Isabelle; I'm so sorry for your loss.

From my own experience, the comment/thought, "I just hope...knew how much I loved her/him" is very very common with the loss of a child. I'll also add, "I just hope he knows how much I miss him" - Both of those thoughts are frequently in my head, since the loss of my son. I guess it helps to reinforce my love for him and my hopes that he can read my thoughts in his afterlife.

Ohhhh.. Im so sorry and, spoken like that, it makes perfect sense. And, Im sure he/she does know both.
thanks for the insight i never wanna have...
I guess our lives are shaped by so many things that alter our perception.

Hounds, just a couple of things...I think it was Noway who posted that OPJH gets out about 1:45-earlier than elementary.
And a teeny little correction-DT told Somer, "You are not in trouble"-not "if you are not in trouble...." Small but large difference.
Thanks again for everyone.

Sorry Doggies. I did not use quotations. My "if" was in my own mind, meaning, not sure about the exact words used. I had not realized I used the word if in that manner. That was NOT the intent. What I was trying to say was if this was the statement.................

And if, I am wrong about the school time as well, that too was unintentional.

To hound from doggies-AROO! lol
Hey-NOT a problem! I totally understand that sometimes what gets in our minds often goes straight through to our fingers! (Luckily for me, there seems to be a synapse there. Hmm...lucky for all of you, too).
Hugs. I love reading what you write.

Isabelle, never ever ever doubt yourself in this. I'm crying, because I did not know. God love you, and give you peace. You of all would know whereof DT and ST speak.
My prayers are with you and for you.

Sorry Doggies. I did not use quotations. My "if" was in my own mind, meaning, not sure about the exact words used. I had not realized I used the word if in that manner. That was NOT the intent. What I was trying to say was if this was the statement.................

And if, I am wrong about the school time as well, that too was unintentional.

I thought the jr. high school got out later than the elementary school too. Because I remember thinking, hey, that is backwards from what we do here. The older kids get out earlier here.

but studies show that older kids perform better later so FL is doing it the best way. IF the older kids get out later.

To hound from doggies-AROO! lol
Hey-NOT a problem! I totally understand that sometimes what gets in our minds often goes straight through to our fingers! (Luckily for me, there seems to be a synapse there. Hmm...lucky for all of you, too).
Hugs. I love reading what you write.

But, now please correct this anyone. My understanding was high school 1:45
Jr High 3:45, Elementary 2:45. I don't want to incorporate any wrong info in future post. I wish we had a easy reference guide to all nailed-down facts!
Do we have any?! :)

GPE
Miller St
Orange Park, FL 32073
clay.k12.fl.us

School Hours
Cafeteria Opens: 7:45 a.m.
Classes Begin: 8:20 a.m.
Dismissal: 2:32 p.m.

OPJH
Gano Avenue
Orange Park, FL 32073

School Hours
Classes from 9:25-3:42
http://www.clay.k12.fl.us/opj/schedule.htm

OPHS
School hours 7:15 a.m.-1:40 p.m.
http://www.clay.k12.fl.us/oph/parent_guide.htm#Attendance

LCS
The school day is 8:30-2:30.
http://www.lighthousechristianschool.net/Portals/53319/docs/welcome_orange_park_09-10.pdf

There are several other schools in the area but I did not check the hours on those. I don't know if it has ever been determined as to what school AC attends.
http://www.clay.k12.fl.us/Schools.htm

Just a thought on DT checking the area near Floyd ... if my child was missing, I'd check the known danger spots first (Floyd was a 'not so nice' area, IIRC).

And if she called Perry to help, she may have called friends as well.

Got to go ... back online tonight with any luck.

Therefore, if AC walked straight to the park with his buds, then the soonest they would have arrived is appx. 4pm give or take 5 minutes?

What time would that have put them at the Gano/ debarry crossing?

Would he go home to get a skateboard first? If skating? Or was there a ball practice on Mondays? Do we know?

Therefore, if AC walked straight to the park with his buds, then the soonest they would have arrived is appx. 4pm give or take 5 minutes?

AFAIK, we do not know what school AC attended.

Initially I thought it was OPJH because I knew he attended junior high and that was his 'assigned school' based on his address.

But there are private schools there too ... so the answer to your question is probably "Yes, if he attended OPJH."

AFAIK, we do not know what school AC attended.

Initially I thought it was OPJH because I knew he attended junior high and that was his 'assigned school' based on his address.

But there are private schools there too ... so the answer to your question is probably "Yes, if he attended OPJH."

I thought someone just watched a video where it was stated AC attends OPJH. But then again we know how reliable those videos are :furious:

Thanks for video... just a comment that it also says AC attends OPJH.

This was it
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=146917&catid=3

This is from 10/20 at about 5:00 on the video (not time of day).

Jacqueline "Jackie" Bernard (sp) REPORTER
Talks with Jeanie Blaylock, who had been invited inside by a family friend.

(Paraphrased) Her brother, 14, goes to OPJH. Went out, we're told by neighbors, for 3 hours and looked for his sister and then came home and collapsed.

Who is Jeanie Blaylock? A reporter too?

Wonder if the neighbors told her where he went to school too.

Does anyone know why we started wondering whether he DID go to Orange Park Junior High?

This was it
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=146917&catid=3

Jacqueline B. (sp) REPORTER
Talks with Jeanie Blaylock:
Her brother, 14, goes to OPJH. Went out, we're told by neighbors, for 3 hours and looked for his sister and then came home and collapsed.

Wonder if the neighbors told her where he went to school t
Does anyone know why we started wondering whether he DID go to Orange Park Junior High?

Yes. The principal for a local private school is on the (MPR LIST) Also Jeanie Blaylock is the evening news anchor. One hopes she knew from whence she spoke.

This was it

Jacqueline "Jackie" Bernard (sp) REPORTER
Talks with Jeanie Blaylock, who had been invited inside by a family friend.

(Paraphrased) Her brother, 14, goes to OPJH. Went out, we're told by neighbors, for 3 hours and looked for his sister and then came home and collapsed.

Wonder if the neighbors told her where he went to school too.

BBM: Jeanie Blaylock is a local news anchor for Firstcoast News (WTLV) in Jacksonville.

I was just reading the comments under the video and a local stated they hoped the apartment complex was searched inside and out.
(is there an apartment complex nearby??)

they also said Miller Street, and a Lavender house with a "drug lot" right next door should be checked.

Does anyone know anything about these areas? Sorry if this has been covered.

I remember someone saying that the brown caddy was sold after DR died to pay for her funeral... IDK if this is rumor or where it came from. I also saw vehicles at gano addy.. I can sleuth those if they are there. Prob one of those was DR's. Or it could be easily hidden at the "compound", so could anything for that matter.
The place is called a Rehabilitation Center... I will c what i can see. I also noticed its a full day of fund raisers today..

BBM

This Rehabilitation Center that you mention, is this on Harbor Rd.? The place you drove to and saw a woman come out? If it is, how did you find out? Was there a sign? I took Noway's advice (thank you!) and used Bing map. Man what a difference, much better than Google! But, I still couldn't get a real close view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025