FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
mornin cam.. wonder if wlk goes to trial today? Wish I was following trash trucks... and I wish posters would stop attacking posters and I wish this perp was dead whoever it is.. hows your day?
good morning Sad, and all....like my mom always said...."wish in one hand and sh*& in the other, and see which one fills up the fastest" LOL....you guys have a great day....time to flip the burgers!!!

I would do both....911 first.....I have to agree .... when DT said she had a "GUT FEELING", why did she wait??? Makes no sense to me....better to be safe, than sorry, esp when it comes to your child....MO

Cam you make a GREAT point!

Would safe include closing the windows of opportunity?????

Would sorry be an apporpriate response?

YEAH we aren't talking about where you park your new car (baby) in the parking lot while you go into the mall......we are talking about A REAL LIFE.

I don't mean to be nit-picky. Devise a scenario, Pin> who, what, when, where and how. Out in broad daylight, very quickly, no noise, find a way to get rid of the body. Plus, as a kid, you may be accountable to be somewhere else, plus if there was more than one, somebody might blab. I don't get the feeling that LE ever suspected kids, either. And whether I like what they've done or are doing, it is their area of expertise. As for me, I am getting to where I am posting in all caps so I am going to stop now, lol.

Kids might tease her (did it) or whack her or even beat her up, but I doubt they would kill her when her sister and brother might have doubled back looking for her while they were doing it. Whereas, an adult could have done it quickly and efficiently before the kids had a chance to know what happened.

What if someone looking for her found her....very early on there were only KIDS out looking for her. She had some places she'd go....that much has been confirmed - has it not? What if one of them found her in one of her secluded hiding spots when they went looking???????

You asked, I'm just saying.....there are plenty of scenerio's in my opinion.

(eta: REMEMBER the kids were already aruging, THEY CHASED HER FOR **** SAKES!)

A teen would be strong enough or even 2 younger kids. This could definitely have been someone who Somer fought with. Kids are vicious sometimes. This makes so much sense because nobody saw anyone. A kid wouldn't stand out where as a man would.

Kids also can't keep quiet. IMO kids would have talked.

When Somer used to wander off, how long was she generally gone for? Has anyone seen that noted anywhere?

I question because people bring up DT's "knowing something is wrong this time," and I'd like to know if perhaps she got worried because Somer had been gone longer than usual?

It was 4ish when she found out, right? Did Somer usually wander off and show up by 3:30 or something?

I've followed the case from the beginning and really don't have an opinion developed on possible perps, but I would like to address the juvenile aspect.

Have any of you read up on Elizabeth Olten's case? Her perp was a 15 year old girl (and Elizabeth was bigger than Somer). I think it is an entirely plausible idea. Alyssa Bustamante (Elizabeth's alleged murderer) simply lured EO into the woods. Could this have been done to Somer? And AB took care of the cover-up of EO also and actually hit it for a while -- cops searched the area and passed right over her body.

I think more is possible than what seems logically possible from our given facts.

That said... do any of ST's friends have older siblings that might stick up for them?

When Somer used to wander off, how long was she generally gone for? Has anyone seen that noted anywhere?

I question because people bring up DT's "knowing something is wrong this time," and I'd like to know if perhaps she got worried because Somer had been gone longer than usual?

It was 4ish when she found out, right? Did Somer usually wander off and show up by 3:30 or something?

Up to an hour, so to panic at 4:00 would be premature, for this situation.

Up to an hour, so to panic at 4:00 would be premature, for this situation.

OK thank you for clearing that up.

Edit: When was DT quotes as saying that she felt this situation was different? Before she started searching or after? Would 4:00 be right at 1 hr?

OK thank you for clearing that up.

Edit: When was DT quotes as saying that she felt this situation was different? Before she started searching or after? Would 4:00 be right at 1 hr?

IIRC school let out at 2:42

Correct; it was the sheriff in the video who says she looked for 2-1/2 hours - and while he is saying this, she is looking at him without any change of expression as if to say What? I wasn't out there that long...and then the sheriff says she "contacted" police, he didn't say how she did it. If my kid is gone over 2-1/2 hours (because she had been gone before Diena had texted SP) and had taken off in a "huff" after being "teased" or in a "fight" I am calling 911. I am going to ask posters here. Would you, under these circumstances call 911 or would you go looking and send people looking? Personally, I would have called 9-1-1 and shot straight home, looking left and right and up and down all the way. If for no other reason, to get to the other kids and find out what happened to their sister.

DT didn't know the circumstances because she was looking before she got home to talk to AT.

Honestly, the first time Somer wandered off should have been the last, even if it meant hiring a bodyguard.

IIRC school let out at 2:42

So then if Somer generally only wandered off for an hour or so, then maybe 4:00 WOULD be cause for concern if she hadn't returned yet. Maybe the difference was nothing more than her being gone longer than normal. Maybe it was because she was paranoid about leaving the kids alone and when something went wrong her emotions went on overdrive.

Greetings one and all; May I make a suggestion? Seems as though the past few days this thread has turned into a debate over the proper way to raise a child. Regardless of our own parenting skills, experiences, beliefs, it is taking us away from the true matter at hand. Regardless of who you support or don't (DT,ST,SP,etc), it shouldn't matter. I hope we are all here for Somer. Whether she wandered off constantly, had friends, hugged strangers, etc could play a role in her demise. However, coulda woulda shoulda isn't getting us anywhere. What do you say we focus on those new pictures that sad was kind enough to take for us of places off the beaten path... how about we start with the possibilities of directions she could have gone? Whatcha say? Can I get a post count?

Greetings one and all; May I make a suggestion? Seems as though the past few days this thread has turned into a debate over the proper way to raise a child. Regardless of our own parenting skills, experiences, beliefs, it is taking us away from the true matter at hand. Regardless of who you support or don't (DT,ST,SP,etc), it shouldn't matter. I hope we are all here for Somer. Whether she wandered off constantly, had friends, hugged strangers, etc could play a role in her demise. However, coulda woulda shoulda isn't getting us anywhere. What do you say we focus on those new pictures that sad was kind enough to take for us of places off the beaten path... how about we start with the possibilities of directions she could have gone? Whatcha say? Can I get a post count?

ITA....

:woohoo:

My shortcut idea was through the park to Willow to Arbor Circle, through friend's yard on Arbor and out to DeBarry. If taken at that point (which was my theory) then taken into house for sale or foreclosure by real estate type person. I think it was Thread 16 that MommaD and I ran through this scenario.

It is just as possible that she was taken anywhere along this route (or another version of the shortcut) but I think Sad said that Willow was "obvious" ...

Remember the picture of the ditch that sad took? Wasn't that a possible shortcut to her home?

What about the fact that her scent disappeared at Gano and Debarry IIRC?

LE did say that exhaust fumes could destroy it, but there would not be fumes on a shortcut.

Just picking people's brains here. It seems posters have such good answers to my questions. Luminol needs the dark to work. (My question about why dig at night at Gano) How could she be hiddenin a dumpster and not be seen (put stuff on top-duh.)

So how could her scent disappear? I'm going with a car picking her up.

All the "facts" released in this case seem to have a contradictory "fact" to go along with it.

School lets out at 2:32 according to the GPE website.

Sgt. Dan Mahla is quoted (and reporter asks him to verify) that Somer was released by the school at 2:50 p.m.

But she was last seen by her siblings at 2:45 p.m.

Sgt. Mahla also states that she caught up with her siblings in the 1100 block of Gano, which someone here pointed out would be AFTER the Gano House. (So how could Kyle be the last one to see her if she caught up with them after the Gano House? Are they discounting what any kid reported and only accepting adults' word?)

I can't tell what came first in this case ... HELP!

Remember the picture of the ditch that sad took? Wasn't that a possible shortcut to her home?

I edited my post above.

I had her going through the park (didn't know about the ditch that ran up side then) but from what Sad told me, cutting up that way ... Willow is the (an?) obvious exit.

I wondered whether Somer's siblings had taken a shortcut too (or instead). Scenario: She runs ahead and AT and ST plan to get home ahead of her and take shortcut?

THEORY ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member