FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadnpod, I have time now & been trying to sleuth the lab worker by searches. I am not coming up with the thread & not making proper searches. Could you all think back & get me a search term. The arrest record was posted, there was a news article, the lab vehicle was in the driveway, a neighbor called police. Need some help, this should be revisited IMO, see if there's an update what happened perhaps?

Sadnpod, I have time now & been trying to sleuth the lab worker by searches. I am not coming up with the thread & not making proper searches. Could you all think back & get me a search term. The arrest record was posted, there was a news article, the lab vehicle was in the driveway, a neighbor called police. Need some help, this should be revisited IMO, see if there's an update what happened perhaps?

G/F.. you dont want me.. I will try, but I have no idea for a search term.. We need the big guns to help...

Noway, Tara, Chick, Ccane, Human, Chee, Sorrell, Paris, MommaD... the list goes on and in no particular order... everyone who knows more than I .... anyone?

Thanks in advance and thanks dee10 for trying. I have time now too.

Somer's mother Diena also took time out to judge the show but it wasn't about winning first place. But bringing justice for Somer.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...t-forgotten-Somer/Ww0IZe_bQES9d4mVt7PF0Q.cspx

Thx for that link Cane.

I've been quiet about the fund raising & have supported it up to a certain extent, because I believe the kids need & deserve to be provided for.

Nervertheless, I'm taking the gloves off at this point & will say what is becoming obvious, to me at least.

It would seem that fund raising is turning into an occupation. IMO, it gives the appearance that she's capitalizing on her daughter's murder. It's beginning to resemble a post-mortem insurance policy.

She says she's doing it "To bring justice for Somer." How can judging a car show "Bring justice for Somer"?!

I remember many threads ago someone asked me that if DT was indeed a narcissist, what might she do in order to continue to remain in the limelight?

I think we're witnessing the answer to that question.

Could this be the story you're looking for, or was it more recent?

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/..._officer_charged_with_sexual_battery_on_minor

Thx for that link Cane.

I've been quiet about the fund raising & have supported it up to a certain extent, because I believe the kids need & deserve to be provided for.

Nervertheless, I'm taking the gloves off at this point & will say what is becoming obvious, to me at least.

It would seem that fund raising is turning into an occupation. IMO, it gives the appearance that she's capitalizing on her daughter's murder. It's beginning to resemble a post-mortem insurance policy.

She says she's doing it "To bring justice for Somer." How can judging a car show "Bring justice for Somer"?!

I remember many threads ago someone asked me that if DT was indeed a narcissist, what might she do in order to continue to remain in the limelight?

I think we're witnessing the answer to that question.

I hear ya and I am going to wait and see what she does with the money they are raising before I say anything.

I also think she has some very important people in that area behind the scenes doing this stuff for her. Not your normal family fund raising.

Thank you Zannah and I didnt even name you ....oops lol... thanks so much.

I hope she stop by to visit somer yesterday at her grave
I am not sure how the fund raising will be of help to Somer

~snipped~

Noway, if you didn't try it you can click the post # at the top right of each post and it will open a new page of the single post where you can copy the link and paste it here.

I did that. It's in my previous post. I thought I'd quote the post there too but the formatting was giving me fits.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/15505198/index.html

Here is the Websleuths post: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4322499&postcount=253"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, age 7, missing from Orange Park, thread #3[/ame]

It was in Thread 3. The problem is that the link she provides to the video doesn't bring you to any video and I haven't been able to find one that matches date 10/21 and includes the statement.

If anyone out there has been saving videos to hard drive, we sure could use!

I'll check Amanda's photobucket ...

I hear ya and I am going to wait and see what she does with the money they are raising before I say anything.

I also think she has some very important people in that area behind the scenes doing this stuff for her. Not your normal family fund raising.

Hey Doc, I'm not sure how you intend to find out what will be done with the money. Are you regularly informed of how the money has been spent at various collection sites around OP like a purple Salvation Army kettle or something, so far?
Do you get bank statements that tells how she is spending this money collected from the car show or Bike Rally's or Concerts? Some of it probably does go to a Thompson Foundation Trust for the children we are told. But, she does not have any income from a job so it is going to buy food, clothing, utilities, and incidentals large and small. Her home belongs to her parents. Which is very fortunate. And there have been many in-kind donations from businesses. I suspect DT is in for quite a shock from the IRS. She is not a 501c3 charitable organization. All of these donations and gifts are taxable normally at a near 30% rate! Something to think about.

Just to put in down in black and white:

Donations to JC Crimestoppers = non profit
Donations to Diena Thompson = for profit

How long does a case have before it is considered a "cold case"? How long should the general public have to wait to find out what kind of animal is in our midst? Was she sexually assaulted? Is there a sexual predator on the prowl after our children? Does he live across the street, next door? Do we have a right to know the answer? Or is the answer obvious, that they are everywhere and knowing the answer in this case will not change this. It can always be the person next door, the person across the street, the "uncle" that hangs around our house, the friends dad, evil will continue even after we know who killed somer. Is LE obligated to tell us or the family the facts in this case? If so, when?

Could this be the story you're looking for, or was it more recent?

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/..._officer_charged_with_sexual_battery_on_minor

Thanks so much Zannah, this was the article! We discussed it a few weeks after Somer was found & I see this happened in around Aug. 8th. Worth having another look to see what happened.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

General:
Further one showing the JSO Inmate it says "Released", but did not indicate a court date. I am not good a reading these. Maybe someone could help, does this mean the girl dropped charges so there was no court date or what? TIA

Thanks so much Zannah, this was the article! We discussed it a few weeks after Somer was found & I see this happened in around Aug. 8th. Worth having another look to see what happened.

General:
Further one showing the JSO Inmate it says "Released", but did not indicate a court date. I am not good a reading these. Maybe someone could help, does this mean the girl dropped charges so there was no court date or what? TIA

http://inmatesearch.jaxsheriff.org/...ooy55zy1qxb55540jbl45))/IISInmateDetails.aspx

Yes, please, anyone?

General:

Glad to help. I'm wondering how often that happens--the arrest for this kind of crime and then no court case is found. There was an Orange Park guy I saw an arrest on for capital sexual battery, but then couldn't locate any court record. Didn't occur to me that someone might have dropped the charges . . .

Hey Doc, I'm not sure how you intend to find out what will be done with the money. Are you regularly informed of how the money has been spent at various collection sites around OP like a purple Salvation Army kettle or something, so far?
Do you get bank statements that tells how she is spending this money collected from the car show or Bike Rally's or Concerts? Some of it probably does go to a Thompson Foundation Trust for the children we are told. But, she does not have any income from a job so it is going to buy food, clothing, utilities, and incidentals large and small. Her home belongs to her parents. Which is very fortunate. And there have been many in-kind donations from businesses. I suspect DT is in for quite a shock from the IRS. She is not a 501c3 charitable organization. All of these donations and gifts are taxable normally at a near 30% rate! Something to think about.

Just to put in down in black and white:

Donations to JC Crimestoppers = non profit
Donations to Diena Thompson = for profit

Another reason for the attny. I am bothered by people making money off this for many reasons, especially future mothers or families with sickos who might have a new reason to kill a child. Its not so far fetched.. the attention seekers and they can get rich? When will this become the norm?

I also dont think many realize these donations are a mixed blessing. Its there and I want to spend it, but someone is watching. I better be careful.... and the taxes.. YES, something to think about.

How long does a case have before it is considered a "cold case"?

sbm

From this link:

http://www.enotes.com/forensic-science/cold-case

A cold case is any criminal investigation by a law enforcement agency that has not been solved for (generally) at least one year and, as a result, has been closed from further regular investigations. A cold case may be closed for various reasons such as: previously available technology was not able to adequately analyze the evidence in order to form a conclusion; witnesses were hostile and uncooperative; various time constraints hindered the investigation; the originally assigned detectives had a heavy workload; a lack of worthwhile leads stalled the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3