FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed local news at 12. The next will be at 5, unless there is a special report. Im watching for it.

Ms Suzanne, you go on and on about defending DT and her statements when she was in mourning..

ST had JUST found out his child was killed and put in the trash. He wanted to take the others away from the danger...

why is ok for you to judge what is appropriate for him to say in that moment of unspeakable pain?

My heart goes out to both of them.I feel it was not appropiate to say on T.V. and in public.I feel what was his motives for doing this.I feel it was very cruel for him to do.I do not want to slam him or her in any way and I won't.My heart does go out to him.I pray they find thier little girls killer and the killer does pay for what he did.

I don't know details. Couldn't tell you if I wanted to. There's something happening though.
bbm... like...activity around the LE station??? you are hearing things??? (can you clarify a bit so you don't sound trollish? the mod hates baiting and it is also part of the TOS)

I mean no disrespect to you either Ms Suzanne. Somer was also her fathers daughter that died. Do you not care what he has to say?

A father is just as important as a mother.......his loss is just as great.

I do care what he has to say.I care what they both have to say.This was thier pretty little girl that was killed.

I have a question - since we are on the topic of walking vs not walking ----

I think it goes to prove nobody was at the home waiting for these kids day after day -- let alone on the day Somer was kidnapped and murdered.

If SP was really waiting at home for the kids on this particular day -- WHY WOULD HE NOT MAKE THE EFFORT TO PICK THEM UP??? If he were there waiting with a car, then that is pure laziness and negligence, IMHO

I agree.If he wasn't doing something or working.He should have picked them up.

I've been wondering if the b/f "James" is actually a teen, or just plays one on the internet.

bbm... like...activity around the LE station??? you are hearing things??? (can you clarify a bit so you don't sound like a troll? the mod hates baiting and it is also part of the TOS)

I'm not trying to do anything wrong. I know people here care a lot about this case and I wanted to pass along what might be a good development. I hope it comes through. I didn't know it would be considered "baiting". I just can't PUBLICALLY explain. Should I not share info like this? I will be glad to explain what led me to this information if it doesn't come through.

I don't live in Fl, so I don't know what is happening at the LE station.

Thompson also told the investigator the school suggested the children attend an off-campus YWCA day-care program. But she said it ended before she could pick them up from work and she couldn’t afford the cost of picking them up late.
Thompson was later told the day-care program was at the school and that school officials were trying to arrange for Somer to attend for free or at a reduced rate. She said she would consider the option, though the children weren’t sent.

http://jacksonville.com/community/my_clay_sun/2010-01-13/story/fears_for_somer_thompson%E2%80%99s_safety_expressed_a_year_before_her

I'm not trying to do anything wrong. I know people here care a lot about this case and I wanted to pass along what might be a good development. I hope it comes through. I didn't know it would be considered "baiting". I just can't PUBLICALLY explain. Should I not share info like this? I will be glad to explain what led me to this information if it doesn't come through.

Hey no problem!! We can all use a little hope and we know you are not baiting.

http://jacksonville.com/community/m...thompson’s_safety_expressed_a_year_before_her
Fears for Somer Thompson’s safety expressed a year before her slaying
Social worker's warning a year before slaying was later shown to be without basis

* By Jim Schoettler
* Story updated at 6:10 AM on Thursday, Jan. 14, 2010
ORANGE PARK — A social worker at Somer Thompson’s school warned about the danger of the 7-year-old girl’s walks from school a year before a killer snatched her on her way home, state records show.

The unidentified worker told the Department of Children and Families that Somer and her three siblings got lost at least once walking from Grove Park Elementary School and were found in woods with a stranger. The worker indicated that Somer’s mother needed to pay more attention to the children’s safety and get them into day care at the school.

But a two-week probe by Children and Families concluded the allegation about the children getting lost and being found with a stranger had no basis. It also found Diena Thompson properly arranged for her children to be taken to and from school, about a mile away, and that it was acceptable for them to walk home when necessary. Day care was suggested to her as an option, but not a requirement.

The case was closed without any findings of wrongdoing, according to the records provided to the Times-Union last week.

RESPECTFULLY snipped~~~

Hi nursebeeme - where do you see the case was closed AFTER little Somer was murdered this 2009. The article says this happened LAST Oct. 2008. TIA

In the terms of service it just states that if you state something you have to link to it or explain it... that's all.. If it is a rumor, you can preface it with "rumor", etc. Is the information something you found online, etc?? And sorry if I sounded snippy in my earlier post. I didn't mean to... just trying to be helpful and keep the thread open:angel:

http://jacksonville.com/community/m...thompson’s_safety_expressed_a_year_before_her
Fears for Somer Thompson’s safety expressed a year before her slaying
Social worker's warning a year before slaying was later shown to be without basis

* By Jim Schoettler
* Story updated at 6:10 AM on Thursday, Jan. 14, 2010
ORANGE PARK — A social worker at Somer Thompson’s school warned about the danger of the 7-year-old girl’s walks from school a year before a killer snatched her on her way home, state records show.

The unidentified worker told the Department of Children and Families that Somer and her three siblings got lost at least once walking from Grove Park Elementary School and were found in woods with a stranger. The worker indicated that Somer’s mother needed to pay more attention to the children’s safety and get them into day care at the school.

But a two-week probe by Children and Families concluded the allegation about the children getting lost and being found with a stranger had no basis. It also found Diena Thompson properly arranged for her children to be taken to and from school, about a mile away, and that it was acceptable for them to walk home when necessary. Day care was suggested to her as an option, but not a requirement.

The case was closed without any findings of wrongdoing, according to the records provided to the Times-Union last week.

Hi nursebeeme - where do you see the case was closed AFTER little Somer was murdered this 2009. The article says this happened LAST Oct. 2008. TIA
it was a figure of speech as she is no longer with us...... but I will go back to edit my post as it was confusing... sorry :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csiapril77