FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because i think if they have definitely got the right person here, they owe that info. to Somer's family, and the rest of the general public also, for obvious reasons!

I respectfully disagree. They owe Somer and her family as good a prosecution as they can muster against this person. If that means taking their time so that there are no holes in their case he can slither through, I'm fine with them taking all the time they need. As far as owing *us* information? We'll get that information in due time. I don't want to see them blow a case in order to satisfy our curiosity.

These are just my personal opinions, that is all. Everybody sees things differently, and i respect that. That is what makes us all unique.

I respectfully disagree. They owe Somer and her family as good a prosecution as they can muster against this person. If that means taking their time so that there are no holes in their case he can slither through, I'm fine with them taking all the time they need. As far as owing *us* information? We'll get that information in due time. I don't want to see them blow a case in order to satisfy our curiosity.

No, i am not saying that! They owe Somer's family and the general public out there that info, because the person/persons that committed this crime is as far as i am concerned a "loose cannon" out there in society, that is why.
Even if he didn't kill Somer, he is in lockup for a long long time isn't he?

No, i am not saying that! They owe Somer's family and the general public out there that info, because the person/persons that committed this crime is as far as i am concerned a "loose cannon" out there in society, that is why.
Even if he didn't kill Somer, he is in lockup for a long long time isn't he?

Ah ok. I'm sorry I misunderstood your post.

I also wanted to say in J.H's case, if they did have enough evidence to say they have "got their man", in this case, as has definitely been stated, then wouldn't the more serious crime of Somer's abduction/murder charge override the other crimes he has been charged with so far? Not that those are not of a serious nature, but they didn't culminate in murder, and disposal of a body.
bbm

imhoo NO.

They have stated they now have time to get their ducks in a row. He is behind bars without bail for an unrelated charge and they have time to breathe, relax, and build their case.

In the last article they tried to put the community at ease and encourage patience. It speaks loudly to me. They are trying to say... don't worry we are working on it... and we will get it done.

I am leaning towards a DNA match as they wanted & got his DNA. But, it could be possible when they wanted his DNA in the beginning is may have been in regard to the *advertiser censored* & were perhaps looking to match it to unsolved rapes? But I agree they must have some kind of really strong evidence to name him a POI. IF it was a DNA match, I don't understand why he can't be charged & still work on other parts of the case as it surely will be a capital case & will take years to go to trial. Then I wonder if any possible DNA was say on her outer clothes say if the garbage would complicate matters, so they want to wait for the processing of the other evidence to be finished? Especially if the dumpster is where he worked previously, a defense lawyer could say "transfer". I feel like Sybil, spinning my head around...I know lol.

Sometimes I wonder how anyone was ever convicted before they discovered DNA!

Aren't there video cams that might have captured someone putting things into a dumpster or cars parking, whatever, especially in a mall type area?

These are just my personal opinions, that is all. Everybody sees things differently, and i respect that. That is what makes us all unique.
I couldn't say this better than you did angel. Respect is the hallmark of websleuths. (any one who has had a time out can attest to that lol)

Aren't there video cams that might have captured someone putting things into a dumpster or cars parking, whatever, especially in a mall type area?
I have followed this case from the start... and I remember a video where LE said they had found and interviewed the trash truck hauler from the specific location (no details given of course)

that being said, I think that LE know exactly where she was placed in the garbage and have traced it to JH in some way, shape or form. Thinking outside the box, were there any dumpsters in the area of the restaurant that he had been fired from?

More & more businesses are having cameras on dumpsters these days to curb illegal use of the bin as the cost is of garbage is steadily rising for businesses. Problem is the recordings are usually looped over after a period of time, unless saved on say a CD. Unless a problem was discovered early, I doubt a business would save it permanently. I don't at my business & depending on how much motion, it records for about 2 weeks before re-writing. It is possible LE did go business to business gathering or making copies early on even for vehicle purposes. This was done in the Victoria Stafford case.

More & more business are having cameras on dumpsters these days to curb illegal use of the bin as the cost is of garbage is steadily rising for businesses. Problem is the recordings are usually looped over after a period of time, unless saved on say a CD. Unless a problem was discovered early, I doubt a business would save it permanently. o be sa I don't at my business & depending on how much motion, it records for about 2 weeks before re-writing. It is possible LE did go business to business gathering or making copies early on even for vehicle purposes. This was done in the Victoria Stafford case.

I would think that since they found Somer so early, they would ask for tapes to be saved. 2 weeks is longer than I thought, so maybe they do have some tapes.

bbm

imhoo NO.

They have stated they now have time to get their ducks in a row. He is behind bars without bail for an unrelated charge and they have time to breathe, relax, and build their case.

In the last article they tried to put the community at ease and encourage patience. It speaks loudly to me. They are trying to say... don't worry we are working on it... and we will get it done.
Well, i must of misunderstood their statement, because i interpreted it to mean, people that had grieved for Somer etc, could now be at ease with them having got the right person.

I would think that since they found Somer so early, they would ask for tapes to be saved. 2 weeks is longer than I thought, so maybe they do have some tapes.

Unless it was a very old system, I would bet the average would be a week to 2 weeks. A mall parking lot would certainly be covered for liability issues, usually all entry points as well; even for staff, usually dumpster is in this location as well. They want to see if staff is leaving with boxes of merchandise, staff safety as well as break-ins.

Although cameras didn't help catch the Victoria's killer; it certainly is going to play a huge part in the trial by tying the two with Victoria in the car. Once they had the pair...they re-viewed all the footage looking for his vehicle. :dance:

L.E. were very quick to find Somer's body so soon after she had been dumped at the landfill. I don't know if i have read of another case like that. Usually it takes quite some time and lots of searching, and even then it is difficult. Sometimes bodies aren't recovered for a long time. Look at C.A., 6 months into it before they found Caylee, and they are still looking for Haleigh, 12 mnths after.
I guess in finding Somer so quickly they were able to obtain quite a bit of evidence, i would imagine, and maybe all of this led them quickly to their POI?

Calliope, Awwww, gee thanks for that. That is so cool! Now you're really making me homesick! Lol. Haven't seen my land "down under" for nearly 4yrs. Hope to go home next year for a holiday.

Here is a pic of the ditch on Gano next to where JH was.......full of weeds.....if I can remember, the fence went just around the front of the ditch and just partially around the sides.....

102_1667.jpg

L.E. were very quick to find Somer's body so soon after she had been dumped at the landfill. I don't know if i have read of another case like that. Usually it takes quite some time and lots of searching, and even then it is difficult. Sometimes bodies aren't recovered for a long time. Look at C.A., 6 months into it before they found Caylee, and they are still looking for Haleigh, 12 mnths after.
I guess in finding Somer so quickly they were able to obtain quite a bit of evidence, i would imagine, and maybe all of this led them quickly to their POI?

the early trash search is unprecedented.. and kudos to LE investigating the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supersnooper001