FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess no one saw my various posts, asking about the basic facts here..

cause of death?

sexual assault or NOT???

and why would LE keep this info secret??? is this SOP in the Jax area? How were other cases handled...did they give out this info?

why might they be holding back that info in the case of Somer???

anyone?? thanks

Another comment about the funeral that has nothing to do with finding somers killer.

Yes... Im going there again. It was ALL mind boggeling to me. The way DT dressed, and yes her sisters too. The way baldie was her "strength" and the way all the children were kinda on their own. I cant imagine not clinging to them. They would be my strength and my reason for being able to stand and walk at that time. Yet, I never, not once, saw her comfort or hold them. Not at the visitation or the burial. I saw lil st in so much pain that it took everything I had not to hug him myself. ST being in a wheelchair and unable to walk is all that held him back. I am sure it had nothing to do with PC's obvious "shield" technique. If it were really about protecting him from his own children, wouldnt it be YOU doing the protecting?

The way DT was so distraught and didnt give the glare at st or me, when general public or cameras were around, but almost immediately became hostile at the burial when it was only her entourage and the four of us. (and LE).

Doesnt this show an emotional detachment? I dont want to get graphic, but can any of you imagine being more concerned that your ex doesnt get to comfort his kids because YOU dont want him to, than you would be at that moment - when your precious child is in a coffin in front of you and is about to be put in the ground? Lost to you forever in this life? I really cant imagine caring about anything else, being able to think about anything else, other than my surviving children who would be in my arms. I would be their shield from anything I thought could harm them.
One repeated thought that rings true to me in this forum about DT is this:
It is all ME, ME, ME and she is enjoying the attention.

Her dress at the funeral is important to me because it shows her concern with looking, not just good, but attractive, at that time.. who seriously would consider this? Well, other than those trying to impress someone? The crazy purple funeral stalkers, crashers.. (yes that is how I refer to them) among all those caring people.

This is from my point of view:
Somer is missing, OMG that is sams daughter, and she was taken so close to my sons home..OMG it could have been my ****. I have to get to sam and let him know I will help get him to florida and provide a place for him to stay. I call my fam and we work out logistics. I go to sam and he tells me that LE doesnt advise him to leave yet. Somers body is found. I again go to sam and tell him about the birthmark thats been released on the news at home. I realize he cant ride with me and he tells me of the donated van and two friends that will go with him. I leave for home on friday. I cry for the whole ride home. I look terrible and distraught when I arrive. Saturday I go to jax and stay at my sons. I know I have to find something to wear, but all my appropriate funeral attire is for cold weather. I cant leave my babies long enough to think about it. So I hear about the purple and st arrives on sunday night. I dig through my suitcase and find an outfit that is decent to wear as I dont really care. Mommad called me out and said my top had low cleavage like DT's. The video she saw of me was me pushing st uphill (who is three times my weight) and I was stooped over. The point Im trying to make is that I didnt care if I had purple, new clothes, if my hair or nails were done, if I was gonna be on TV (duh, I really didnt think of that). I didnt care about anything, except sam was somers father and she was gone, murdered. I didnt want to go. I wanted to stay with my babies and hold them. I didnt want to witness his grief, it was horrible to watch. I didnt want to see DT's grief or the kids. I didnt want to go shopping for purple. I did what I had to do. I supported sam because I love him. I grieved for somer and made myself witness all of it because it is what family does for each other.

Of course, none of this has to do with somers murderer, I just want to know what your thoughts are on what you would have done? If you were DT. Search your heart, what would be important to you?

IMO that is why we question dts role in this.

Fashion update: All current clothing has scoop necks or low necks except for turtle necks. I know because I can't wear them. I DON'T HAVE A RACK. I layer with T-shirts. For a funeral I would select a plain, black dress. Purple craze or not. Black = mourning, still, in etiquette, which nobody seems to count any more. Now everybody wears spaghetti straps whether it is below zero or not. Or minis. Or something that says, I am going to look good.
There is a huge difference between a "low" neck and a plunging neckline where you practically would have to do a Jennifer Lopez and tape your *advertiser censored* to keep them from falling out.

What you did and are doing is brave. I push 300 pounders in wheelchairs every day. I get my badge caught in their hair from pushing. You gave yourself, your home, you made sure your children were loved and cared for while you reached out. What truly grieving people need are not words and cliches and TV and entertainment. They need a PRESENCE, of someone they can TRUST, they need to cry, talk, have someplace and someone who will be there.

cause of death?

sexual assault or NOT???

and why would LE keep this info secret??? is this SOP in the Jax area? How were other cases handled...did they give out this info?

anyone?? thanks

Logical:

I saw your post and I have the same questions. Just no answers, that's why I didn't reply.

Wish I had the answers to any of them.

The important thing was that he was able to speak to the kids, but I think its very important for he and DT to be able to talk freely about their children, and their loss. For all of the THOMPSON family. Anyone IMO that impedes this whether it be on DT's or ST's "side" should step back.

The way it has been told to me by ST and his family is that he was with the kids 2-2 1/2 yrs ago. They spoke frequently on the phone, (his mother and sister too) at first, it gradually declined with excuses when he or anyone else called. Sometimes when ST called, DT would let him talk, or if the kids themselves answered. He stated to me that he thought these were the times when PC was not home. IDK. St didnt speak to them at all for a couple of months before somers death. Then finally PC telling LH and DT (st mom) not to call back, to call the attorney. This was after somers death. IDK if child support was the factor in not letting them communicate. He claims to me she got support, but IDK how much or when. IMO child support and communication are apples and oranges.. legally they are too as far as I know. You dont pay child support to see your children. (unless your jailed for nonpayment)

So PC wants to lawyer up.

OH DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN. HOW SICK. I can think of a dozen scenarios that would have been kind. LE asking ST to leave? Considering he was not allowed to attend the reception which is a normal course of events, would it have killed LE to have a det. stay with him at the gravesite a little longer? I am enraged and thinking out loud...DT has been saved....she needs to get with Billy Graham and have him talk with her about being a holy woman...ST was right to ask for a follow-up from a pastor, this is a NORMAL THING to do when someone has "been saved" as a result of a huge uh-oh and a normal scramble to get to God...it's afterward when that fades away again...well this Pastor did NOT DO HIS JOB.

Sorry if I sound like know it all arrogant judgmental again...I am a singer. I have sung at many memorial services. I know the back office stuff. There were some where the Pastor/Priest had NO idea about the dead person, they do a little facts sheet with the family and wing it in their sermons. I sang at one where the deceased was a resident in my NH whose family had written her off long ago. Nobody knew or cared anything about her. She was basically a pretty mean woman...and the priest was beside himself because he had to do a mass for the only 2 people that showed up besides me. So I just got up there and talked about how I would go to her room to bring her to activities and that she was bright, intelligent, had a tough time breathing, always put on her make up, etc., I was desparate to give SOMETHING positive. The people were bawling. The priest told me, you know, people think we have it easy. How the heck was I supposed to know what to say?

I get the impression pastor had interview with mom and pulled those stories out of her and made a decision to be politically correct in front of that huge crowd, because, you know, you can't TALK ABOUT SIN anymore, or HELL, or EVIL, it makes people UNCOMFORTABLE. Especially if it's going on National TV. Hey, he has a great opportunity here to increase the church attendance and revenue 100% if some of those people who were so freaked out think: Maybe I should get up Sunday and go to church.

Talk about Hypocrisy! Celebrate the little girl's fun personality, do nothing to heal the ridiculous and mean-spirited treatment of the father, leave him out of obit, lunch, whatever...The pastor should have met with both parents before the service and spoken about Somer and how she would want peace today. And we see on that uncut video a report that the Pastor kept eye contact and BONDED with DT through the whole service. Oh SAD I am so glad today that you have been there for ST. No thank you, we can buy our own lunch....God Bless YOU.

....if they removed ANYBODY, it should have been CPC OR THAT UNCLE!!!!!

I guess I didnt make myself clear once again (sorry all). I think the pastor did the best he could under the circumstances. ST could have put more effort into visiting the Pastor before the funeral too. IDK if DT mentioned ST to him. Excluding him from the obit and st not contacting them, maybe the pastor didnt know of him until we arrived. He seemed surprised to me.

LE did not, in any way, force ST to leave the graveside. They encouraged him to because it was time. I am thankful for their treatment of him.
I dont think anyone but family saw the foot stomp, certainly not LE. He could have pressed charges and we talked about it, but his foot was ok and he had other things to deal with. It seemed petty.

This was not an "amber alert" case...really people should learn what an amber alert is, that is when they have a suspect to BOLO

To me all this talk on here is just that...talk...the "sleuthing" has not done much

LE apparently is keeping this close...not giving out any info

not even "cause of death"....we don't even know IF this is a case of sexual assault or not

This is a totally sad case but I would be more interested at this point to figure out WHY LE is not releasing any info:?? What other "cases" have we seen this in? why would it be done?? Is this something particular to THIS LE agency/s? Or is it simply particular to the case of Somer Thompson??

and what does it mean?? any one wish to give some input and insights as to what LE is doing here, and why they are doing it and what it might mean? thanks

If you will scroll back on these posts to the first one I linked, it is a very lengthy unedited tape. The anchor on the tape regularly covers police beat. She talks at length about why the cause of death has not been revealed, as well as why LE is not talking. Hope that will answer your concern, you have asked it several times before.

I find this case so bizarre, no updates, no media coverage at all. This obviously means something. I now believe there must be a "Hush" order that has been sent to all media outlets regarding this case. I also find it extremely hard to believe that a Pastor would advise a Father of a murdered child not to attend a reception. IMO this is weird.

cause of death?

sexual assault or NOT???

anyone?? thanks

I am answering because you asked again but only to say IDK...the COD, whether she was sexually assaulted, or any of your questions pertaining to OPPD or CCSO.. IDK

I would like to add that I believe we would all have better things to talk about if we knew the answers to any of these questions.

I find this case so bizarre, no updates, no media coverage at all. This obviously means something. I now believe there must be a "Hush" order that has been sent to all media outlets regarding this case. I also find it extremely hard to believe that a Pastor would advise a Father of a murdered child not to attend a reception. IMO this is weird.

I agree with you.

And, I also find it weird that a pastor would do such a thing.

We need to remember that this info came from a poster. I have no reason to doubt Sadnpod and I beleive her heart is here for Somer. I appreciate her insight and personal knowledge of the case. But, IMO her info is like any other poster's as far as fact/rumor. All posts no matter who they come from, IMO should be taken with a grain or two of salt.

I find the questioning of DT's faith or if the pastor "did his job" offensive. JMO

IMO a person's faith if personal. That is between DT and God.

I have to ask...what does her faith have to do with our conversation here and why is it being questioned?

ETA: This was posed in an earlier post...
DT has been saved....she needs to get with Billy Graham and have him talk with her about being a holy woman
IMO that is offensive

It relates to Somer's father asking the Pastor to follow-up with DT on her spiritual journey, which was a kind thing to do.

It relates to the unkind way Somer's father was treated IN THE CHURCH at the funeral of his daughter.

It relates to the Pastor's neglect in trying to maintain peace and an atmosphere of fairness at this sad time. He obviousy made a decision NOT to include the father, and he obviously took sides with the mother. Any other conclusion seems to be incorrect.

Billy Graham organization has people to do extensive follow up work with people who either attend his rallys or otherwise communicate with him that they have found Christ. After finding Christ, one hopefully gets to know him and becomes familiarized with his teachings. One of his main teachings is forgiveness. Billy Graham would have done a great job at that funeral. DT has a long way to go, and maybe it isn't time for her yet.

What this has to do with the murder is what I keep saying: behavior is a window to the truth. If you read Sadnpod's posts about what happened, and then come back and post that you think it is o-k, there's not much use in discussing this. People who act so cruelly as did the Uncle and CPC (who would not allow the father to see his children) aren't one person at a funeral and another in the rest of their lives. It's all about context.

LE knew what appears to be within minutes, COD. I have based my thoughts on what happened to Somer on sheer speculation. If I really dissect the comments that LE has made it leads me to think that there was not a sexually motivated crime, that the individual/s have not been involved in any prior crime. LE states they are watching someone however they did not actually state that this person was a POI. If it is true that Family have been kept out of the Loop, than it leads me to think that they still have not been cleared by LE. So.....where does this lead one's thoughts to?????

I am not saying that DT or ST are involved but.......someone knows something. There is no way that the gossip mongers that surround the situ know zip. JMO

cause of death?

sexual assault or NOT???

anyone?? thanks

How would we know??? Nothing has been released which in a way has caused nothing but confusion. My gut feeling is she either wasn't sexually assaulted or if there was sexual assault it was chronic by others not the killer. Maybe that's why lE can't get into the sexual assault aspect. It could cause the killer to flee or lawyer up. The kids should be interviewed in my opinion for any type of abuse.

Hi Cath, nice to see you!
It really didnt seem so weird after the hostility directed at ST at the burial. Honestly I was thankful.

It relates to Somer's father asking the Pastor to follow-up with DT on her spiritual journey, which was a kind thing to do.

It relates to the unkind way Somer's father was treated IN THE CHURCH at the funeral of his daughter.

It relates to the Pastor's neglect in trying to maintain peace and an atmosphere of fairness at this sad time. He obviousy made a decision NOT to include the father, and he obviously took sides with the mother. Any other conclusion seems to be incorrect.

Billy Graham organization has people to do extensive follow up work with people who either attend his rallys or otherwise communicate with him that they have found Christ. After finding Christ, one hopefully gets to know him and becomes familiarized with his teachings. One of his main teachings is forgiveness. Billy Graham would have done a great job at that funeral. DT has a long way to go, and maybe it isn't time for her yet.

What this has to do with the murder is what I keep saying: behavior is a window to the truth. If you read Sadnpod's posts about what happened, and then come back and post that you think it is o-k, there's not much use in discussing this. People who act so cruelly as did the Uncle and CPC (who would not allow the father to see his children) aren't one person at a funeral and another in the rest of their lives. It's all about context.

1st BBM: That is your opinion of her faith, of which only DT and God know. You don't know she has a long way to go. Again, to me, that is offensive.

2nd BBM: I have said it time and time again, while Sadnpod has given a lot of personal insight, her posts are her opinion of things. That does not make everything she says FACT. I take her posts like any others, with a grain of salt. I value her posts and find her to be a kind and caring soul. But, they are her opinions and IMO are not written in stone facts. JMO MOO and all that jazz.

1st BBM: That is your opinion of her faith, of which only DT and God know. You don't know she has a long way to go. Again, to me, that is offensive.

2nd BBM: I have said it time and time again, while Sadnpod has given a lot of personal insight, her posts are her opinion of things. That does not make everything she says FACT. I take her posts like any others, with a grain of salt. I value her posts and find her to be a kind and caring sould. But, they are her opinions and IMO are not written in stone facts. JMO MOO and all that jazz.

BBM
Thank you. My opinions from my perception... NO facts and NONE implied.

Okay, look at all the other sad cases, recently Shaynia Davis, the fact that she was raped wasn't kept a secret. They found her apparent killer within days. Elizabeth Olten cause of death released. So...what is up with this case? We have a murdered child with COD determined at the onset.

I guess I didnt make myself clear once again (sorry all). I think the pastor did the best he could under the circumstances. ST could have put more effort into visiting the Pastor before the funeral too. IDK if DT mentioned ST to him. Excluding him from the obit and st not contacting them, maybe the pastor didnt know of him until we arrived. He seemed surprised to me.

LE did not, in any way, force ST to leave the graveside. They encouraged him to because it was time. I am thankful for their treatment of him.
I dont think anyone but family saw the foot stomp, certainly not LE. He could have pressed charges and we talked about it, but his foot was ok and he had other things to deal with. It seemed petty.

You made yourself very clear. No, the Pastor did NOT do his job! In any case where a child dies - violence or no - any Pastor should have communicated beforehand with BOTH biological parents and anticipated any problems that could arise. It was his job as a spiritual leader to help make this peaceful and meaningful. Of course he knew of ST, you know he had to have heard the news, talked to people, his church was chosen for the service. How did he seem surprised? Of course, he was also introduced or re-introduced before the service to ST. That is all standard procedure. ST was in the front row, right? Immediate family always sit in the front row. The reporter said that the Pastor connected with DT. There was another statement in answer to an inaudible question which I took to refer to ST. The reporter says that she saw him there, but she was in the back...

I hope nobody tells me that this Pastor did not know this funeral would be on nationwide news. That is even more reason that he should have checked, double checked and triple checked to make sure everyone was treated respectfully and fairly. BECAUSE of the coverage, I am certain that he prepared his remarks accordingly, so as not to offend non-religious people attending.

I didn't think LE forced ST away from the gravesite. I just thought maybe it would have been kind of one of them to remain with him just a little longer. It had to have been hell for him, because at the gravesite IT'S OVER. And he had nowhere to go and talk to people and from the way he was treated, he must have known people were still taking about him. Sad, sad, sad wrong wrong wrong. I don't think Somer likes it.

I would be interested in knowing how LE in that area handled other cases..

as for the video...why not just tell us what it said?? or what you think it said (regarding why the info is not made public)

I personally am coming to the same conclusion..there was no sexual assault...this was a case of rage...or kids....or a coverup of an accident...many possibilities

In my life's experiences, I have NEVER seen a pastor prepare his remarks accordingly as to not offend a non beleiver. Just saying.

LogicalMinds, I hear you. I think we will be quite surprised when they do arrested the person/persons responsible for this. All we do know at this point is the fact that Somer was murdered.

I personally do not care about the pending Divorce or Custody hearings, this to me just muddies the waters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csiapril77