FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also like to add that I think it's completely ridiculous (not to mention unnecessary) that I should feel the need to "go on record" and CMA (cover my a$$) in terms of who was in the vicinity of Somer's last known location, and whether or not I personally believe any one of them may be involved in her murder.

Nevertheless, that is how I currently feel, to the detriment of the discussion of who the killer might be, according to circumstantial evidence in terms of the MPR and witness and LE statements regarding who was in the vicinity of the murder victim at the time she went missing. And yes, I chose the word "circumstantial" on purpose, because that's all any of us has to go on - "circumstantial" evidence.

According to recent moderator response (at the request of members on this thread), posts are allowed if initials are used to protect the identity of those not yet named by LE. I have tried to be careful to follow those instructed guidelines, and have also tried to be respectful to various viewpoints in the hope of gaining new insight and knowledge. Please forgive me if I have not been so.

I would respectfully ask that, in return, other viewpoints that might not necessarily be agreeable be treated with the same respect & courtesy as posts made in terms of other circumstantial suspects.

It is also my belief that someone who knows who might be responsible for the death of Somer Thompson is and has been lurking, if not posting, on these threads.

These are all just my opinions.

But I am not afraid to express them.

And I respect anyone who disagrees with them.

bbm

Who, Who, Who, said the wise old owl.

From Oct. 27

So far, no one has come forward to say they saw the girl abducted or attacked. Investigators have talked to all 161 registered sex offenders who lived within a 5-mile radius of Somer's home, but that doesn't mean they've been cleared."Does that mean that one of them is not a suspect? No, it does not mean that," Beseler said. "It means that there was nothing that we saw immediately on the outset that made one of them an obvious suspect."
http://www.news4jax.com/news/21441890/detail.html

Oct. 27

"Some of them we are going back and interviewing people we interviewed once before and asking them if they've thought about anything since the last time. We're interviewing people that may have known Somer," he said. http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...se-moving-forward/l5kYddR6R0aADiGM9Ed6FQ.cspx

BBM
Sorrell I don't think you need to defend any of your speculations/sleuthing, but that's JMO. Until someone is clear everyone is on the table. You are most respectful using initials, following TOS, I appreciate your posts.

Question: the statement I bolded, are you speculating that the killer is someone known to us already?
Or are you just saying when LE figures this whole thing out, placing the killer in the area won't be a roadblock for LE, the killer will easily fit into the vicinity at the time Somer went missing?

Because when I initially read this I thought of course they were in the area, they killed Somer and she was in the area.
But then I thought maybe someone could have taken her out of the area, and she was killed by someone else, somewhere else. But that doesn't really make sense b/c she ended up back in the community.
Unless someone outside the community wanted to make it look as if someone IN the community did it.
Anyway I am rambling. I just was trying to understand what you meant here.

Ugh, my theories change by the day, sometimes hour. Just last night I said whoever did this fit into the neighborhood easily during the day and time Somer went missing which would imply they are in/part of the neighborhood. :banghead:

I hope something breaks soon because what used to be a cohesive group interested in the common goal of justice for Somer has turned into a somewhat splintered group with some bickering and nit picking with one another. I hate to see that because I really do think that everyone is here for the right reasons. Maybe some distractors pop in from time to time but they seem obvious and usually disappear quickly.
We really don't have anything concrete except the fact that Somer was found dead in a dump. Just about everything is speculation. If it's done respectfully maybe we can get somewhere. Or maybe Somer's threads fade like a lot of other sites. I hope we can stay in this for Somer.

BBM

Are you talking about me?

about the hat and scarf....IIRC....that morning it was around 40 outside, but in the afternoon it had warmed up.....so I am thinking that she would have had these items in her book bag while walking home, not on her head or around her neck....MO

about the hat and scarf....IIRC....that morning it was around 40 outside, but in the afternoon it had warmed up.....so I am thinking that she would have had these items in her book bag while walking home, not on her head or around her neck....MO

I fell asleep last night thinking about just that. If they were in her bookbag then that would explain the kind of low key as far as they go. None of the kids could say for sure if she had them.

Normally you would think the white hat and white scarf would be at the top of the list of clothing because that would be what people saw first and would remember.

Good morning sleuths. I think with all that we have agreed to disagree on we CAN all agree on one thing:

I wish we would get a break in this case or at least have some new info to pour over. I think we can all agree also that the bickering that has been so prevelant lately is simply a sign of our growing frustration with no new info coming at us. We are bored with rehashing and rehashing the same old theories, so as a group we may have begun to act a bit short tempered with one another.

My new mantra lately is PATIENCE WITH SELF. PATIENCE WITH OTHERS.

I am turning over my request to the universe: Please - let there be a break in this case soon, bring justice sooner than later, for everyone's sake.

My son owns and operates a business in Jax that requires the use of an electrician on occasion. The electrician he uses lives in Somers neighborhood. He drives and old bread truck. He told my son recently that LE has questioned him within the past few days. He said it wasnt a big deal, but it makes me wonder if they have a POI, or suspect in this case at all.

Very interesting. Is the truck white?

I just wish we had some more information to go on. Something new from LE.

IIRC...the white hat and scarf were not even mentioned until day two or three of the search....can't remember which tho....

Why would they interview an older man, driving an old merita bread truck that lives in Somers neighborhood two days ago?

If someone saw him passing through regularly and he seemed suspicious to them, and called in a tip, does that mean LE has to investigate? Do they have to investigate every tip?

If LE had any suspects they were certain of, but waiting for more evidence, would they continue to interview people like this person? Or if they knew Somer was not sexually violated?

The last I heard they said she died of asphyxiation, but did not say what caused it. Have they said since I have been gone?

edited by me because it is wrong.

I got this mixed up with the Shaniya case where she died of asphyxiation but they have not released the means of it.

Why would they interview an older man, driving an old merita bread truck that lives in Somers neighborhood two days ago?

If someone saw him passing through regularly and he seemed suspicious to them, and called in a tip, does that mean LE has to investigate? Do they have to investigate every tip?

If LE had any suspects they were certain of, but waiting for more evidence, would they continue to interview people like this person? Or if they knew Somer was not sexually violated?

It must be the result of a tip. People are probably reporting anything unusual or just the littlest things. There is a big reward and a simple hunch could make someone a lot of cash.

Very interesting. Is the truck white?

I just wish we had some more information to go on. Something new from LE.

Thats all I got. LOL. My son said he cant tell me anything anymore because of ws. :angel:

The last I heard they said she died of asphyxiation, but did not say what caused it. Have they said since I have been gone?

Hello Dr , I had not heard that COD was released .

IIRC...the white hat and scarf were not even mentioned until day two or three of the search....can't remember which tho....

The hat and scarf were listed on the AMBER Alert but not on Monday when Sheriff appeared on TV and the description of Somer's clothes provided. Also, at that point Sheriff said for people to look for backpack and/or the clothes as described.

An AMBER Alert was issued on Tuesday morning. It does not mention the book bag or lunchbox, but mentions her possibly wearing white hat and scarf.

BBM
Narrative: A Florida AMBER Alert has been issued for Somer Thompson. She was last seen in the area of West Gano Avenue and Debarry Avenue in Orange Park. She was last seen wearing a black shirt under a cranberry colored sweat suit with pink stripes running down the arms and legs. She possibly has a red bow in her hair and may have been wearing a white hat and a white scarf.

Listed in [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4502916&postcount=2"]Facts[/ame] in this thread. Link to JPG of AMBER Alert.

Maybe they have found the hat and scarf or perhaps she left them at school?

Maybe they have found the hat and scarf or perhaps she left them at school?

Entirely possible since they aren't asking people to look for them ... or they found them with her (strangulation using scarf as COD?).

I'm wondering how big that book bag was and what else (if anything) she had in it.

Lunchbox
Papers from school?

I have no idea where this idea came from but it is really strange.

http://news.puggal.com/somer-thompson-cause-of-death-0414/

A vacant house is also under investigation near Somer’s house. Investigators are thinking on a point that it might happen that the kidnappers stayed there for three days and after that they killed her and threw on garbage landfill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo