FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just like to say that I do not know who murdered this child. Or why.Or how.I am beginning to wonder if this case will ever be solved.

I'm remaining confident in that colossal amount of evidence CCSO had to send to other labs.

Hold onto hope until the Sheriff says "We got all the test results back and we still don't have a clue."

I'm appealing to one of the terrific mods:

Is there any way another thread could be started for little Somer for those who love and miss her - a thread where tributes, kind words, along with the beautiful descriptions of Somer, the little person, can be placed? I would very much appreciate that. Tia

And I read it like this:

investigators were processing a vacant, burned-out home on Gano Avenue where witnesses last saw Somer

as in the vacant burned-out home was the place witnesses last saw Somer ...

LOL

I understand. You could rephrase it: On Gano Avenue, where witnesses last saw Somer, investigators were processing a vacant, burned-out home...

LOL

So much depends on what people said when and how they said it. It is maddening (IMO) We could literally do English exercises on here by changing the structures of sentences.

I do not see where she says this person killed her. And it has yet to shown that this was a child predator/molestation killing. If that should prove to be the case then I will concede, on that point, anyway. But, I still do not see an accusation on murder here either.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...on’s_mom_i_tell_her_every_day_that_i_love_her

She calls the killer "he....it" on here and some other very interesting things. I can't bold it unless I go back and bold it originally, so I will do that and re-post what I found strange.

STRANGE REMARKS:

(btw) THE VIDEO ON THE ABOVE ARTICLE IS NOT OF AN INTERVIEW WITH DT. Don't bother playing it.

“I’m mad that he, it, has three weeks more of life than what my 7-year-old got,” she said.

Thompson said she has been worn down by the daily grind of giving local and national media interviews, though she knows it’s necessary to help generate leads and bring attention to the plight of abused and slain children.

“You’re going to hear me,” she said, “and you’re going to hear me loud.” (Since she has an attorney, she can't help generate leads any more; the plight of abused and slain children will have to suffer without her input).

“I don’t like to go outside because people just stare at me,” she said. “I feel like I’m a circus act.” (But what about the fund-raisers?)

(ABOUT LITTLE ST)
“I don’t even think he comprehends [that] she’s not going to come back,” Thompson said. “He starts saying, 'I just wish that man would let her go.’ ”

LATER EDIT:

On re-reading this, I realize I did not answer your question, Hounds...this doesn't say murder, does it? I got carried away with the other things. This is also a very snarky post. I am trying very very hard not to be sarcastic. I apologize to anyone to whom this gives offense, out of respect to Somer and those who love her.

I read/heard recently that little ST goes around the house saying, "Somer Renee Thompson, Somer Renee Thompson" repeatedly. It is stomach wrenching.

This is the video where DT says she has her "own story" in her mind about what might have happened to Somer (*because she had no autopsy report*)

She says this at about 2:04 in the video.

I want to rest my case about my suspicions of her involvement right here, right now.
There is absolutely no way I can imagine a person making this statement, with the idea of a possibily "gruesome" death of a 7 year old child, and remain so detached without one pause or hint of emotion whatsoever. I remember when John Walsh talked about his son being decapitated. Every time I thought about it, I cried, even though it was not my son. THIS IS HER DAUGHTER. To make a two-fold statement like this, the mind MUST form a scenario.

I'm sorry but I can't acess the puke/gag/flame/knock head against wall smileys right now.

"I really want to know why, why," she said. "I want a big T-shirt with a question mark why, but I might not ever get this answer because this person probably absolutely has no reason, just pure evil."

This is the video where DT says she has her "own story" in her mind about what might have happened to Somer (*because she had no autopsy report*)

She says this at about 2:04 in the video.

I want to rest my case about my suspicions of her involvement right here, right now.
There is absolutely no way I can imagine a person making this statement, with the idea of a possibily "gruesome" death of a 7 year old child, and remain so detached without one pause or hint of emotion whatsoever. I remember when John Walsh talked about his son being decapitated. Every time I thought about it, I cried, even though it was not my son. THIS IS HER DAUGHTER. To make a two-fold statement like this, the mind MUST form a scenario.

I'm sorry but I can't acess the puke/gag/flame/knock head against wall smileys right now.

AMEN!!!! i don't see the link for the video although i have seen it before i would like to see it again?? thank you.

Is there any way another thread could be started for little Somer for those who love and miss her - a thread where tributes, kind words, along with the beautiful descriptions of Somer, the little person, can be placed? I would very much appreciate that. Tia

IDK you would have to check further on W/S sometimes they have sites, thinking of a memorial garden site for Victoria Stafford. If there isn't one, maybe you would like to start one? I know there are many tribute sites out there (facebook has a number of groups), I am glad Eyes you understand that this group is for sleuthing and sleuthing a case means everyone that could be possibly be connected to try to help solve this murder.

I'm remaining confident in that colossal amount of evidence CCSO had to send to other labs.

Hold onto hope until the Sheriff says "We got all the test results back and we still don't have a clue."

This is considering they don't have any witnesses and they will need a lot of corroborating evidence. It makes me think the killer knew what he was doing, was careful, it was thought out, pre-meditated. The good thing about that is, if it is true, he will be up for the worst possible punishment.

YES. If you to to WS main page there is a thread entitled (I think) "Missing found deceased condolences" and I had posted this earlier. Nobody has visited that page much. It would be great if there were some good things said there.

No matter what the truth turns out to be, losing a child is the single most traumatic event that can happen to a parent. I see women every day in their 80's who can't talk about it without crying. Good luck finding the page, if you can't, maybe ask a mod?

STRANGE REMARKS:

(btw) THE VIDEO ON THE ABOVE ARTICLE IS NOT OF AN INTERVIEW WITH DT. Don't bother playing it.

“I’m mad that he, it, has three weeks more of life than what my 7-year-old got,” she said.

Thompson said she has been worn down by the daily grind of giving local and national media interviews, though she knows it’s necessary to help generate leads and bring attention to the plight of abused and slain children.

“You’re going to hear me,” she said, “and you’re going to hear me loud.” (Since she has an attorney, she can't help generate leads any more; the plight of abused and slain children will have to suffer without her input).

“I don’t like to go outside because people just stare at me,” she said. “I feel like I’m a circus act.” (But what about the fund-raisers?)

(ABOUT LITTLE ST)
“I don’t even think he comprehends [that] she’s not going to come back,” Thompson said. “He starts saying, 'I just wish that man would let her go.’ ”

LATER EDIT:

On re-reading this, I realize I did not answer your question, Hounds...this doesn't say murder, does it? I got carried away with the other things. This is also a very snarky post. I am trying very very hard not to be sarcastic. I apologize to anyone to whom this gives offense, out of respect to Somer and those who love her.

I read/heard recently that little ST goes around the house saying, "Somer Renee Thompson, Somer Renee Thompson" repeatedly. It is stomach wrenching.

MS ers please excuse my computer errors and other errors and bear with me. TIA

This is considering they don't have any witnesses and they will need a lot of corroborating evidence. It makes me think the killer knew what he was doing, was careful, it was thought out, pre-meditated. The good thing about that is, if it is true, he will be up for the worst possible punishment.

Personally, I am not willing to go with the assumption they have no witnesses. There maybe some that haven't spoken to the press out of fear or were asked by LE not too KWIM?

In the Sarah Foxwell case, they got the RSO in jail on kidnapping charges (he took her from her bedroom, then murdered her) within days he was arrested, however LE has stated it may take from 30 to 45 days, before they lay "the a murder charge" and have stated they will be seeking the death penalty. So even when they are sure of the murder; it still takes time is my point.

In the initial interview with the Sheriff ... Jen Waugh ... the Sheriff said the same thing ... that Somer was not in trouble and that anyone who was assisting her (like if she said she didn't want to go home because she would be in trouble) would not be in trouble.

They were hoping she was alive. They were hoping she was at a friend's and would come home.

As far as saying "there is nothing a 7 year old could have done to deserve this" ... I think Diena was talking to the killer ... nothing he/she could say would justify the end result being that he/she killed Somer.

That makes sense in my head.

That is a good point, Noway. ITT it's likely that before the cameras started rolling, he may have had a talk with her to calm her down or assist her in facing the media onslaught. He may have even suggested some things she might say as appeal for return. In that light, I see her looking at him as if for guidance frequently.

Is it possible to "love" someone and feel compassion for them, when they are hurting or sincere, and still mis-trust that person or have reservations about them? As a woman and a MOTHER, I feel a strong bond and compassion for every other woman and mother. I have been through (in sympathy) the grief of DT and many others almost to the extent empathetically that I became that person. One event, however, is not a signal summary of a whole person. In my job, I deal with "Cry Wolf" phenomenon a lot, and it's a constant struggle to differentiate the real from the perceived or the truth from drama. So again, perhaps my ideas about this are based strongly on experiences.

I see a "sister" who has lost her baby and will never see her again, and I also see a person who seems to be hiding something. Please excuse personal MOO if it seems too self-revealing or inappropriate, let me know. TIA

"Catch the monster who did THIS". Did what? Threw her baby in the trash?
Molested her? Killed her? She does not specify what THIS is.
I think she does not come right out and "talk about the killer" for a very good reason.

Thanks for your response, anyway Pia.

She seems to be leaning toward inferring a sexual predator theory in several instances where she says she wants to keep the story out there as an advocate for abused children ? KWIM? When she says Monster or It, it seems to be in context of someone who not only would have killed but also molested or tortured? If this is what she believes, or it is a spin as a smokescreen, only she would know that. I hope it is the former.

Is it just me, or have there been a lot more murders lately where babies and other victims have been thrown in the trash? Hope they are not copycat. Hope there is not some Acme Easy to do Dispose of Person in Trash tutorial out there (like how to build a bomb off the internet) KNWIM?

When DT talks about her baby being thrown in the trash (and ST says the same thing) I take it as the fact that on top of being murdered, this was crossing a line in terrible indignity. She goes on to say in one interview that "you don't throw a little girl in the trash like she was nothing," and "trash means that this was something worthless" (I am paraphrasing, excuse me).

I would just like to state that not everyone here agrees that DT is involved. I see a greiving mother. Every little thing she says or does can be interpeted many different ways. <edited> thank-you.

You are correct to say that not everyone agrees DT is involved. I'd be willing to guess that a lot of people would love to find out that she is not, myself among them. Also that everything she says or does can be interpreted in different ways.

I have personally struggled with this since day one. I continue to struggle with it and go back to the beginning and the evidence, timelines, MPR, interviews, Sheriff, neighbors, etc. I even pretend she was out of town. In the end, I still see contradictions and an overall lack of credibility. This is MO. I respectfully accept and recognize the validity of everybody else's because this is serious business. A little girl is dead, and it will impact everyone in her family and community forever.

I would just like to say that I do not know who murdered this child. Or why.Or how.I am beginning to wonder if this case will ever be solved.

Liz if we could figure out the why, it would be prob. easier to figure out the who.

As DT herself said, "why why why". Haven't we all asked this over and over? Such a sweet-looking little girl, so full of life, so guileless.

I read on one of the articles that even after capturing a suspect, police often never do get to the truth of "why". How they can go on doing their work is beyond me. Must be a higher calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18