FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder that there might be people who have not announced their connection to Diena and/or Sam, and so everyone's posts should be taken with a grain of salt. JMO

(And this one might need to be taken with two.)

Very true we have to weigh what is being said and motivation

I can see ST picking up shoes = military organization
and DT bring deviled eggs = being more socal type bring food to events

there were lots of good times, plenty of laughs, drinking on weekends never got out of control, we had game nights...the kids would play together, there were plenty funny stories out of our time spent together. We all shared a common enemy, a really horrible and gossipy neighbor, I can't tell you about how many bursts of laughter came out of that alone. We counted on each other, laughed at each other, and at ourselves.

My husband and I were the first to know about the twins...DT was complaining about her *advertiser censored* hurting...and hubby and I said "Pregnant?"....sure enough, not long after the news came.....then we kind of joked with her..."haha hey maybe you'll have twins"....and when she found out that she was having twins, we ducked and covered...thinking she might beat us both....j/k of course...but it was kind of funny to be right on both counts.

If we could only turn back time...

I total can relate to the sarcasm part. It is so me and my hubby too.. people love to listen to us at our family partys cause we are always the humorus joking couple

In the videos when people are talking about her smirk, or when she looks into the camera and is super confident in her commitment to "get" the person who did this.....it is also very heartbreaking because this smirk is Diena's protective mechanism.

What I mean by that is, you can tell that the WORST case scenarios are or having been running through her head, and you can tell that it sickens her immensely. I know her well enough to kind of know the horrible things that she is dealing with mentally and what may have happened to her baby girl.
It's painful to see her go through this....she is all over the emotional roller coaster though....hopefully she can find peace soon when a killer is brought to justice.

If it is someone she knows, that is going to be awful to deal with....if it is a complete stranger.....her anger will guide the way....thats just how people get through things like this.

4mer, you make Diena sound so normal. So maybe it's only rumor that her head spins 360 degrees? ;)

Seriously, thank you for that post. I think it's not only important that we remember Somer as a real person, but her family members as well. And as someone who attempted deviled eggs for the first time this year, I too give her kudos.

there were lots of good times, plenty of laughs, drinking on weekends never got out of control, we had game nights...the kids would play together, there were plenty funny stories out of our time spent together. We all shared a common enemy, a really horrible and gossipy neighbor, I can't tell you about how many bursts of laughter came out of that alone. We counted on each other, laughed at each other, and at ourselves.

My husband and I were the first to know about the twins...DT was complaining about her *advertiser censored* hurting...and hubby and I said "Pregnant?"....sure enough, not long after the news came.....then we kind of joked with her..."haha hey maybe you'll have twins"....and when she found out that she was having twins, we ducked and covered...thinking she might beat us both....j/k of course...but it was kind of funny to be right on both counts.

If we could only turn back time...

Thanks for sharing your happy memories. I think you said you were in the military or your late husband was. My Brother in law just retired from the army after he got back from iraq .. he was stationed in TX too. My son in law just got home from afghanistan

Thanks for sharing your happy memories. I think you said you were in the military or your late husband was. My Brother in law just retired from the army after he got back from iraq .. he was stationed in TX too. My son in law just got home from afghanistan

yep yep, he was just getting ready to retire after 20 years, three weeks from coming home he died in his sleep in Iraq. Fortunately for us, he had just come home on leave the month prior to his death. His parents said he never sounded happier than during that R&R leave.

Thanks to you and your family for continuing to serve...after all it is a small military world, and the families really do "serve" as well.

Always prefer to share the good times over the bad any day:)

No tomatoes from me! But I could really use a break from feeling like Im having tomatoes thrown at me too! Because I try my best to be truthful and told who I am and who I know, Tricia has checked me out and made sure I am who I say I am. Yet I have no assurance of that from any of you. I think everyone here is intelligent enough to know we are all bias when it comes to our family, friends, and loved ones in general. You cannot know that everything I say is true any more than I can know the same from all of you. It is called trust. Trust in the fact that we are here for the same reason. Anyone who truly wants Justice For Somer would not tell lies or give misinformation on purpose whether they know the family or not.

yep yep, he was just getting ready to retire after 20 years, three weeks from coming home he died in his sleep in Iraq. Fortunately for us, he had just come home on leave the month prior to his death. His parents said he never sounded happier than during that R&R leave.

Thanks to you and your family for continuing to serve...after all it is a small military world, and the families really do "serve" as well.

All of your posts have left me in tears. Thanks so much for sharing these memories and your sorrow. So many of us here have so much in common. My son in law is in Iraq right now as well.

Heck they probably know each other then. By brother in law stayed in one of
saddam hussein palaces and would tell up they all fished in his pond etc lol. He lived in TX for quite a while too on the base.

4mer, you make Diena sound so normal. So maybe it's only rumor that her head spins 360 degrees? ;)

Seriously, thank you for that post. I think it's not only important that we remember Somer as a real person, but her family members as well. And as someone who attempted deviled eggs for the first time this year, I too give her kudos.

Well she is normal....like all of us...all flaws included...a fun girl who likes to have a good time, she is very real...and I think misunderstood especially in the videos.

I think about Somer and how spunky she must have been if she was at all like DT. I can tell you that this woman has always worked to take care of those kids. She may have been at a disadvantage, she wasn't a stay at home mom who is able to be there all the time. I wish Somers story had a different outcome.

One more thing...before I jump in the shower...

If you are here on behalf of DT, good for you, speak up, don't be a coward.
I would hope that her true friends would rally around her instead of just spying on the message boards for her.

So since no one has said anything damaging against her....are you lurking out of the fear that someone will??? :tsktsk:

This does not pertain to me since I don't play favorites.

Playing favorites, or obsessing over one single person makes for prejudice... and lack of objectivity, one would think.

But, I gotta comment.

I can mentally visualize a pool of potential suspects in the people who we have already discussed, and also in those persons who we DO NOT KNOW of, yet.

If out of that pool of potential suspects we want to find the guilty party, our judgment should be based on evidence, or that evidence that clearly could be "sleuthed;" but it should not be based on how the person accessorizes, how low her blouse is, or whether we think that the person grieved long enough, etc...

Doing so puts us nowhere but in braces, mini skirts, pig tails, and ruffled socks, while we chew gum and giggle and gossip on a phone.

This does not pertain to me since I don't play favorites.

Playing favorites, or obsessing over one single person makes for prejudice... and lack of objectivity, one would think.

But, I gotta comment.

I can mentally visualize a pool of potential suspects in the people who we have already discussed, and also in those persons who we DO NOT KNOW of, yet.

If out of that pool of potential suspects we want to find the guilty party, our judgment should be based on evidence, or that evidence that clearly could be "sleuthed;" but it should not be based on how the person accessorizes, how low her blouse is, or whether we think that the person grieved long enough, etc...

Doing so puts us nowhere but in braces, mini skirts, pig tails, and ruffled socks, while we chew gum and giggle and gossip on a phone.

The ones who come on and say nothing strike me as odd...I've seen this happen a couple of times now, you have no idea how bad I would love to have someone solve this case, and have an arrest made. The longer it is drawn out, the harder it is for everyone.

4mer, I want those people who never post to give me tips on self-control. How they can hold back, I do not understand. ;)

The ones who come on and say nothing strike me as odd...I've seen this happen a couple of times now, you have no idea how bad I would love to have someone solve this case, and have an arrest made. The longer it is drawn out, the harder it is for everyone.

I still feel confident they will. They would have alot of DNA to process from the school kids and body location found. It least we are keeping her memory alive and not letting it drift off as the media does.

You say that what 4mernaybor and Sadnpod say are not true and that
you are only posting to clear things up that are speculation…. but yet you
can’t get into how you know DT and ST.
So are we to take what you say as fact without any back up or proof?

All I'm asking is to prove what they are saying is fact...I have no proof they are lying because there is no ppw...the same way they cannot prove it is fact there is nothing to say this happened.

I know this will sound strange but what is your avatar? is that a monkey behind the girl? I see strange things in pictures so please help me out here. I don't mean to offend .. I just don't get what is in the pic .

She is a fairy/angel.

You say you know the family - how are they holding up? It must be terrible for them to just keep waiting & hoping. Is LE in contact with them on a regular basis, giving them any updates?

It is a day by day process. LE is in contact daily. The waiting is excruciating.

4mer, I want those people who never post to give me tips on self-control. How they can hold back, I do not understand. ;)

Hi, its me, treeseeker. I don't know anyone involved. I can't keep up with the threads enough to intelligently post, but I do care and check in once in a while. I know WS will have the most updated information. I admire what you do.

I dont think your smell made them poof! Maybe mommad's question about the creepy avatar? LOL :waitasec: :banghead:

My daughter started puking in her bed. I didn't have time to say good bye. had to take care of her.

I'm sorry some of you think the avatar is creepy, but a close friend drew it for me and I love her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member