FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds as though most believe that Jarred Harrell is the murderer and not an uncooperative witness with knowledge of the crime?

I am going to weigh in & say after the alleged bio-dad (which he is not sure of) said they did get Jarred's DNA later. We don't know if this was due to a court order or if Jarred volunteered it. He is a POI, but I am waiting to see what happens when he hits the Sunshine state. If they are looking at DNA, I assume there is DNA to compare too on Somer (not a keyboard so to speak). If this is the case, it is not looking good for Jarred regarding a possible murder charge. It is a wait & see IMO; if they don't lay charges right-away when he is back in Florida...??? :waitasec:

im just curious if maybe some of somers siblings can ever remember seeing jh out and about when kids come up and down the street or maybe even if somer ever spoke with him while stopping by to pet the dog?

im just curious if maybe some of somers siblings can ever remember seeing jh out and about when kids come up and down the street or maybe even if somer ever spoke with him while stopping by to pet the dog?

This is the quote about the white dog:

"Dawn Nuss, 39, whose 8-year-old daughter Christina used to walk home with Somer, said her daughter told her that Somer used to stop at the house and pet a white dog. No one would ever come out of the house." (BBM)
http://www.news-record.com/content/...d_person_of_interest_in_somer_thompsons_death

But you have other neighbors who claim he only came out when the kids were walking home. So confusing, just like much of this case.

Do you think they got a search warrant for the builders and all of their cars, truck,s, equipment, or do you think that they willingly allowed a search as well?

Do you need a warrant to get DNA as the builders did give DNA.

Harrell told his aunt that they DNA'd all of the people in the neighborhood, but we know that it was not true. He didn't give his until much later.

Do you think that he thought that he could hide in Mississippi?

If I was facing DP or any prison, I would be looking for a place to hide really good.

yes in some instances they would need a court order to obtain dna if the person being asked denys giving it willingly. a while back the sheriff had told dt that they have an idea as to who they think did this, I believe the sheriff had jh in mind at that time and just kept a tight lip about it.

It sounds as though most believe that Jarred Harrell is the murderer and not an uncooperative witness with knowledge of the crime?

I think LE believes they have the murderer. I don't think they would be so tight lipped, then name him a POI if they didn't have something. Personally, I want to see what that something is before I decide if I believe he is the murderer.

This is the quote about the white dog:

"Dawn Nuss, 39, whose 8-year-old daughter Christina used to walk home with Somer, said her daughter told her that Somer used to stop at the house and pet a white dog. No one would ever come out of the house." (BBM)
http://www.news-record.com/content/...d_person_of_interest_in_somer_thompsons_death

But you have other neighbors who claim he only came out when the kids were walking home. So confusing, just like much of this case.

Here is a video of the "other neighbors". Please watch it if you haven't already.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=151931&catid=3
I am totally going with the 8 yo on this one.
Can anyone figure out what's on Connie's ear? Is that a secret decoder ring? I'm puzzled! TIA

Thanks, I had only read the article, & I took your advice & watched the video, I am going with the 8 year old too! Puzzling is right! :waitasec:

ITA!!!!
She was laying it on kinda thick wasn't she????
Kinda acting like she was trying to act really upset. Not very realistic IMO.

It would depend on the type of DNA found (source).

IIRC, the mom/stepdad had been gone a couple of weeks so none of Jarred Harrell's DNA on the dog would have been on Somer as a result of petting the same dog. Not by then ... because it would have been a couple of weeks since she would have been able to even pet the dog.

By then, the dog had been gone a couple of weeks, true?

I read a small article, when I went to get the URL it was already off, that said JH's father has doubt that he is the real father.

He said the boy was recognized as his, and the mother has sworn he is the father, but he is not so sure.

IF the "father" is not the real father, then a DNA match to JH may be questionable.

I read a small article, when I went to get the URL it was already off, that said JH's father has doubt that he is the real father.

He said the boy was recognized as his, and the mother has sworn he is the father, but he is not so sure.

IF the "father" is not the real father, then a DNA match to JH may be questionable.

Here's a snip from the article.

He said there’s one more thing he can’t get off his mind: He’s not really certain if Jarred is even his son.

Harrell said Jarred’s mother always insisted he is the father and court documents link them as father and son. But Harrell’s current wife said the two men look nothing alike. And Harrell, still distrusting of Jarred’s mother, said he has his doubts. Not that he’s ready to disown Jarred yet.

“I don’t have no other choice,” Harrell said. “I raised him for five years.”

http://jacksonville.com/community/c...somer_thompson_slaying_had_bizarre_upbringing

ITA!!!!
She was laying it on kinda thick wasn't she????
Kinda acting like she was trying to act really upset. Not very realistic IMO.
Totally. The histrionics would have made Bette Davis jealous. Maybe some of the other characters who have only been quoted by the media and not shown are just as credible. I just know I wouldn't want to be tried and convicted by the testimony of the Brewster sisters.
Was that really the best the media was able to do? They should have interviewed the dog.

I'm thinking the DNA the "father" in MS gave did not match JH so they obtained a sample from JH? Just a thought.
ETA-Has it been stated anywhere that the DNA sample obtained from JH was given voluntarily or court ordered?

Here is a video of the "other neighbors". Please watch it if you haven't already.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=151931&catid=3
I am totally going with the 8 yo on this one.
Can anyone figure out what's on Connie's ear? Is that a secret decoder ring? I'm puzzled! TIA

lol-secret decoder ring! Seriously I think it is one of those wireless blue tooth devices that go in your ear.

I'll be kind and just say that the Sandra the neighbor seems to be a bit eccentric to me.

JMO

JH has been described as a loner and lazy.
If lazy and no friends.........
who moved that shed for many miles?
lazy people wouldn't take down and put up a shed again.
Who had a truck to move the shed?
Who had the money to move the shed?
When did the shed get moved?
Did parents move the shed?
Then where did he live for a few weeks after they left?
Why didn't they allow him to be in the house?
The shed bothers me, because people
just usually leave sheds, I have.

Your not the only one that the shed bothers, passionflower. It bothers me too!
When I first saw the news clip about it being moved my hinky meter went off the charts.
It went even higher when it was said the home it was moved to was a rental.
I mean, come on, who does that? Then I read the comment about JH could have possibly been living in it. Yikes!!

And I would like to know why they moved out of the house on Gano, which to my understanding is owned by the step-father of JH and they were and are not trying to sell it. Why would someone move into a rental home and have to pay rent when they already have a home to live in? Why would they move a shed to a rental property that if and when they move again if they want to keep the shed it would have to be moved again? Moving a shed is not an easy task. We came across one, it was a great deal, it is made out of wood and quite large (16X20 I'm thinking) and not easy to move.
Shed moved=hinky!!

JMO

Your not the only one that the shed bothers, passionflower. It bothers me too!
When I first saw the news clip about it being moved my hinky meter went off the charts.
It went even higher when it was said the home it was moved to was a rental.
I mean, come on, who does that? Then I read the comment about JH could have possibly been living in it. Yikes!!

And I would like to know why they moved out of the house on Gano, which to my understanding is owned by the step-father of JH and they were and are not trying to sell it. Why would someone move into a rental home and have to pay rent when they already have a home to live in? Why would they move a shed to a rental property that if and when they move again if they want to keep the shed it would have to be moved again? Moving a shed is not an easy task. We came across one, it was a great deal, it is made out of wood and quite large (16X20 I'm thinking) and not easy to move.
Shed moved=hinky!!

JMO

Hi. Avid reader/lurker here but seldom post as you guys are always 10 steps ahead of me. You rock!

IMO, I think the shed probably houses all of their radio equipment, which would explain the air conditioning and moving it to a rental house.

lol-secret decoder ring! Seriously I think it is one of those wireless blue tooth devices that go in your ear.

I'll be kind and just say that the Sandra the neighbor seems to be a bit eccentric to me.

JMO

Ahh thank you!
you are too kind, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads