FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the fact that her scent disappeared at Gano and Debarry IIRC?

LE did say that exhaust fumes could destroy it, but there would not be fumes on a shortcut.

Just picking people's brains here. It seems posters have such good answers to my questions. Luminol needs the dark to work. (My question about why dig at night at Gano) How could she be hiddenin a dumpster and not be seen (put stuff on top-duh.)

So how could her scent disappear? I'm going with a car picking her up.

Was Debarry at the second crossing guard or third? Do you know?

What about the fact that her scent disappeared at Gano and Debarry IIRC?

LE did say that exhaust fumes could destroy it, but there would not be fumes on a shortcut.

Just picking people's brains here. It seems posters have such good answers to my questions. Luminol needs the dark to work. (My question about why dig at night at Gano) How could she be hiddenin a dumpster and not be seen (put stuff on top-duh.)

So how could her scent disappear? I'm going with a car picking her up.

BBM: Her scent disappeared at that location (we'll assume). Someone on a scooter or bicycle could have given her a ride possibly... maybe a car wasn't involved.

Theory Only

Crossing guards
Miller and Gano (Miller is school street)
Grove Park and Gano
DeBarry and Gano

First two don't know if they saw Somer; third one (DeBarry) did not.

Possible reasons for dog losing scent at DeBarry and Gano

1. Somer got in car
2. Somer turned around and walked back (I don't know if dog would distinguish scent direction)
3. Somer got ride on bike or scooter
4. Scent lost due to traffic (foot and vehicular)
5. Dog having bad day

Anything else? Maybe we can take these one by one and discredit them ... and if anyone has any other possible reasons, we'll add them and (lol) discredit them. Maybe what we're left with will be it.

Possible reasons for dog losing scent at DeBarry and Gano

1. Somer got in car
2. Somer turned around and walked back (I don't know if dog would distinguish scent direction)
3. Somer got ride on bike or scooter
4. Scent lost due to traffic (foot and vehicular)
5. Dog having bad day

Anything else? Maybe we can take these one by one and discredit them ... and if anyone has any other possible reasons, we'll add them and (lol) discredit them. Maybe what we're left with will be it.

1.If Somer got on a car at Gano and Debarry wouldn't someone have seen her. Is there a crossing guard there?

Same for 3.

I feel it's most likely 4 and 5 since this was her normal path so an old scent could be there.

I pray they find out what happened to little Somer soon and her killer is caught.It is very sad and hard for me to come here and not hear of an arrest.I do pray they find out something very soon.I keep Somer and Haleigh always in my prayers.

I pray they find out what happened to little Somer soon and her killer is caught.It is very sad and hard for me to come here and not hear of an arrest.I do pray they find out something very soon.I keep Somer and Haleigh always in my prayers.

Noway wrote yesterday that someone who killed in July just got charged yesterday. So that's 5 months. They move s l o w in Florida. I wouldn't be expecting anything until after the New Year.

This will be a bombshell that's what I'm thinking. If LE already has someone under suspicion like DT's lawyer says it must be someone who nobody thought could do it. It could be an underage killer. That's the only thing I can think of right now that would be delaying everything. I know Elizabeth's killer got caught right away but Somer's murderer threw her in the trash and made it that much harder to even figure out where she was killed. I think though she was killed in those woods near pond and turtles. That may have been where Somer hung out when there was nobody on her side to play with and life got too hard for the sweet 7 year old.

Hi Gang, Just wanted to throw in my:twocents: According to this news clip, Somer WALKED away from Sibs. rather than RAN away from them so this makes me think that the last spot where the sibs saw her is the exact point so.....which direction could this be? (sorry I forgot)

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21352846/index.html

So my understanding according to above article is this, Somer was dismissed from school @ 2:50....she caught up with sibs @ 1100 block Gano. Altercation took place and Somer wandered off from their sight.

Also according to the above clip (contrary to MPR) It was DT who phone home @ 4pm to see if the kids made it home okay. SP stated Somer had not returned and that they had been looking for her the past hour. DT leaves work @ 4pm...... flags down a Deputy @ 5?

Sorry for the numerous posts, I am posting as thoughts come from my pea brain. So if it is true that Somer left the school by herself @ 2:50 then caught up with sibs @ 1100 Gano, wouldn't the sibs see what direction she was going when she walked away from them?

Did I scare everyone away? LOL

I'm still here. I just don't know what to think anymore. It's hard watching that clip knowing that Somer was long dead before they even started the huge search and he's saying tomorrow we will look harder.

We now know that she was seen @ 1050 Gano. Are the addresses decreasing or increasing?

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/...id=49317740001

From the video report: Yesterday when Somer was was had the little squabble with friend at school - her older sister is 10 and tried to calm her down, and they were walking from school around a lot of people...i mean patrol officers, police officers, and as she was walking down the sidewalk sister is trying to calm her down and apparently somer just takes off, and was chased for a while by older sister but she couldn't keep up with her - sherrif told me just a moment ago she could have gone into a wooded area, she could have gone into a sidestreet, she could have gone into a pond...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4556306&postcount=73"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4556306&postcount=73[/ame]

Sorry for the numerous posts, I am posting as thoughts come from my pea brain. So if it is true that Somer left the school by herself @ 2:50 then caught up with sibs @ 1100 Gano, wouldn't the sibs see what direction she was going when she walked away from them?

I think they said she ran ahead of them so it would be west down Gano. Noway has the map somewhere. The numbers went down. AT saw her 1100 Gano.

Noway wrote this in November and then at beginning of thread there is the map.

UPDATED MAP ON THREAD INCLUDES CROSSING GUARD AND BOY NEAR PROPANE TANKS

For reference ... bringing forward

Red = where siblings last saw her at Gano and Solomon

Blue = where CS (minor) last saw her at Gano and Grove Park Drive

Green = 1080 Gano

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj101/NoWay406/89f440ee.jpg

Thanks Tarabull, well we have two conflicting reports just to complicate things even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro