FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One group of people who should also have been in the vicinity would be the high school kids who had just been let out of school. If there is any time during the day that high school kids hang out in parks, wooded areas and parent free homes it's after school. Of course that would be any high school kids who did not have after school activities or part time jobs. Have we ever determined how close the high school was and how those kids get home? Do they have bus drop offs or do they walk as well? Didn't Cam mention seeing high school aged kids right next door to the Gano house? So there should have been a number of them coming home to that neighbourhood at the same time I would think.
yes, it was I that saw two high school aged boys at the house next to 1080....the high school is about a mile away, right on the corner of Kingsley and Blanding. If you saw the funeral procession, they drove right past it with all of the kids standing out front of the school....I did not see any buses when I was there the day after around the time high school let out...but I really wasn't looking for them either...I was focused on which side of that street that the kids walked home on...still thinking that if she was taken by car, the car would have been headed back towards the school to the rail road tracks.....MO

The high School is down on Kingsley, not sure exact distance, but the days I have driven around there, High school wasnt out yet. There were alot of Junior High kids around though.. the skate park is across from the park.
High school lets out first, then elementary, then jr. high....

So many things about this case remind me of things about Tori's case.

Many a night I just sit back here with my bowl of popcorn.

In case you didn't follow her case, Mom and boyfriend were very suspect, at least for their lifestyle. In the end the 2 people arrested were never even known to us to be able to sleuth them. Of course, it's a lot harder in Canada. We don't have easy access to records and registries.

Hi paris_paris

As you might recall, I too actually joined this site for the Tori case. I have to agree with you about the similarities and I've thought that all along. I've also snickered to myself with some of your references. :laughbounce:

The thing that bothers me the most about the similarities is that in Tori's case, the crime was comitted by a couple of complete unknown suspects. Without the video from the high school, I have a feeling that Tori's case would be a cold case today.

You would think that finding Somer's body so quickly would give LE enough evidence to go on to find the perpetrator(s) but it appears that it might not be the case here. If they had found Tori in a garbage bin without the video or any witnesses to see her with TLM, would they have been able to arrest TLM or MR? Somehow I don't think so. Sometimes I think it's just luck along with good police work that makes the difference.

I truly hope I'm wrong on this and LE has some strong leads and a possible suspect(s) in mind and that this does not become a cold case even though they were able to find Somer so quickly.

well, yes if you want to get to the boobie part. I was talking low cut.
little chickadee has been busy..

I hope you are feeling better now? You know chickadee, I really don't care if they were all naked, rolling around drunk , smoking weed till they cough it up having sex with everyone in town as long as Somer Gets Justice and Soon...

(bolded by me) If you really dont care why did you bring it up? Just sayin...

I realize I should probably just let this whole "boobie thing" go.. but seriously.. are you kidding me? This person is only there for moral support. Did ya notice she also doesnt have on purple? Her top is not LOW CUT as displayed in the other pic, nor btw was it her daughters funeral. I would REALLY like to know what this persons cleavage has to do with anything. Seems there IS an agenda here.. and it has nothing to do with Somer.

anyone else find it odd that at least two of the folks listed on the police report give an address at least 25 minutes away? I find that so odd....why were they there? What put them in that area that day at that time frame?

The two people that have the same address? (RUMOR) I heard they were summoned to help look because they are friends of the family. I heard SP called them. Does anyone know what time the police report was completed? Im assuming immediately after the two hour initial search by friends and family?

[/B]

(bolded by me) If you really dont care why did you bring it up? Just sayin...

I realize I should probably just let this whole "boobie thing" go.. but seriously.. are you kidding me? This person is only there for moral support. Did ya notice she also doesnt have on purple? Her top is not LOW CUT as displayed in the other pic, nor btw was it her daughters funeral. I would REALLY like to know what this persons cleavage has to do with anything. Seems there IS an agenda here.. and it has nothing to do with Somer.

No agenda here other than what everyone else posts .. I see no difference in my post. I get a sense in defensiveness in any post about st on this board by some.. "

That is all I am saying , I am not getting baited and I am allowed to post as I wish within TOS just as others are.
If my posts upset you , you can put me on ignore or just scroll on by my posts.

Thank you

The rules state attack the post not the poster... accusing me of an agenda I would say that is attacking me as a poster not my post.

AG on the police report has many many traffic citations in Duval, a few in Clay....as of yesterday (I think), he is now way behind on paying the fines and has been sent to collections...also has one for petty theft, I only found a few traffic on TY......in Duval

No agenda here other than what everyone else posts .. I see no difference in my post. I get a sense in defensiveness in any post about st on this board by some.. "

That is all I am saying , I am not getting baited and I am allowed to post as I wish within TOS just as others are.
If my posts upset you , you can put me on ignore or just scroll on by my posts.

Thank you

The rules state attack the post not the poster... accusing me of an agenda I would say that is attacking me as a poster not my post.

I see a difference in your post in that this person is not a key player in this case. Your post did not upset me, nor do I see how my post is in anyway defending ST, or attacking you. I just wanted to understand the reasoning behind it. I dont feel I attacked you, if you do though, I apologize. I just wanted to know what the point was.

But some questions are never answered are they?

Hi...I don't usually follow cases in Canada, so thanks for the info on poor little Tori...have they ever said WHY they chose to take her and kill her?? just horrible

I see a LOT of similar things in these cases...the media is a two edged sword..while it can help it can hurt too

as for DT...I don't like any parent/family member who uses a tragedy for a money grab and I don't like the entertainment lawyers moving in (her lawyer is now repping BL, dad of little Shaynia...ugh)

However, I don't see much "sleuthing" when it is just gossip, speculation.
and that is what I mostly see here

as for the SRO's...the AB guy ?? I don't think his wedding pics should be all over here ...what about innocent guests at the party, his co workers?? do any of us check the background of a co worker before attending a modest backyard wedding??

I think this can work both ways...when just a sideline accquaintance can have their background "sleuthed" here, parking tickets, speeding tickets etc brought up...when neighbors have their dirty laundry aired here for enjoyement...at some point it goes too far

maybe I see why some "friends" like those of Morgan in Va are keeping their traps shut...they don't want this exposure and ridicule and scrutiny...

and this might extend to future cases

as for poor Somer...I tend to think it might be an "out of left field" deal...a crime of opportunity, circumstance....for "thrill" or ? to cover something up
maybe a twisted sex crime...but maybe not one of the "sro's" on the radar??
I also would not count out a teenager/s

I am sure the LE has a lot of info that they are not putting out there for our sleuthing "pleasure"....I don;t see much inside info or facts here, just a LOT of speculation. Hopefully LE has stuff and is gathering proof to make an arrest...and I bet it will not be one of the people who have been "suspected" here JMO

I see a difference in your post in that this person is not a key player in this case. Your post did not upset me, nor do I see how my post is in anyway defending ST, or attacking you. I just wanted to understand the reasoning behind it. I dont feel I attacked you, if you do though, I apologize. I just wanted to know what the point was.

But some questions are never answered are they?

I have seen no point in a lot of posts on here in this case. To many to quote, for sure. Everyone has seen and read post after post after page after thread. Pointless posts about pointless topics. Why is it ok sometimes and bring ppl in to a topic from the blue and its ok when just certain ppl do it? Is there a selective member topic list somewhere I have missed?

I am done with this now.

I have seen no point in a lot of posts on here in this case. To many to quote, for sure. Everyone has seen and read post after post after page after thread. Pointless posts about pointless topics. Why is it ok sometimes and bring ppl in to a topic from the blue and its ok when just certain ppl do it? Is there a selective member topic list somewhere I have missed?

I am done with this now.

You are so right mommaD. I don't think its ok just with certain people though. I hope you understand that I was not attacking you personally. Your posts bring up many good points that are useful to me and probably many others. I am done with this topic too. :crazy:Lets move on.:truce:

My son owns and operates a business in Jax that requires the use of an electrician on occasion. The electrician he uses lives in Somers neighborhood. He drives and old bread truck. He told my son recently that LE has questioned him within the past few days. He said it wasnt a big deal, but it makes me wonder if they have a POI, or suspect in this case at all.

I want to go on record as saying I don't believe, nor do I mean to imply, that any particular person listed in my earlier post regarding the list of who was in the vicinity at the time of the victim's disappearance is in any way responsible for the murder. I was merely attempting to construct a verifiable, comprehensible list of people who were in the immediate vicinity at the time.

I believe the victim's killer is an adult, and I believe the killer was known in some capacity by the victim.

And I also believe the killer can be verified, according to evidence available to LE, as having been in the immediate vicinity of the victim at the time she was reported to have been missing.

BBM
Sorrell I don't think you need to defend any of your speculations/sleuthing, but that's JMO. Until someone is clear everyone is on the table. You are most respectful using initials, following TOS, I appreciate your posts.

Question: the statement I bolded, are you speculating that the killer is someone known to us already?
Or are you just saying when LE figures this whole thing out, placing the killer in the area won't be a roadblock for LE, the killer will easily fit into the vicinity at the time Somer went missing?

Because when I initially read this I thought of course they were in the area, they killed Somer and she was in the area.
But then I thought maybe someone could have taken her out of the area, and she was killed by someone else, somewhere else. But that doesn't really make sense b/c she ended up back in the community.
Unless someone outside the community wanted to make it look as if someone IN the community did it.
Anyway I am rambling. I just was trying to understand what you meant here.

Ugh, my theories change by the day, sometimes hour. Just last night I said whoever did this fit into the neighborhood easily during the day and time Somer went missing which would imply they are in/part of the neighborhood. :banghead:

I hope something breaks soon because what used to be a cohesive group interested in the common goal of justice for Somer has turned into a somewhat splintered group with some bickering and nit picking with one another. I hate to see that because I really do think that everyone is here for the right reasons. Maybe some distractors pop in from time to time but they seem obvious and usually disappear quickly.

We really don't have anything concrete except the fact that Somer was found dead in a dump. Just about everything is speculation. If it's done respectfully maybe we can get somewhere. Or maybe Somer's threads fade like a lot of other sites. I hope we can stay in this for Somer.

I think that article is basic when Somer first went missing. For anyone to go missing LE saying look for clothing, shoes , purse , coat , book bag etc.. whatever a normal person would have on them at the time.. and what last person to see victim wearing etc.

That was tuesday the 20th .. day after she went missing monday the 19th oct. est. 2:50 ... They had not found her at landfill yet.

jmo though so who knows about shoes.. never heard a thing again about
them..

what does bother me is the scarf and hat.. If we haven't heard anything does this mean these items aren't missing? only totebag (bookbag) lunch pail is missing ?

Thank you for pointing that out. I do understand it's typical in missing person cases to appeal to the public to watch for items they had on their person - its frustrating not knowing what the case maybe with Somer - for sure - when we consider shoes, hat & scarf would all be removed when a person goes inside.

Of course this is NON RELATED to Somer's case however this current story in the news & certainly the case scenerio is one many of us have considered:

[snipped] Throughout the trial the jury heard how the accused refused to go to school and instead walked around with a chip on his shoulder. Then one night, when he was 16, he lured his meek young cousin into a bush and stabbed him.

Stabbed him in the back. Then stabbed him 13 more times in the head, face and chest and left him there in Lackie's Bush. For no reason really, other than that chip.

Street smart as he was, he made the mistake of strolling over to the Allandale Recreation Centre to wash up his bloodied hands and toss the knife in the garbage, leaving behind indisputable DNA.

I am off to re-read, re-look, re-listen and re-think everything we have in this case.
Has anyone isolated the statements from the Sheriff and put them all together? Not the spokesperson, but only the words we have heard come directly out of the sheriff's mouth?

Off to play Clue

Mrs. Peacock, in the Conservatory, with the lead pipe.

The problem with high school kids is that so many of them don't have any supervision. You know what they say about idle hands.

You can't get a babysitter for a high school kid, although they often need one.

Parents are at work; they or friends have cars. Time for drugs and sex and who knows what else they do unsupervised.

Unless the teens are working or are involved in after school activties, that's a lot of time for activities between when school gets out and parents arrive home from work, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member